Thread: Mongols destroying cities?

Default Mongols destroying cities?

In my latest game I noticed when I took over cities from the Mongols that they were on a very low level. Then the Mongols sacked constantinople which was mine and when I recaptured it I noticed it was back to basics practically. It was not possible to repair building either. Is this destruction typical for Mongols?

Heavy Metal Warlord Member Von Nanega's Avatar

Default Re: Mongols destroying cities?

Yes, thats how the Mongols get rich so quickly.
    Cap badge of the Queens Royal Lancers

The Death or Glory Boys

kwait nait Member Monsieur Alphonse's Avatar

I conquered Kiev from the Mongols. It was well developed by the Russians and next by the Mongols. The only devastation was caused by my nasty assassins. For the Mongols was Kiev their new homeland.

I have never witnessed that complete devastation you describe. I have seen some buildings disappear like harbors etc. when cities were captured but never all the improvements.

If you can not repair a building it must have disappeared. I think this is some kind of bug.
    Tosa Inu

me 2. it was always I who attacked theyr little defended cities , destroy everything and escape.

ive had them do that before they get a home (when they take a non home city)

"Don't mind me, i happen the have the Insane trait....." -Me

In my Danish campaign I held all of the Holy Lands. I then ended up giving all of them to the Pope just before the Mongols appeared. Eventually the Mongols pushed the Pope out of the Lands and they did destroy all of the buildings in the captured cities.

Funny thing tho....when the Mongols appeared I still held Gaza. ( I cant give the Pope EVERYTHING ) I tried to gift Gaza and a bunch of cash and they refused. Now I dont know about everyone else but, I wouldnt turn down a relatively rich province..er region. (sorry Shogun: TW talking there) Especially if I am looking for a homeland to settle. I wonder if it is hard coded that the Mongols only take particular regions?

- Phog
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheogorath
    About as logical as a tree full of monkeys on LSD.

I'm a little worse for wear, but I'm wearin' it well.

When the Mongols arrive they usually capture some low level castles/towns in the far east part of the map and utterly destroy them. When they're done with that, they leave them as rebel cities and move on. I think it's part of the AI Mongol behavior to wreck anything useul and move on in search of more loot.

I hate the mongols! it took such a long time to build Bucharest from a village to a huge city with all the building and when the mmongols took the city they destroyed it and after I reconquerd it there was not even one building!

Quote Originally Posted by King Orko
    I hate the mongols! it took such a long time to build Bucharest from a village to a huge city with all the building and when the mmongols took the city they destroyed it and after I reconquerd it there was not even one building!
    The same happened both to Bagdad and Constantinople in my latest game.

I've had that happen, even after they settle down.

Harbinger of... saliva Member alpaca's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Furious Mental
    I've had that happen, even after they settle down.
    I think that feature is for Hordes only, the same as in BI.

I've got quite an interesting campaign going against the mongols now. Playing spain, and have taken over all of the middle east. Built huge armies, so now I match the mongols spear by spear, horse by horse. Going to be some epic battles ahead :D

If anyone want more info or the save game, check out my thread:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=88378
    "Screw you guys, I'm going home..."
    -Eric Cartman, Southpark

"I think that feature is for Hordes only, the same as in BI."

It isn't. Long after they settled down they took Iconium from me after a crusade and when I got it back everything had been destroyed.

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

I'm gonna play a campaign as the mongols, and conquer, loot and release everything... It'd be so much fun!

Pipr÷kande Nňjd Member Bulawayo's Avatar

Default Sv: Mongols destroying cities?

I noticed a long time ago that if you conquer a city and then make the third choice (not capturing nor sacking, just forgot the word now) you will have basically all buildings downgraded one step, of those that can be destroyed I think. Even guilds will be downgraded. If the building is of the first degree it will simply disappear.

That is the reason for me always sacking when I conquer a city. I don't want to lose any buildings at all.

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

Default Re: Sv: Mongols destroying cities?

For my part, in my last Hungarian campaign (1.1 H/H), Mongols appeared in Turkish territory and took Tbilissi and yerevan turning them rebel and not getting a fotthold but neither did they seem to utterly destroy the towns/castles as you described...
    Those cities just turned rebel (a great opportunity as it was the path of my own expansion and the Turks were my allies... gniark, gniark )
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks