Thread: Yet another noob emerges

Default Yet another noob emerges

Well hello, I thought I'd make my first post here (that box on top of the screen works pretty hypnotizing, now doesn't it? ).

I've found these forums through google, in search of some mods vor M2TW, and this seems like an ok place to check out every once in a while...
    Normally I'm more into FPS (I really don't like those "clickfest" strategy games ), but this changed when I bought MTW1 about a year ago: "hey, I like the image on the box, and it's only 3 euros, it's no big waste if I don't like it"
    I fell in love with the game, and thus I simply HAD to buy M2TW!

I've been able to amuse myself with the vanilla version for some time now (though I haven't come round to gaming all that much, it's been a busy couple of months lately...), but I'd like to try out some mods now, and as I stated before: It's this that has lead me to these forums.

Maybe a few things on myself:
    I'm from Belgium (certain errors in my English probably already exposed me as a foreigner ), I live in a town called Genk (somewhere south-east of Antwerp) though I only just recently moved here with my g/f...
    I'm Flemmish, which basicly means I'm a Belgian whose native language isn't French, but Dutch (though it's very different from the Dutch spoken in the Netherlands ).
    The "weirdest" thing about me would probably be that I'm a passionate baseballplayer, which can be frustrating when you live in a part of the world where 90% of people have no idea this game even exists
    <~> another brick in the wall...but walls are strong! <~>

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

Default Re: Yet another noob emerges

Welcome to the org venex
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Hello welcome to the Org.

As of right now I don't think M2 has many mods out the only one I can think of is Lands to Conquer, which is really fun for me. If you search around you'll probably find some others hidden away that I haven't found.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Wandering Fool Senior Member bamff's Avatar

Welcome to the Org, Venex!

Always great to see new members on the boards!

Post Re: Yet another noob emerges

Welcome Venex!
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Van harte welkom venex

Na een tijdje zal je merken dat er hier nogal wat Nederlandstaligen rondlopen. De meeste zijn Hollanders die ervan houden om eens flink te worden uitgelachen door hun superieure zuiderburen

Have fun!

Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

hehe, ja ik heb bij het verder lezen van dit forum wel al gemerkt dat er toch meer Nederlandstaligen zijn dan ik verwacht had ^ ^
    In tavern-frontroom-nationalitiy topic is BE+NL na de Engelsen het best vertegenwoordigd denk ik

Maar ik heb de Noorderburen best wel graag, 'tis alleen spijtig dat ze bier en afwaswater niet zo goed van mekaar weten te onderscheiden

@ Ichigo:
    As a matter of fact I think I've already found some mods I like. Lands To Conquer is definately on my list, along with Stainless Steel. I would also like to find Medieval Classic somewhere (though I'm not sure if it is in fact finished or updated or whatever :/ ), if it really succeeds in bringing the atmosphere of MTW1 to M2TW it could be fun, since I did like the "darker" feel of the first game better...

I also heard there's a mod that replaces the Flemmish rebel faction by a playable faction, an well...I sort of feel ethnically obliged to give that one a try

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Welcome, venex. Good to see another Belgian here; Andres can always use the extra company.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Welcome to the Org, Venex.
    It's better to do and die, than die and don't

Quote Originally Posted by Martok
    Welcome, venex. Good to see another Belgian here; Andres can always use the extra company.
    Don't you dare to convert the Belgian padawan to Cameldom
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Welcome to the Org!
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Quote Originally Posted by venex
    Maar ik heb de Noorderburen best wel graag, 'tis alleen spijtig dat ze bier en afwaswater niet zo goed van mekaar weten te onderscheiden
    Dan ben ik één van de "weinige Nederlanders" die het bier slecht vindt. Niet dat Belgisch bier altijd zo goed is. Nee: geef mij liever in het algemeen stout bier. Extra stout, maakt niet uit welk merk, als het maar goed bier is.

Welkom, venex, en dat je verblijf lang mag zijn.
    Emotion, passions, and desires are, thus peace is not.
    Emotion: you have it or it has you.

---

Pay heed to my story named The Thief in the Mead Hall.
    No.

---

Check out some of my music.

(I'll start writing in English again)

Well I have to agree with you Bijo, we do have some pretty crappy beers (Stella, Cristal, Primus ), but hey: we make AL LOT of beer, not all of them can be as magnifficent as Hoegaarden, West-Vleteren, etc.
    can they?
    And I'm still saying that Brand, Grolsh or Heineken aren't any competition for the average Belgian beer
    Though I do kinda like Grolsh' Herfstbok...
    BTW: Heineken truly most be one of the most overrated things in the world ^ ^

But yeah, I like stout better too.
    So at the end of the day: Guinness FTW!

True regarding Heineken. It is rubbish. That's what I call piss water.
    Emotion, passions, and desires are, thus peace is not.
    Emotion: you have it or it has you.

---

Pay heed to my story named The Thief in the Mead Hall.
    No.

---

Check out some of my music.

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Quote Originally Posted by Andres
    Don't you dare to convert the Belgian padawan to Cameldom
    Who, me? I'm shocked -- shocked, I say -- that you would ever conceive I might do such a thing! [looks innocent]
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Welcome!

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

agitated Member master of the puppets's Avatar
    where destruction lay around me from a fight i could not win

Talking Re: Yet another noob emerges

yes welcome, please drop into the tavern every so often, it's great to have fresh meat to rip on in the backroom
    A nation of sheep will beget a a government of wolves. Edward R. Murrow

Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness. —1 John 2:9

Well, it looks like it might be a while before I'm actually allowed to post in the tavern

Venex walkom ik ben zelf uit vlaanderen, West-Vlaanderen om precies te zijn

If you din't have found a mod you should try sicilian vespers it's a very great mod who also add's new factions if you want I can give you their link they're at TWCenter

Karo
    "I should like to see any power of the world destroy this race, this small tribe of unimportant people, whose history is ended, whose wars have been fought and lost, whose structures have crumbled, whose literature is unread, whose prayers are no longer answered.... For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia!

William Saroyan, 1935.

High kings of the Mountains: A Hayasdan AAR

Well, it looks like it might be a while before I'm actually allowed to post in the tavern
    Normally it takes 3 or 4 weeks and posting on a more or less regular basis to be promoted to member.

In the meanwhile, you can post everywhere with the exception of the miscealleanous part of the forums.

Ja mata, TosaInu

Welcome to the .org venex!

Quote Originally Posted by Karo
    Venex walkom ik ben zelf uit vlaanderen, West-Vlaanderen om precies te zijn

If you din't have found a mod you should try sicilian vespers it's a very great mod who also add's new factions if you want I can give you their link they're at TWCenter

Karo
    lol, waar in West-Vlaanderen? Ik moet 1 van de enigste Limbrugers zijn die het West-Vlaams vlot kan meevolgen ('k heb van zijn leven nog een klein jaar in Zedelgem gezeten)

Well, if you say sicilian vespers is good, I guess I'll give it a try. I know TWCenter, but I haven't paid any attention to that mod yet...I've only tried Stainless Steel so far, but I should be having some more time this week (or at least more time AND more "goesting" ) so I guess I'll come round to it pretty soon. I'm actually glad that it's weekend now, one week of babysitting a bunch of overenthousiastic children would actually be the one thing that's even more exhausting than a regular work-week

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

Welcome, Venex....

(certain errors in my English probably already exposed me as a foreigner )
    Uh, no, you write quite fine English

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ... it was the "3 euros" that gave you away

Mmmmm, Hoegaarden - you're making me thirsty

Enjoy your stay @ the Org, and don't forget to try some of the excellent mods available for MTW1, as well...
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

lol, waar in West-Vlaanderen? Ik moet 1 van de enigste Limbrugers zijn die het West-Vlaams vlot kan meevolgen ('k heb van zijn leven nog een klein jaar in Zedelgem gezeten)

Well, if you say sicilian vespers is good, I guess I'll give it a try. I know TWCenter, but I haven't paid any attention to that mod yet...I've only tried Stainless Steel so far, but I should be having some more time this week (or at least more time AND more "goesting" ) so I guess I'll come round to it pretty soon. I'm actually glad that it's weekend now, one week of babysitting a bunch of overenthousiastic children would actually be the one thing that's even more exhausting than a regular work-week
    k woon in kortrijk en als je tijd hebt moet je echt sicilian vespers echt uitproberen ze werken met verschillende eras, en het is goed om iemand te zien da west-vlaams kan verstaan kinderen kunnen uitputtend zijn vooral als er 1 maar dan is en ze ook nog jong zijn
    Last edited by Karo; 06-30-2007 at 16:45.
    "I should like to see any power of the world destroy this race, this small tribe of unimportant people, whose history is ended, whose wars have been fought and lost, whose structures have crumbled, whose literature is unread, whose prayers are no longer answered.... For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia!

William Saroyan, 1935.

High kings of the Mountains: A Hayasdan AAR

Welcome Venex.

I always wanted to visit Belgium and the Netherlands...maybe someday.

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Thanks for the thoughtful introduction venex; welcome to the org
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.