Thread: Library, Academy, and the Trait Influence Therein

Default Library, Academy, and the Trait Influence Therein

I was browsing through the traits text file and I noticed something interesting regarding the size of the educational facility that you provide. They each affect different trait types.

For the sake of brevity I will focus only on command traits: A smaller educational facility will affect "tactician" traits, while a larger one will affect "strategy" traits. I, as I am sure many do, tend to send my young men to Rome for schooling for four years in order to ensure some quality traits and retinue. Based on this discovery in the traits file, it would make more sense to offer two years at a settlement with a small school, two years at one with a larger school, and yet another two years at a third and larger school. This will ensure that the young man will attain the diversity of training to garner a wider array of traits and retinue.

Any comments?
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    The Backroom is the Crackroom.

Default Re: Library, Academy, and the Trait Influence Therein

I've also noticed that certain academies seem to focus more on retinue, and very little on traits. Athens has always been a prime example of this, for me, as Makedonia, or Koinon Helleon.

I eagerly await EB's word on this, because it sounds like very interesting possibilities could arise

This place called 'rooms,' there's a whole chain of them.

I didn't even know that schools could affect traits, I thought they just gave retinue. How long do you have to train there to gain traits typically?
    Colder than a gut-shot bitch wolf dog with nine suckin' pups pulling a #4 trap up a hill in the dead of winter in the middle of a snowstorm with a mouth full of porcupine quills.

My videos

There is a base "chance" of obtaining a specific type of trait for every turn that a character spends in a settlement with full movement points. Depending on the structures in a settlement, a character may be influenced.

A simple example of this is the alcohol traits that generals recieve in settlements with taverns (like in Vanilla).
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    The Backroom is the Crackroom.

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: Library, Academy, and the Trait Influence Therein

Haha... In Vanilla all my Generals were drunkards of the worst kind... Cheerio!
    Last edited by Centurio Nixalsverdrus; 07-09-2007 at 00:49.