Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Idiot KH AAR.

Handler of candles Member Xehh II's Avatar

Default Idiot KH AAR.

Welcome to Xehhs super idiot AAR!
    Ok this is my first AAR so please don't be to judgemental.
    Also the writing will not be good, I failed english at school so I'm not that good at writing.
    I don't have many rules other than that I won't cheat, and I'll role play everything and I am being a wuss and playing M/M and the first part might not make sense because I've already started my Campaign.

Contents:

Part One: Fall of Korinthos and the Massacre of Sinope
    Part Two: End of the Line and a War Renewed
    Part Three: The man From Krete and New Navy Plans Ruined
    Part Four: New Man and Navy Complete
    Part Five:Death of a Great and Death of a Tyrant
    Part Six: Rage of Akrotatos
    Part Seven: News From The Border
    Part Eight: Army Redesigned and Focus of Anger
    Part Nine: The Broken Body
    Part Ten: "The only thing we can do."
    Part Eleven: Pushing North and The Assassin
    Part Twelve: Fall of Makedon(Coming soon)
    Last edited by Xehh II; 09-13-2007 at 21:14.
    A ha ha! Rainbows and unicorns! Rainbows and unicorns!

Default Re: Idiot KH AAR.

Don't be so negative jaja, just write your stuff and let the people judge, maybe you can make a good AAR, I will read it

Part One
    Fall of Korinthos and the Massacre of Sinope
    !This part might not make sense!
    At the start of my KH campaign I united my Athenai and Sparte armies and attacked Korinthos I ordered 2 tower be built, while I was waiting for the towers to be built Agathokles Rhodios died peacefully at the age of 60 in his home one late night. The makedonians also sent an army to stop the seige at Korinthos but failed misrablely, I laugh at them! The next season I was ready to attack Korinthos.
    Battle Report
    At the start of the battle I sent the towers at the walls right of the gate, Areus Eurypontidos Lakedaimonios and his son Akrotatos Eurypontidos Lakedaimonios led the attack with their Spartans. Areus and Akrotatos both led the towers against the wall, Areus came up against Some Phalangetai Deuteroi while Akrotatos had no resistance, on his way to his father Akrotatos captured a tower which dominated the feeble Hoplitai Haploi below, now, with Both generals slaughtering the Phalangetai I sent the other Spartans up the tower.
    By now the Phalangetai were Fighting to the death but were still no match for the might of Sparte, but the Makedonians did send most of their Haploi to the rear of my Spartans but still, what could a bunch of Levies do to the finest warriors in the known world?
    Ok fast forward a bit, ok here we are, Areus, with the help of his son and the other Spartans had taken the walls and opened the gate for the rest of the army, now with the bulk of my force inside the walls I rushed my Hoplitai up the middle, my Hoplitai Haploi around to the left and Spartans to the left, they all met in the middle and there was a big fight, I fight on timed battles BTW, and by this time I had used up most of time so the end result was that I lost, they had 1 man left when the timer hit zero, kind of disappointing don't you think? but don't worry I attacked again and killed them all, in the end I occupied Korinthos.
    End Report
    After that I built forts north of Athenai and west of Korinthos to stop a Makedonian counter attack.
    Then after 2 years of nothing we get a report from Sinope, they were under attack from Pontos! Eugenios Rhodios, son of Agathokles was now 16 and demanded that Areus lead an attack to reclaim it, of course Eugenios was not a fighter and refused to go to Sinope. In the summer with all the supplies ready Areus, Akrotatos and Androkles Lesbios(Areus adopted him) and their army boarded the fleet at Athenai and set sail for Sinope.
    After coming under attack from pirates on the way the trio disembarked west of Nikaia and marched east and set up camp south of the town, there, in the winter Areus lay on his deathbed, he would not survive long. Akrotatos went to Nikaia to arrange a proper burial for his father but the Bithynoi refused, so furious with anger Akrotatos left his father in an unmarked grave south of Nikaia, swearing that the Bithynoi would pay for their disrespect.
    They continued on for a year until they reached the walls of Sinope, most were starving, half-insane beasts by that time and in a couple of months the streets of sinope would run with the blood of nearly every single man, woman and child within it's walls, The Greeks had set out to save it but in the end they were the one's that destroyed it.

That's it for part one, I hope it didn't bore you to much, feel free to tell me if its crap.
    Last edited by Xehh II; 07-04-2007 at 04:06.

I don't think it's crap it's funny but a few screenshot would make it much more better can't wait for your second chapter
    "I should like to see any power of the world destroy this race, this small tribe of unimportant people, whose history is ended, whose wars have been fought and lost, whose structures have crumbled, whose literature is unread, whose prayers are no longer answered.... For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia!

William Saroyan, 1935.

High kings of the Mountains: A Hayasdan AAR

I'm sorry, I couldn't get screenshots of the first part because I played it last night. I'm going to start playing the second part in a couple of hours.
    Last edited by Xehh II; 07-04-2007 at 02:06.

go to http://www.imageshack.us/
    load your screenshot there and copy the link you see below your screenshot and paste it in your post

Karo
    "I should like to see any power of the world destroy this race, this small tribe of unimportant people, whose history is ended, whose wars have been fought and lost, whose structures have crumbled, whose literature is unread, whose prayers are no longer answered.... For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia!

William Saroyan, 1935.

I've done my sig.
    Last edited by Xehh II; 07-03-2007 at 22:12.

Wow, you actually sent aid to Sinope. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou
    Wow, you actually sent aid to Sinope. Nice.
    In the end I didn't actually help them, I slaughtered them. I role played that my army was insane because it said my army was mad from lack of food/water so I made my army act insane and kill them all.
    Last edited by Xehh II; 07-03-2007 at 23:46.

Part Two
    End of the line and a war renewed
    263BC:Chremonides Aithalidos Attikos, Hegemon and Governor of Athenai, got word from an Epirote trader that they had laid seige to Thermon, he promptly gave an order to his son to raise an army.
    With the war, Eugenios Rhodios fled to Rhodos to raise a navy, unfortunately he ended up hanging from a pirates mast, without any kids he ended the Rhodios line.
    !Sorry I accidently deleted the screenshot!
    The next season(autumn I think) The siege of Thermon had ended with the Slaughter of the Epirote army, it seems that the Aitolioi didn't need our help, especially after the mistake that was Sinope.
    But to prove that Chremonides was a worthy Successor to the great Areus Eurypontidos Lakedaimonios, he needed a new target...
    Last edited by Xehh II; 07-04-2007 at 01:33.

Part Three
    The Man From Krete and New Navy Plans Ruined

A Kreten man by the name of Alkon Koios had been serving Athenai since he was fifteen, when his family was killed by Ainesidsmos, Governor of Kydonia, Alkon swore he would help anyone that would be willing to kill Ainesidemos, that's when Chremonides Aithalidos Attikos came up with a proposition. Anyway back to the present.
    This "spy" as some people called him, finally had some news, he sent a letter to Chremonides.

"My friend, Chremonides, I have some bad news, I have been forced out of Kydonia and don't have long to leave Krete but before I left I overheard guards talking about military budget cuts. If this is true you can take the island without much restistance.
    Alkon Koios."

When Chremonidos read this letter he had a very boring party as he was a sober person. Who could have a party without alcohol? This guy could.(I think someone put stuff in the punch though.)
    The next day, not a hangover in sight, he sent orders to Rhodos for a new fleet. Unfortunately pirates plague Rhodos' waters and the new fleet would be a while off.

Hope this AAR isn't too bad so far.
    Last edited by Xehh II; 07-04-2007 at 03:15.

An Imperfect Follower of Light Member Wolfman's Avatar

No its not bad. Like karo said it's funny.
    Tales of Gods and Kings - An Arverni AAR-DEAD
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...82#post1930882
    A People of the Mist - Casse AAR-ALIVE!!!!
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...Mist-Casse-AAR

Part Four
    New Man and Navy Complete

Autumn261: The Grand Army(not actually that grand)

that was meant for Thermon lined up outside the walls of Athenai, it now had a new mission, it was led by Doros Aithalidos Attikos, son of Chremonides.

Lets laugh at him now to save him the embarresment when he fails later.
    Spring 260: Hermine marries a Kreten!

The perfect man to lead the attack an Krete! Also one month after the non-alcoholic wedding, the new fleet was completed.

Time to kill Ainesidemos.
    Last edited by Xehh II; 07-04-2007 at 03:33.

Talking Re: Idiot KH AAR.

well i dont think its bad at all, ur doing a good job and i want/need to see what happens next since i love the KH and ur AAR so far and since ur approach on conquest is almost opposite of what i did

EDIT:grammer lol

This AAR rocks! I laughed a lot on the 2nd installment and I think the roleplaying elements are cool and well told.

I guess it's true that a man who can laugh at himself is usually the best kind of humorist.
    Call me Ruma. Puupertti Ruma.

Part Five
    Death of a Great and Death of a Tyrant

Autumn 260: Our land is seeped in sorrow as the death of Chremondes Aithalios Attikos passes from this world.

The only good to come of this is that alcohol is no longer banned. The planned invasion of Krete is was postponed as the nation had a six-month mouring period.
    The new Hegemon is Akrotatos Eurypontidos Lakedaimonios, the man that vowed to destroy Nikaia, now the people feared this would lead to a war with the Seleukids.
    Winter 260: Pirates surround Athenai, the ships can't leave.
    Spring 259: Nikanor Aithalidos Attikos son of the Great Chremondes has come of age,too bad he's a useless fool.

Summer 259: Siege of Kydonia, the ram is complete, The battle begins!

Sotas Stymphalios ordered the slingers to fire at the defenders, they were able to kill a surprising amount, a couple of minutes later he ordered the ram forward, toward the wall just left of the gate, it didn't take long for it to break down and soon enough the Enkdromoi flooded into the city.
    The defenders only had Haploi near the wall to start off with but they held long enough for Ainesidemos and some peltasti to show up.

Ainesidemos flees! That coward! Him and his soldiers run before Sotas' army.
    The men of Ainesdemos had to be stabbed in the back since they would not stand and fight like men.

When the Enkdromoi neared the town center some Hippakontistai that Ainesdemos kept in reserve charged Sotas' men not that it mattered, it only slowed them down for a minute before they ran.

He also had some Hoplitai Haploi but they were no match, even for the lightly armoured Enkdromoi.
    Then just as Haploi broke Ainesidemos, knowing he would die, still lead a curagous charge into the Enkdromoi, he died like a true warrior.

After Ainesidemos' death his men charged into Sotas' ranks, like men of Sparte the fought but in the end they were massacred.

In the end Kydonia was won.
    While pacifying the town, Sotas' troops found the corpse of Alkon Koios, cut in half and is brains splattered against the wall of is hideout, Sotas held a state Funeral for this hero, for without his help Kydonia wouldn't have been conquered. A statue of Alkon was Erected and Sotas was named Governor of this free city.

How was my first battle report? Was it ok?
    Last edited by Xehh II; 07-04-2007 at 21:43.

Was is ok? You give yourself far to little credit! Your AAR is progressing nicely, and that was a very good battle summary. I like how you're role-playing, moving to save Sinope and those side stories (refusal to bury body for example) really give an AAR some flavor. Excellent work!
    Currently Playing as:

If you like EB, you'll love:
    https://www.ancient-warfare.com/cms/

Thumbs up Re: Idiot KH AAR.

So far so good, keep going!!.. Interesting and is not idiotic.

Part Six
    Rage of Akrotatos

When to Seleukids invaded Nikaia, they heard from the locals that Areus Eurypontidos Lakedaimonios was buried just south of the town so they decided to look for his tomb, although the men of Nikaia refused his burial, a small village had pitched together to make a small tomb for him. When the men of Arche Seleukia found this village, they killed everyone within it's palisade, they found and dug up Areus' decomposed corpse and publicly humiliated it in Nikaia's town square.
    When Akrotatos heard of this he flew into a rage and swore he wouldn't rest until every single Seleukid in the world was dead.
    When Sparte heard of this they also swore that the Seleukids would pay. Sparte will avenge their king.
    Last edited by Xehh II; 07-08-2007 at 04:06.

Fighting the grey dead that's going to be great, hope that you'll invade Selceudic lands soon. And if I may give some advice attack at Antioch then go to seleuciea and conqeur it and after that Susa and their unit recruitment bases are done and they are defenceles for many yeras to come

William Saroyan, 1935.

That's a good idea I'll have to add that in Plans of Extermenation but, of course, my first target will be Nikaia in The example.

Attack from two sides an cut their empire in two parts
    And could you also post a map of your empire so we can see who big it is

William Saroyan, 1935.

My empire is tiny. I'll post a map if I can but i'll tell you what i've got anyway:As of Summer 259, I own Sparte, Korinthos, Kydonia, Rhodos, Athenai, Chalkis and Sinope.

Angry Re: Idiot KH AAR.

what is the current financial status? do you have incoming to support a campaing against Arche? you must punish them

Sorry for my english

Quote Originally Posted by legionario pullo
    what is the current financial status? do you have incoming to support a campaing against Arche? you must punish them
    I'll have to check i'm going to start playing Plans of Extermenation and The Example pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by legionario pullo
    Sorry for my english
    Your English is better than mine.

I'm sorry to the people who read this, I haven't been able to update, an unforseen...er...thing has come up that forced me to change my current Part 6/a/b setting to part 6, part 7 setting, stupid Maks, anyway I should be able to definatly update tomorrow between 06:00 and 14:00 GMT+12.

Part Seven
    News From The Border

While Akrotatos and Androkles were making plans for the war, a message came from Athenai, the northern border fort had come under seige, They needed to rush to Athenais defence! With no ships they would have to march overland, luckily Nikaia was on the way. With supplies gathered Akrotatos' men razed Sinope and then handed it to Pontos, then they marched toward Nikaia.
    Over in Athenai the garrison consisting of Doros Aithalidos Attikos, his brother, Nikanor, their 246 Spartan bodyguards and 120 Sphendonetai left Athenai to lead a co-ordinated attack on the Makedonian patrol. The Makedonian patrol feared the sight of the Spartans warriors and ran from the field, after this Doros joined the three armies to pursue.
    Winter 259: The Makedonians were cornered by a great monument(I don't know which one because it didn't show up in the battle, it's the one near Thermon). It was a short, uneventful battle. Doros won but lost far more troops than expected.

The first Makedonian expedition was repelled.

You know maybe I should just let that new KH AAR take over.
    Last edited by Xehh II; 07-08-2007 at 05:34.

An Imperfect Follower of Light Member Wolfman's Avatar

No I would continue it. I don't know why you were failed in english because your writing style is excellent.
    Tales of Gods and Kings - An Arverni AAR-DEAD
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...82#post1930882
    A People of the Mist - Casse AAR-ALIVE!!!!
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...Mist-Casse-AAR

I failed english beacause my school ****ed up my life. I won't go into details though. Anyway who cares, i'm free to do what I want now which i'm sure you don't care about.
    I'm playing the next part now. It's got a fight in it so it'll be a while off. To be more specific it should be ready by at least 23:00 GMT+12.
    Last edited by Xehh II; 07-08-2007 at 05:38.

Sorry, doesn't look like i'll by updating tonight, i'm tired and going to bed now, I'll update ewhn I wake up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast