Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live Earth - Worldwide Concerts

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Default Live Earth - Worldwide Concerts

http://www.liveearth.org/

Many of the world's artists and bands are getting together at various venues around the world to play 24 hours worth of music! They have an awesome line-up (Which can be seen by clicking on the venues). This starts in 3 and a half hours.

Should be awesome
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Default Re: Live Earth - Worldwide Concerts

Floyd?
    Unto each good man a good dog

I don't think so.
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

The Police

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beirut
    Floyd?
    Just Roger.

But he's in North America.

-edit- By the way, any North Americans know what (if any) TV stations are covering the thing? I really don't want to have to listen online but also don't want a repeat of MTV's Who/Floyd fiasco of two years ago.
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 07-06-2007 at 23:40.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Last edited by CountArach; 07-07-2007 at 00:24.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Skynyrd?
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks CA.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South
    Skynyrd?
    No, unfortunately

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

No Floyd = no point watching as I find Modern artists rubbish.

Haha, the only things I would watch would be The John Butler Trio, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Roger Waters. The rest of the line up is horrible.
    Last edited by naut; 07-07-2007 at 04:46.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

I just have it in the background playing now. not bad stuff actually. Ghostwriters. Never heard of them before now, but I don't mind them.

Its today?
    #Hillary4prism

Clan Silent Assassins Member Faust|'s Avatar

Wow, the Black Eyed Peas were bad. The artist interviews are embarassing also, they should just shut up and sing.

Hellpuppy unleashed Member Subedei's Avatar

Yeah, some Jan Delay.... Well, he´s a German allround artist {Hip Hop, Funk and some Reggae], and one of my favourits.
    “Some may never live, but the crazy never die” (Hunter S. Thompson)

This place called Mars... do you know of it?

Wolf Mother and Linkin Park killed imo and Crowded House were awesome and their crowd was too. Riahana was actually really good live as I know that many who sing in here genre suck when they go live. Right now Im just waiting for the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Metallica to go live.
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."

All us men suffer in equal parts, it's our lot in life, and no man goes without a broken heart or a lost love. Like holding your dog as he takes his last breath and dies in your arms, it's a rite of passage. Unavoidable. And honestly, I can't imagine life without that depth of feeling.-Bierut

Wow, Linkin Park is playing a great concert right now.

And lol Rythmic, yes.

I've seen little real great live gigs. Many simply sucked (atleast from the ones I saw)

Blog Entries

Yeah, right now I'm waiting for the last four US acts (Bon Jovi, Smashing Pumpkins, Roger Waters, Police) to save things.

I dunno, I've quite enjoyed parts of this. Razorlight was good, I listened to them because nothing else was on. Snow Patrol was alright and I enjoyed Ghostwriters when they were on (They are playing now actually). But yeah, I think the American acts should be good.

Linkin Park = disgusting.
    #Hillary4prism

Blog Entries

I can't complain on my end. The TV coverage was adequate, Roger was excellent as always, Bon Jovi and the Pumpkins put on a good show, and the Police were awesome until Kanye West came out and ruined "Message in a Bottle".

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief
    I can't complain on my end. The TV coverage was adequate, Roger was excellent as always, Bon Jovi and the Pumpkins put on a good show, and the Police were awesome until Kanye West came out and ruined "Message in a Bottle".
    Don't you hate it when they try stuff like that!?

I missed most of it during the evening here in the US but was lucky enough to see Red Hot Chili Peppers and Metallica live, that was AWESOME!!! Chili Peppers killed and Metallica didn't disappoint. Nano-Tech from Antartica was actually kind good and fun to watch(albeit a little too close to the edge from an icy death).

And man The Police killed even with Jon Meyer until West came on and that put a downer on the show but still it was awesome and I couldn't believe that it's over (just saw it).
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."

All us men suffer in equal parts, it's our lot in life, and no man goes without a broken heart or a lost love. Like holding your dog as he takes his last breath and dies in your arms, it's a rite of passage. Unavoidable. And honestly, I can't imagine life without that depth of feeling.-Bierut

I found Crowded House, Metallica and Foo Fighters to be excellent. Also Keane, James Blunt and Snow Patrol put on a good show. Shame that I missed the Police though.
    Friendship, Fun & Honour!

"The Prussian army always attacks."
    -Frederick the Great

Quote Originally Posted by AggonyDuck
    I found Crowded House, Metallica and Foo Fighters to be excellent. Also Keane, James Blunt and Snow Patrol put on a good show. Shame that I missed the Police though.
    Not at all, you can watch the whole NY showing and all the others here on MSN.
    But when you try and click on another showing like the UK or Australia it quits to desktop(at least for me) so you can bookmark it or something. Hope this works:
    http://liveearth.msn.com/artists
    well the first one dissapeared so here's the list of artists and just click on one and then the concert they were at and enjoy

BTW, even though Floyd wasn't there, Roger Waters was and put on a good performance.
    Last edited by Decker; 07-08-2007 at 22:50.

Thanks! Will have to check them out then.

-Frederick the Great

Just saw some summary (well watching the last part as I type) and I have to say that the only real good performances were Foo Fighters, The Police and Crowded House. Sure no-one can be Queen, but there were some real bad performances (KT Tunstall anyone?).

I also like the hypocracy of this event. Yeah we should use less energy ... DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH ENERGY THOSE CONCERTS COST?

My Internet got capped at Dial-up speed, so I couldn't watch it! :(

Quote Originally Posted by Stig
    I also like the hypocracy of this event. Yeah we should use less energy ... DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH ENERGY THOSE CONCERTS COST?
    But that said think about the energy saved in return if everyone who watched would follow their little energy saving tips, which they certainly bombarded the viewers with, much to my chagrin atleast.

-Frederick the Great

Quote Originally Posted by Stig
    Lol yeah.

I wonder how much energy would have been saved if everyone had turned off their TVs and Computers at the power points and not watched.

Quote Originally Posted by Decker
    http://liveearth.msn.com/artists
    Unbearably laggy.
    Last edited by naut; 07-09-2007 at 02:03.
    #Hillary4prism

Sorry about that Rythmic.

Actually, they used used materials to make the stages and also those florescent light bulbs for all the lights. The wood were all being reused and tbh, it wasn't very hypocritical of anything. Seriously, they must have said that 80 times during the whole thing lol. I think it was impressive the amount of effort put into the whole thing.

Plus, it seems that what ever these people do to try and get the word out about reducing emissions, all of their little misgivings are "blown up". It's kinda like being a Christian, you swear, look at naughty pics of chicks every now and again, listen to Rock N' Roll, watch rated R movies, and all of these are pointed out and "blown up." The concerts showed that even when they are saving more energy and materials in the production of this event, they are still as good as the real deal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast