Thread: Saka reformed units

Incorruptible Forest Manager Member Tristuskhan's Avatar

Default Saka reformed units

I have been looking for a thread on requirements for Saka reformed units but found nothing. My horse for access to real infantery !

Could someone help me please?
    "Les Cons ça ose tout, c'est même à ça qu'on les reconnait"

Kentoc'h Mervel Eget Bezañ Saotret - Death feels better than stain, motto of the Breton People. Emgann!

Default Re: Saka reformed units

It's in the FAQ thread.

Off of memory, you need to hold Bactria or one of it's nearby provinces for 4 'consecutive winters'.

Oh, sorry my question was so vague, and thanks for the quick response!
    I had the reforms, but I wonder what to build to be able to train greek style units. Are they Saka units or local units?
    I have a spreadsheet but it's for EB 0.74 and no Saka (only Yuezhis)
    Last edited by Tristuskhan; 07-07-2007 at 23:19.

Kentoc'h Mervel Eget Bezañ Saotret - Death feels better than stain, motto of the Breton People. Emgann!

Well, going off of a guess, i'd say they're Saka units.

Afterall, they're 'reforms', just like other factions get. You just need to build a new level of barracks to access them.

Actually I believe the Saka reform units are local, oddly. Yu'd have to check the end of Arkatreide's Unit Card Project thread that is stickied to find where he posted recruitments and such.
    Balloons:
    From gamegeek2 for my awesome AI expansion -
    From machinor for 'splainin -

That seem's odd, but I generally don't play steppe factions, so what do I know?

Prodder of Stuff Member Musopticon?'s Avatar

Well, considering that the Philhellenic units you get just simulates the Saka-Rauka gaining enough control of the local infrastructure that the Hellenic landowners give them access to their training facilities, military knowledge and metallurgy, the new units are locals. Local Greeks, that is. But instead of the levying whatever Baktrian haypushers you can get your hands on and giving them rudimentary weapons and training("No, no no, first throw javelins, THEN run"), you get the elite.
    Last edited by Musopticon?; 07-08-2007 at 15:58.

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Smile Re: Saka reformed units

Quote Originally Posted by LordCurlyton
    Actually I believe the Saka reform units are local, oddly. Yu'd have to check the end of Arkatreide's Unit Card Project thread that is stickied to find where he posted recruitments and such.

What do you mean, local? Using regional mics?
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

I guess so.

You must hold Baktra, Marakanda, Alexandreia Eschate, Antiocheia Margiane, Alexandria Ariana or Taksashila for 4 consecutive winters.

On them you must build an allied government.

here is the FAQ
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97258

You like EB? Buy CA games.

Well, I've been playing a bit more and was quite unsuccessful gaining access to new units (only Sampol infantery in Bactra, that's a pity....). I took Antiochia-Ariana recently, built "indigenous settlements" but am unable to upgrade to "allied government". Maybe I must wait for the famous "four winters", I don't know... The only place (out of ten provinces) where I was able to build allied government is Kophen, and there seems to be no local unit available.

Yeah, you 'kinda need to wait for the 'famous four winters', because that's what the FAQ (And I) said in the first place.