Thread: corruption limit

Default corruption limit

What's the treasury limit above which characters are likely to get negative traits relating to corruption (sumptuosus, etc.)? As I recall it was around 50K in vanilla, and absurdly low in BI... It's pretty clear that the limit is less than 500K in EB, and probably less than 300K. With the EB economy and buiding costs, it's probably impossible for a major power to stay under the vanilla limit, so I hope it was raised somewhat.

Thanks, and my apologies if I missed documentation of this elsewhere!

Default Re: corruption limit

Search export_descr_character_traits for "Treasury".

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

I was thinking the very same question.

How do you search that file?

Err... Edit => Search, in any editor for text such as Notepad, Wordpad, Word, Ultraedit, Textpad, vi, emacs etc. At the very least you have either the two first or one of the two last.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Edit what and where? Where would you go to edit whatever it is you need to edit?

I’m sure it’s a lot easier to tell folks what the corruption limit for the Romans is rather than explain something to the computer illiterate.

Sorry, can't be bothered to look it up. You really should become computer literate enough to do this. In the top of Notepad, there are a couple of menu items, including File, Help, and yes, Edit.

================
    ================

EB II Romani Consul Suffectus Member Zaknafien's Avatar
    Somewhere inside the Military-Industrial Complex

and Ctrl-F is always nice.

"urbani, seruate uxores: moechum caluom adducimus. / aurum in Gallia effutuisti, hic sumpsisti mutuum." --Suetonius, Life of Caesar

Unless you're not using the English version of Windows.

================
    ================

Perhaps he has a more basic problem (like me sometimes)? As far as I know, export_descr_character_traits is a txt-file in the EB/Data folder. Just open it with an editor (writing programm like Word, or the Windows editor by double clicking), open the second from left command window in the command line above (beneath "File", don't know the English term), choose "Search" and type in the word "treasury" to find the right lines. Change what you want (beware of the spaces between the lines, rows and the letters) and save the file.
    Last edited by geala; 07-11-2007 at 13:11.
    The queen commands and we'll obey
    Over the Hills and far away.
    (perhaps from an English Traditional, about 1700 AD)

Drum, Kinder, seid lustig und allesamt bereit:
    Auf, Ansbach-Dragoner! Auf, Ansbach-Bayreuth!
    (later chorus -containing a wrong regimental name for the Bayreuth-Dragoner (DR Nr. 5) - of the "Hohenfriedberger Marsch", reminiscense of a battle in 1745 AD, to the music perhaps of an earlier cuirassier march)

McAds, or anyone else who is curious but doesn't want to look it up, as I recall there are thresholds at 50/100/150K. Comments indicate that at one point these were doubled, but have since reverted.

I believe doubling was correct; it's hard to see how a major civilized power can possibly remain below 150K (going below 300K would be a challenge, honestly). But I suppose it is plausible that a rich civilized power would have a lot of corrupt governors. Historical Rome certainly did!

Bovi, thanks for pointing me to the right file!

Are you talking about treasury there or gross income before expenditure there jhhowell?

Because all those armies are pretty efficient at soaking up money. Not to mention fleets.

I expect it's cash in your treasury at the end of the turn.