Thread: Mod - request - priests etc never age

Default Mod - request - priests etc never age

Would this be possible?

I liek the religious aspect to the game, the power of the pope etc

Im happy to accpet religious men die when tackling witches and hertics, but I do find when the empire expands, the management of ensuring you have someone preaching in every city very tiresome indeed.

I have posted about this in the single player forum, and whilst recieving helpful replies, they all generally revolve around moving groups of priests etc around the map or other methods - but all of them require a repetitious aspect which I find lets the game down in a big way for me.

After giving this some thought, I think the best way forward for me would be to have a situation where my preachers simply do not die of old age, and I can be confident at the beginning of a turn, as long as I have a preacher in every city, there will still be one in every city, without me having to do the merry go round of checking.

Thoughts?

Default Re: Mod - request - priests etc never age

I'm afraid the aging (as a whole system) is hardcoded -hence, you cannot mod it fully-

Unlike MTW, where only generals suffered from old age, here all agents do (personally, I think it's not a bad aspect of the game imho; just imagine 10-ranks Assassins/spies/merchants you cannot remove from the game and every turn kill a king/open any gate/acquire any enemy merchant).

You could flank the problem by making all your units subject to aging to age more slowly -even more than now-; this is not so hard to do, other modders will write precisely how to do it (anyway, you have to change the "Timescale" or "Timeline" number in descr_strat)

Quote Originally Posted by madalchemist
    You could flank the problem by making all your units subject to aging to age more slowly -even more than now-; this is not so hard to do, other modders will write precisely how to do it (anyway, you have to change the "Timescale" or "Timeline" number in descr_strat)
    Thanks Ill give it a go, sounds like a good option, thx

Happy to help :)

I adjusted that stat to the lowest possible, 0.5, and prriests are still dying on a very regualr basis - I wonder perhaps if the highest age that cha\racters could live to could be adjusted, to say 500 years?