Thread: Arch-nemesis Arche Seleukia

Question Arch-nemesis Arche Seleukia

Who has started their first campaign as an eastern faction only to become mortal enemies of the the AS no matter what campaign you are playing?

The only thing that kept me playing my KH campaign was knowing that i would eventually bring large armies to their nation and spit on the rotting corpses I leave behind of these disgraces to mankind.

But this is just one player's opinion and feel free to criticize because I would love to hear other people's opinions on why the cities of the AS shouldn't be razed to the ground.

Default Re: Arch-nemesis Arche Seleukia

There's a reason Arche Seleukia is refered to as "The Grey (or Silver) Death".

I for one think you should welcome your new Hellenic overlords.

*Agree's*

Seleucids are my favorite faction :P

psycho seleukia you mean??hahahah i always forget my campaign missions and take all of their cities or try to, hahaha i really hate their huge mercenary armies you get tired of wasting mistrophoroi peltastai, phalangite and theurophoroi hahahahah they also love the mercenary greek cavalry which in my opinion are quite useless but hey my fave hellenic factions are the ptolies and the baktrians so you get to see too much of the psycho seleukia hahahaha which is quite fun i really like to waste their armies!although im not in favor of destroying and killing everyone well only their capital!!!

"Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, and brains saves both." Erwin Rommel
    "Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."Erwin Rommel
    "So long as one isn't carrying ones head under one's arm, things aren't too bad." Erwin Rommel

American since 2012 Senior Member AntiochusIII's Avatar

I love them yet I don't like them.

It's those damn no-good Egyptian-wannabe betrayers the Ptolemies that I hate. They're the reason I tolerate the incredibly exhausting five-battles-a-turn round-'n-round with the Seleucids.

While others report the Silver Death having its way with every neighbor's daughters and wives, with ample evidence to boot, my own experience is often that the Yellow Fever became ahistorically successful in consuming all in its path, especially the Seleucids (usually because Bactria became bloated and stabbed them in the back). I hate that.

Playing them is micromanagement hell though.

[/Not an EB complaint; more like dramatic hyperbole narration]

To get away from the "silver death" I decided to try a more mellow faction like the Casse, and loving it, year 250, no army, my capitol is taking taking in approx. 2300 mnai a turn.

I've decided instead of fighting the rebels (which would cripple my economy because i rely on them for sea trade) i'm just going to bribe their cities and put in my good governors and a militia unit, but i'll have to wait till tomorrow night to see how that goes.

Just a noobish question, do the rebels dislike it when you bribe their cities and then stop all trade with you?

Luckily in my campaign as the KH (using one of the money scripts and blockading their ports) Baktria and the Ptolies ate them up pretty quick.

But i still had to swade through mountains of their corpses for the start in asia minor.

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Smile Re: Arch-nemesis Arche Seleukia

Normaly when you bribe a city, you go to war wit that nation. I would be suprised if the elutheroi where an exception to this.
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

I played around little bit once with Casse test(was bored) .

They(rebels) don't go into war with you if you bribe their city.

mlp071-you could bribe their cities? I went to try but no diplomatic options showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by 0101001
    mlp071-you could bribe their cities? I went to try but no diplomatic options showed up.

You don't have enough money in bank then..

Closet Celtophile Member Redmeth's Avatar

Don't other factions' diplomats that are in a city prevent you from bribing it?

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Smile Re: Arch-nemesis Arche Seleukia

only make it harder iirc (same as yours do, especialy once they get the ambasador trait). But maube CA did their ussual and made it impossible for Ai to be bribed if they have a diplomat.
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Quote Originally Posted by mlp071
    You don't have enough money in bank then..
    nah, i just had to wait till their governor died, damn sanoe, the last governor in Britain and Ireland (not mine) alive. Waiting for the 72 year old idiot to die!

Hellpuppy unleashed Member Subedei's Avatar

Well, for my part: I love to fight the Grey Death, first with my horsey archers on the passes of Central Asia. Maybe with a little help by the Ptolis.

It takes a little while, but step by step [in my current Bactrian campaign] I chew my way through to the Mediterranian Sea. By now I got some decent phalanx units too + those awesome heavy cav units one gets playing Baktria.

Note: I only play med/hard...so the stated may not be so much fun on VH/VH....
    “Some may never live, but the crazy never die” (Hunter S. Thompson)

The Aspiring God Of War Member Lysander13's Avatar
    Leading the assault against the Gods at Mount Olympos itself.

In my current Mak campaign all out war has broken out in Asia minor and The Silver Death is marching out stack after stack at me. If i could simply just concentrate on them perhaps it wouldn't be so bad. Unfornately i don't have that luxury as i keep having to fight off the damn Romans to the west who keep sending seaborne invaders to my shores. Not to mention the Epeirotes who i kicked off the Greek mainland and now exist solely in Italia but continue to still iritate me. You would think they would leave me alone until one of them figures out who's gonna run that place over there...but noooo it almost seems like they have gotten more aggresive towards me since The Silver Death is sending horde after horde at me.