Thread: Really want to play this mod.

Default Really want to play this mod.

Hey everyone, I own all the Total Wars, and all the expansions thereof. I've looked into this mod deeply and it's peaked my interest, so I downloaded it. However, whenever I attempt to install the download the Following error pops up around halfway through Extracting files from Archive.

EB0.81AFinalThe File or Directory C: is corrupt and unreadable, please run the Chkdsk Utility.

Any assistance that can be offered will be GREATLY appreciated.

Default Re: Really want to play this mod.

Have you tried re-downloading the file? Perhapsy you were so unlucky as to be bereft of a few certain kilobytes during your download.

Also, if the problem persists you could try to use the torrent download, I believe that uses checksums to get each segment valid.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

I have downloaded the files thrice. Once through Torrent, and twice through Fileplanet or shack or whichever. I will try the torrent again though, doubt itll work.

Perhaps it is a harddisk problem. And the file may get written to (a) bad sector(s). Have you checked that?

I assume that being told by the machine to run the chkdsk utility, you promptly ran the chkdsk utility?

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

I'm not really sure what the Chkdsk Utility is. And I'm not sure how to check or anything.

hum... are u SURE u are installing EB on top of a CLEAN VANILLA version 1.5 or 1.6. IF you have Alexander RTW expansion (or other mods), that might be giving u some issues

IF all else is failing... delete RTW and re-install it again. IF you have RTW BI, ur ok. IF you have the old RTW CD's check the version, u might need to download 1.5 from Activision.com.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Go to "My Computer". Right click on your harddrive. Choose "Properties". Go to the "Tools" tab. Look for "Error-Checking". Select "Check Now...". It will run a test of your harddrive. Depending on your system, it may take anywhere from a couple minutes to a half hour. Also, for many systems it will say it must restart your computer to run the check. Schedule a check then restart your computer.

I'll try both of those things, Thanks!

Wow.....I got it to work....and just....Wow.

This might be the best mod I have ever had the fortune to participate in.

Thank you for bringing this goodness to the world..

Wow.

It is very awesome but be prepared, game play is very slow compared to RTW so be patient

...and battles last longer so flanking and manouvering is VERY important. The economy up is NOT easy, especially in the biggining, and even more so with barbarian or stepped factions. The AI gets extra $$ to help it with its innability to manage an economy.

All this makes EB f******* AWESOME!!!

Have fun man!!!

p.s Gaestae (sp) ARE NOT overpowered.
    Last edited by NeoSpartan; 07-07-2007 at 18:54.

flank
    re-form lines
    use a strategy of keeping a unit behind an engaged unit and send them in when the attacking unit becomes exhausted and pull them out and reform
    etc etc