Thread: Corruption in settlements

Default Corruption in settlements

Hello good people :)

I recently took over the middle east whilst playing with Venice, however the settlements there dont give much income due to corruption in the trade. Is there anyway to get rid of it?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Corruption in settlements

build law buildings (town hall series, walls too i think) and/or have a general with some law traits as well, will reduce corruption.

If you start building it, check the settlement details, and you should see some of the corruption blinking, that tells you how much the difference will be when you get done building it (approximately though)

"Don't mind me, i happen the have the Insane trait....." -Me

Have them rebel, then sack them. Well, it may not be... well, it least it would work for the money :P
    Emotion, passions, and desires are, thus peace is not.
    Emotion: you have it or it has you.

---

Pay heed to my story named The Thief in the Mead Hall.
    No.

---

Check out some of my music.

but don´t let them rebel and then sack until you have build biggest city walls, takes ages to grow back.
    Homo Sapiens non Urinat in Ventum - the wise man does not piss against the wind.

put a governor inside

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Move your capital. Pick a more nearby settlement and make that one your capital.

And welcome to the Org btw
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Thanks for the welcome!

Moving captial will be a problem at the moment as i only control the five northern cites in Italy, two from Milan and one from HRE and the two settlements east.

Law buildings do seem to help with the corruption and the amount it takes of trade, however it is only small. Trying to send some generals there now, last time i tried my ships were attacked :( and after killing the 4 mongol stacks more have shown up, long battle ahead...

Welsh Cossack Member Czar Alexsandr's Avatar

I had this very same problem with Sicily, the distance to capital one, and it's quite a factor for a country that's fairly close to it even. Palmaro and Veinice seem fairly close locations. As a Catholic would you need to be Hungary to hold the Middle East firmly? Even then you'd have to invade Constantinople or Nicea or something closer I bet to really reduce thosse distance to capital penalties..

Yeah I've noticed the law buildings do help. It's about the best that can be done. But other than that courruption's kinda hard to fight.

"Hope is the last to die." Russian Proverb.

Roosdaal, being spared from cultural influence,a land where farmers still form the majority of the people.Oh yea,in Belgium.

Infectious, those cities you mentioned will give enough income for the moment... if you got the milanese cities and venice, cash should be flowing in in no time ;)
    -Verba mea aurea sunt

-Verba volant , scripta manent