Thread: Unit recruitment

Default Unit recruitment

I'm not sure if this may be just apart of the game but I cannot seem to recruit units within some regions after I have conquered them. I currently build the type 2 goverment within these regions if that has anything to do with it.

Default Re: Unit recruitment

You generally need to build new barracks, and not rely on existing ones from past factions.

That said, some regions are just odd like that, and for whatever reason the EB team never got around to allocating units to that particular place, or felt it didn't warrant them.

Also, it depends on what faction you are playing as. If you are playing as the romans, check the FAQ for the reform requirements.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Yes, as Romans, you're stuck building Greek-levy type units in Southern Italy, and Gallic-levy type units in Northern Italy until you get the Polybian reforms.

Handler of candles Member Xehh II's Avatar

Ihave a similar Question, how do I recruit Regoion troops? I build Level $ gov but the regoion MIC doesn't recruit anything and the factoal MIC don't do much either.
    A ha ha! Rainbows and unicorns! Rainbows and unicorns!

Well, in general Level 4 Gov's with Regional MIC's recruit only levy-type troops until the higher levels (meaning you're in for a considerable investment). But once again, some regions just do not have any worthwhile regional troops, for whatever reasons the EB team has just not decided what to do with those provinces.

I honestly wish that, in those cases, The EB Team had just disabled Regional MIC's if possible. It's quite annoying because it's not like you can check the building browser and know what's coming up.

A word of advice: If you want to see what the higher level barracks offer, but don't want to wait half the game, and spend half your treasury to find out use these 'cheats' by using the tilde or ` key on the campaign map.

process_cq "settlementname" (No quotes when you input it.)
    add_money 40000

The first cheat instantly finishes whatever you have que'd up in the building que for whatever settlement you specified. The second one just adds money to your treasury, so that way you can add a bunch of money to pay for the regional barracks, and then upgrade them fully to see what's in store. Once satisfied, simply destroy the high level barracks, and begin to build it anew to play 'fair'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenic
    I honestly wish that, in those cases, The EB Team had just disabled Regional MIC's if possible. It's quite annoying because it's not like you can check the building browser and know what's coming up.
    And how, pray, do you expect us to do that, given that it is impossible to do.

There are still a lot of regionals to come so hopefully more areas will be filled out in the next release.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

Its odd.. I've not used any cheats sofar and do not wish too yet. I make around 40k-50k per turn if i don't build or recruit anything each turn.

But thanks for all the advice

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Smile Re: Unit recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Foot
    And how, pray, do you expect us to do that, given that it is impossible to do.

There are still a lot of regionals to come so hopefully more areas will be filled out in the next release.

Foot
    Couldn't it be done with hidden resources? It's good idea actulay, as it would stop the ai waisting its time and money, (which it does atm). If the eb team dosen't take this up then I might do it for a unoficical mod.
    Last edited by Pharnakes; 07-04-2007 at 23:33.
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

EB II Romani Consul Suffectus Member Zaknafien's Avatar
    Somewhere inside the Military-Industrial Complex

I think we are currently at the limit for hidden resources, as is.

"urbani, seruate uxores: moechum caluom adducimus. / aurum in Gallia effutuisti, hic sumpsisti mutuum." --Suetonius, Life of Caesar

No where near it. You have about 20ish, IIRC. 64 is the limit.

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Quote Originally Posted by Pharnakes
    Couldn't it be done with hidden resources? It's good idea actulay, as it would stop the ai waisting its time and money, (which it does atm). If the eb team dosen't take this up then I might do it for a unoficical mod.
    Unfortunately the "OR" command doesn't work properly in the EDB, so we can't use current HRs for the job (besides that would take up a lot of work), and there are only a limited number of HRs avaliable (64 in total is allowed) and the huge number of permutations needed would make using new HRs impossible!

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

But why couldn't you have 5 hidden reources, one for each mic level, and make the resources and requirments? Ok, it would take up quite a few hidden resources, but theres plenty and to spare, or have you got plans for all of those that haven't been used yet?

Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

wow.... people talking about coding and s****... I am so confused..... but u never know, I might just learn something.

Well we have about 19 MIC. Since in each province those 19 MIC could be caped on different level we would need in worst case scenario 19 * 5 resources.
    Plus it would be incredibly difficult to keep data in sync.
    Changing recruitment would also require changing HR distribution.

Edit. AI doesnt build buildings with no bonuses.
    And human player will know exactly what can be build where after we release our Recruitment guide.
    Last edited by LorDBulA; 07-05-2007 at 06:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharnakes
    But why couldn't you have 5 hidden reources, one for each mic level, and make the resources and requirments? Ok, it would take up quite a few hidden resources, but theres plenty and to spare, or have you got plans for all of those that haven't been used yet?
    Because then you would need 5 per faction (as each faction different recruitment zones) which would be 100 HRs. Not really plausible is it!

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

EB2 Baseless Conjecturer Member blacksnail's Avatar

You might need a factional and a regional HR split, per faction - so, 200 if you did every level.

Also, you might need the OR conditional to work differently to get the regional barracks working correctly with the HR system.