Thread: noob question

Default noob question

I am trying to mod the game in a minor way: allow recruitment of generals at the mayor's palace. However I can't find the necessary documents: export_descr_unit.txt and export_descr_buildings.txt. I've searched all over the m2tw folder but haven't found them. Is there some trick?

Default Re: noob question

Not to impose on your thread, but I also can't find the export_descr_character_traits file either, along with the two you mentioned. I tried a file search on my drive but it didn't turn up that way either.
    I'm playing 1.1, if that matters.

Could one of the masters descend from their high horse to help two wretched peasants, please?
    James the First, King of uh...uh...

grovel...grovel...

There's a pack with those files in the downloads section, it's the data files. However, I think that these files are from 1.0, so you gotta make sure that it didn't change in 1.1 or 1.2. I have 1.2, for example, and I can't use export_descr_character_traits.txt to add traits because the 1.2 version is larger than the 1.0 I got on this site, so stuff has been added. Sure, I could simply edit the 1.2 version of the .txt, but that would mean I would also have to edit the corresponding strings.bin in the text folder, and neither the converter nor the editor work on my PC. I could email the three files you wanted to you, if you want, but I got the 1.0 and the 1.2 versions...
    I need scissors! 61!!

copy this and add this into your edb under the mayors palace or something you like. i show you the line for EN but it works on all of them.

recruit_pool "NE Late Bodyguard" 1 0.1 1 0 requires factions { hre...., }

you can recruit reg bodyguards, late for all factions, just copy past the ownership line from edu where I have hre...... you can also change teh .01 1 to higher values if you wish to recruit more of them

you can also recruit dismount bodyguards in the same way only for EN but you have to edit out the line in the edu that says Generals unit

type Dismounted NE Bodyguard
    dictionary Dismounted_NE_Bodyguard ; Bodyguard
    category infantry
    class heavy
    voice_type Heavy
    banner faction main_infantry
    banner holy crusade
    soldier Dismounted_NE_Late_Bodyguard, 16, 0, 1.2
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, very_hardy, can_withdraw, general_unit, no_custom
    Last edited by dietre; 07-11-2007 at 08:27.