Thread: Provinces!

To me provinces are to small and don't allow you to fight the big battles you want because you can't fit all the units! although hojo did once when he attacked me with 20,00 men!! what does anyone else think

I believe they put restrictions on the number of men possible in battle to reduce system requirements. If it requires 300 Mhz system with 64 MB RAM to process 1920/side at a baseline quality, imagine how high the system requirements would be set for 10,000/side or 20,000/side. Game companies want their games to reach the maximum number of home computers since they want to maximize their profits. The easiest way to do that is to set low system requirements, since not everyone has a AMD Thunderbird or P4 at home.

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

also, it really isn't possible to play games that re too big, mostly because of the fatigue the armies suffer from (I'm assuming you're playing with all the options on)

it can get to the point where even reinforcements coming onto the battlefield can already be very tired if the battle takes too long. also, with a maximum of 16 units at a time, it doesn;t really make too much difference how many banners are on one province. So you're really not having that big a battle anyway. Even if you could squeeze 50 banners each on a province, you're actually only having a long battle, not a big one.

How can the game handle the huge multiplayer conflicts, sometimes 8 to a side?

It can't.
    My motto: Be sharp, not
    well-rounded.

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

the max multiplayer (and custom battle. and the rare campaign battle) is three armies per side, for a max of 6 (three defending, 3 attacking)

Well 4v4 on totomi I can assure you it is terrific...thousands of men...armies too big for the map to sustain...they would overspill lol...and guys what lag!

My modem could never sustain that and I dropped after some minutes

-Tera

------------------
    Honour to Clan No Fear.

Visit my resource centre at: http://terazawa.totalwar.org