Thread: 7.04 preview

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 7.04 preview

Well people, i know many of you here like this mod for his unique features and his nice picture of late antiquity.
    But I will like to remember that this mod is a "work in progress". We don't even release something without thinking on how to improve it. This mod has been praised sometime for historical accuracy, but in some thing is not very accurate. We know it; but we mantained certain features for the sake of the gaming fun. To depict historical reality in this game is more or less impossible because of his very nature: is a game.
    Games, not like history, have a fancy capability: they could be updated.

In few days I've made a little series of internal addon that will be the base for the 7.04 version; since Ramon is already working on major changes here and there, i think the next version could be directly a 7.1.

They mainly includes new buildings and reshaping of some actual one. Later, i hope for 7.1, hun/nomad building tree will be completely revised, as the nomad culture cannot really "build" things in steppe settlements. they would not be nomads, otherwise. On the other hand, barbarians get romanized: but when they get a roman city they could "upgrade the buildings", that become a sort of barbarian-like building in a roman town. Horrendous - graphically - and unhistorical. As they could, the so-called "barbarians" try to imitate the romans and to learn things from them, however with few results. From 5th-6th century onward until carolingian period, the arts and architecture become heavy, gross and rough, following a precedent roman process of "barbarization" of their imperial style. It was the romano-barbaric style. We hopefully will try to create this style for the next preview.

but now, some fact:

-----------------------

-----------------------

a NEW religion added: Manichaeism

- added trait Manichaeist
    - updated ALL religious trait triggers to include Manichaeists and Jews

-----------------------
    - ALL roman cities have at a minimum level of roads highways.
    - removed a silly bug - for Imperium Constantini highways and stone walls had eastern UI, now they have a proper one.
    - add a jew minority in Esfahan - they settled here by order of Yazdegerd.
    - Yazdegerd I, Shahanshah of sassanid empire, is now (historically) married with Shushandokt
    - changed the name of Salamis in Constantia;
    - changed the name of Rome in Roma;
    - changed the name of Mosul in Nineveh;
    - changed the name of Ctesiphon in Seleukia-Ctesiphon;
    - changed the name of Constantinople in Constantinopolis;
    - changed the name of Esfahan in Spahān
    - changed the name of Nishapur in Nīshāpūr
    - changed the name of Kerman in Kermān
    ------------------------

- 9 NEW building: roman HD (historical descriptions) for: Roma, Mediolanum, Ravenna, Constantinopolis, Arelate, Alexandria, Hierosolyma, Antiochia, Carthago.
    - 9 NEW building: eastern HD (historical descriptions) for: Seleukeia-Ctesiphon, Istakhr, Merv, Baktra, Nineveh, Susa, Artaxarta, Petra, Palmyra
    - Eastern "despotic law" substituted with "chuwgan field". Now sassies don't kill but play polo :D.

------------------------

.... other lesser things....

------------ COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ARE WARMLY WELCOMED --------------
    Last edited by Mylae; 07-08-2007 at 21:59.

Team Member
    Invasio Barbarorum modder

Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.

Default Re: 7.04 preview

Sounds nice!
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

Sounds fantastic, I can't wait for it to come out!

I love that you're adding Manichaeism into the game. The religious struggles are one of the most interesting parts of the late empire and should be a big part of the game. My suggestion would be to create "hidden" religious traits. For instance, a character might be openly christian, but have a hidden trait of being a pagan that might come out later in the game. I think this would create an interesting dynamic and add to the religious tension. I would also slow down the conversion rates for religious buildings to demonstrate the difficulty of converting a population

we have inserted into traits the possibility of a conversion - with all the related issues. but at the same time if a charachter is pagan, jew or manichaeist, have ain increased probability to convert to christianity.

p.s.: i agree with you about the conversion rates, in next version they will be diminished.

Team Member

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Mylae, this is a bit off topic but I did not want to dilute your sticky - I really like your guide to a historical Roman army! It is an excellent resource, just what is needed when playing such a rich historical mod as this.

I'm downloading 7.03 now - I had crashes as WRE with an earlier version of the mod, but I saw enough to know it looked very promising. I've played a lot of Goth's mod, which shares some unit skins but the WRE economy is rather over the top in that mod so I am hoping this one will provide more of a challenge.

thanks, but the guide is not mine, i've just posted it here.

Hope you are enjoying the game: we are currently working for the new version (7.01, that will incorporate automatically the internal 7.04).

you are invited to express ideas/suggestions and to spot eventual bugs.

Team Member

Civis Romanus Member Senatus Populusque Romanus's Avatar

I want to play this mod if it is a stable mod
    Dignitas, maiestas, auctoritas, libertas, exercitus, imperium, iudicia, honores, consules, voluntas populi Romani
    Dignity, majesty, authority, freedom, the army, rule, judgements, offices, consuls and will of the Roman People

The Age of Romans : A Romani VIDEO AAR Series

The EB Documentary Theater

Quote Originally Posted by Commilitone
    I want to play this mod if it is a stable mod
    some ppl have had no problems (except the occasional Hunnic horde or Germans at their doorsteps) while others have had loads of problems. I believe it is a hardware issue (we have noticed a lot of reports from ppl runnin ATI cards). I suggest u try 7.03 w/out scripts, and everything as installed.

if u want to check out how the game is, feel free to browse the ff AARs in TWC

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=114950
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

Why is Imperium Juliarorum part of this, then it has it's own sticky on this same page?
    Eras Total Conquest, your Eras TW for Kingdoms.

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

looking forward to the 7.1/ 7.04 (whichever comes first)
    when might it come out? and is it save game compatible?

hope they don't forget what I said about the Lakhmids
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

oh one other thing: do I have to install 7.03 before 7.04? or are they seperate?
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg