Thread: please address this bug for the archer units

Thumbs up please address this bug for the archer units

Greetings, i am writing this because an issue is not being addressed in the forums and I feel strongly that it should be at least looked at, so i was hoping to take the time to see the issue i am bringing up. You will NOT be able to see what i mean unless you try this experiment which takes 2 mins and will fix the accuracy of this game. The charging mechanism is not as it should be for all primarily archer type units. Please take 2 minuets of your time to try this example to see for yourself. Use the Pahlava faction( i only chose this because of the high charge for their horse archers) Zradha Shivatir armored horse archers. Use any other weak unit against it so you can see the difference, i use Vigiles from rome but theirs probably a weaker one out there. Have the horse archers disable fire at will mode so as not to confuse kills from bow shots. Charge the enemy unit, double left click take off skirmish or just disable it from the start. The horse archers pull out their lances and will charge the enemy but when they connect their charge they really don't kill any "extra" units. thier charge is 38 btw. To emphasize this do this again but chose the parthian noble cataphracts or the parthian cataphracts. i use the azad asavaran because their charge is closer at 41. Both the noble and parthian cataphracts (charge 45) will do about the same charge bonus give or take 1-2 kills, so either is fine. Have either of them charge the vigiles and see the difference on impact? Look at the number of vigiles that die immediately. they are killing at about 15 kills upon impact...This is not correct and when you understand it makes it very inaccurate.
    ps. To fix this Find the unit Zradha Shivatir (parthian armored horse archers) in your own text export-descr-units change the 0 charge bonus in the primary charge attack to a 38, like it is in the secondary attack. It will fix everything and you will see the difference. please write back when you get a chance to try it out, thanks for your time.
    pps. i also fixed the exp_desc_units file so that the charge works correctly if anyone wants it. Please do not respond to me asking if i double clicked on my charge or disabled skirmish or asking if its only on my cpu, because it is not. Just change the 0 to a 38 like i previously stated and test it out.
    Last edited by Iasonis; 07-05-2007 at 09:27.

Default Re: please address this bug for the archer units

You are not really in a position to say what we have and what we haven't fixed in our internal build, seeing as we haven't released anything, and your tone here is rather insulting.

For your information, we have or in the process of making the changes you suggested. Perhaps you could be a bit kinda in your tone next time.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Lightbulb Re: please address this bug for the archer units

Quote Originally Posted by Foot
    You are not really in a position to say what we have and what we haven't fixed in our internal build, seeing as we haven't released anything, and your tone here is rather insulting.

For your information, we have or in the process of making the changes you suggested. Perhaps you could be a bit kinda in your tone next time.

Foot

I have been asking nicely for a long time now and have been givin nothing but negative feedback, or no feedback at all. I had no idea this was being fixed so you can see why i might be frustrated. if someone would have been kind enough to tell me they are taking my experiment/suggestion into account instead of just bashing my idea on the forums then i wouldnt have been frustrated in the first place, correct? You telling me this here is actually the first time i have heard wind that my continued complaint has not fallen on deaf ears.
    ps i fixed the export_descr_unit.txt to impliment the fix, pm me an email address and ill send it detailing exactly what i changed. I see no more point taking up forum space with my complaint if it is allready being addressed, so thank you.
    Until it is officially fixed playing factions with a majority of archers units is to say the least, less than desirable. I guess you can guess the factions i usually play ;)
    Last edited by Iasonis; 07-05-2007 at 09:29.

Last edited by TosaInu; 07-06-2007 at 11:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Iasonis
    I have been asking nicely for a long time now and have been givin nothing but negative feedback, or no feedback at all. I had no idea this was being fixed so you can see why i might be frustrated. if someone would have been kind enough to tell me they are taking my experiment/suggestion into account instead of just bashing my idea on the forums then i wouldnt have been frustrated in the first place, correct? You telling me this here is actually the first time i have heard wind that my continued complaint has not fallen on deaf ears.
    ps i fixed the export_descr_unit.txt to impliment the fix, pm me an email address and ill send it detailing exactly what i changed. I see no more point taking up forum space with my complaint if it is allready being addressed, so thank you.
    Until it is officially fixed playing factions with a majority of archers units is to say the least, less than desirable. I guess you can guess the factions i usually play ;)
    Know, I don't see why you are frustrated. You know how to fix it yourself, so do it. We wouldn't release a fix for this until the next release anyway. Usually when people make suggestions, they make them and then leave it at that. We don't need to respond, and we certainly don't need to implement every suggestion. But you felt slighted from that. Well that is certainly not the attitude to take. If you had found, in the next release, that the problem had not been fixed, then you could have then raised it, but your persistence is neither helpful nor friendly; both are qualities that we enjoy seeing in our fans.

I have never seen any bashings of your ideas, and we need not tell you or anyone what of if we are doing with any suggestions given.

To be honest I'm not pleased by your post here, but as your question has been answered I guess there is no need to go any further. For future reference, we do not and need not reply to every suggestion made, but you should not feel that you have been ignored or that we are slighting you.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator