Thread: Finally ! - Conquored the World

Default Finally ! - Conquored the World

I finally conquored the world ! It is my first TW game (1st RTS other than WWII/Modern). Cool game! Timurids were the biggest challenge- assassins were needed/used. Got tired of colonies rebelling, and inquisators. Lucky I read a forum post re Aztecs, or i would have sent an insufficient force across ocean. I managed this on my 3rd Long Campaign win as England. Final Victory screen- bit of a disapointment- dialogue but no movie, just a black screen.
    CK

Beware! Relentless Looter! Member Flavius Merobaudes's Avatar

Default Re: Finally ! - Conquored the World

Well, congratulations! And which faction will you play next?

I usually skip campaigns after several turns (50-100) because I'm getting bored. Always wanna try out some new strategy or units.

Congratulations! Personally I only usually play the Short Campaigns as I don't have the tenacity to keep battling my way to global domination.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

Corrupter of Souls Member John_Longarrow's Avatar
    Be it ever so humble, there's no place like the Abyss...

Free444,

Congradulations and welcome to the board!

So what did you find worked well/poorly against the Aztecs as England? And what did you deal with the Mongols?

For Timurids and Mongols and Aztecs, I used a total mix of units, but always included bombast and Culvern(sp?) artillery(sometimes alot).. had calvary, bowmen, sometimes spear-or dismounted knights. I only fought 50% of the battles without 'auto-resolve'.. on 'easy'; most of my fought out battles got a little chaotic to say the least..assassins and especially spies were vital, for me, versus Aztecs(they 'disappear' quick too!)- I took 8 armies to the new world.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

I've conquered most of the world. I've never actually been to the new world, as I've typically conquered every old world province by the time you get the ability to cross the ocean.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Roosdaal, being spared from cultural influence,a land where farmers still form the majority of the people.Oh yea,in Belgium.

I wanna see screens,people :)
    -Verba mea aurea sunt

-Verba volant , scripta manent

Quote Originally Posted by free444
    I finally conquored the world ! It is my first TW game (1st RTS other than WWII/Modern). Cool game! Timurids were the biggest challenge- assassins were needed/used. Got tired of colonies rebelling, and inquisators. Lucky I read a forum post re Aztecs, or i would have sent an insufficient force across ocean. I managed this on my 3rd Long Campaign win as England. Final Victory screen- bit of a disapointment- dialogue but no movie, just a black screen.
    CK
    No movie? when I won there was a heck of a movie!

Quote Originally Posted by hoetje
    I wanna see screens,people :)
    me too
    There are few things more annoying than some idiot who has never done anything trying to say definitively how something should be done.

Sua Sponte

Roosdaal, being spared from cultural influence,a land where farmers still form the majority of the people.Oh yea,in Belgium.

Quote Originally Posted by King Orko
    No movie? when I won there was a heck of a movie!

what do you mean with a heck of a movie? your king sitting on a throne ,celebrating with his people? :P
    -Verba mea aurea sunt

what do you mean with a heck of a movie? your king sitting on a throne ,celebrating with his people? :P
    and crowned ina cathedral? you see peasents cheering with their weapones to the king? a lot of things that the damn priest says? you see him handling with books and it is nice? getting the hustory book he writes in to his place in the library? it is very good!

if you couldn't see the movie your gfx card probably wasn't good enough to
    support it i think. honestly i barely just by with the unit sizes on small, and it's
    still laggy with a full stack

Quote Originally Posted by King Orko
    and crowned ina cathedral? you see peasents cheering with their weapones to the king? a lot of things that the damn priest says? you see him handling with books and it is nice? getting the hustory book he writes in to his place in the library? it is very good!

erm, is that the movie for victory conditions met or for the total domination?
    Is there even a movie for total domination? ^^
    -Verba mea aurea sunt

erm, is that the movie for victory conditions met or for the total domination?
    Is there even a movie for total domination? ^^
    oh ... I don't know

Does anyone know? ^^ :D
    -Verba mea aurea sunt

Carnifex Maximus Member Rebellious Waffle's Avatar

Pizzaguy probably knows, if anyone does.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

I am not sure about the vanilla versions (1.00-1.02) but I played the 100 years war campaign on Lands to Conquer, and I got seperate screens for victory conditions, and a better screen for taking all provinces.

So, if that's any indication, yes there is something there for you if you own every province. It's pretty much the same screen and music but with different text.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger