Thread: Temples of Mars

Default Temples of Mars

Quick question about the Temples of Mars. Given that they add a morale boost to troops raised in those cities is this morale bonus a hidden stat?

In RTW an experiance boost was shown in the chevrons and it appears to be the case for the likes of the Sweboz and temples of Touatis?

Is thier a link that shows what other hidden goodies you can get from Roman temples.
    "Tell them I said something......"
    Pancho Villa
    Completed; Rome AD14!

Default Re: Temples of Mars

I don't think it's any 'hidden goodies'

The EB team just has a stance on unrealistic temple upgrades, and you aren't going suddenly be any happier about fighting if you were trained in a province that happened to have a temple of Mars in it.

Actually most factions have temples that give either morale or experience bonuses, amongst other things. The funniest thing is the Saka shrine which gives +21 to morale (...it's a bug and will be fixed, so don't worry about it).

Anyway, morale is a "hidden" stat, in the sense that it doesn't appear in the description part. You can see the morale of units in these cards. Some temples just give a slight boost to it.

Hmm, well I had gone off of hearing an EB member in a thread, but I guess i'm wrong

As for that Saka temple, does it actually give +21 morale right now, or is just a typo in the description?

You can't see morale bonuses, unfortunately. So in that sense it is 'hidden'.

I'm glad you're wrong Ravenic. I took down the Temple of Jupiter in Rome and built Martial buildings for this very reason. After all, there's already a temple to Jupiter Greatest and Best there.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

I thought it was a Pontic temple that gave a 21 bonus. And when 081av2 was being compiled I said that that should be fixed. I guess it wasn't...

It is gone already in our internal version now. That high bonus. I think I submitted the fix a while back.

I must admit I never noticed the +21 morale bonus when playing as either Parthia or Bactria. Noticed it as Saka though.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Oh, wait.
    "Saka Rauka" = "pontus"
    That's why Pontus stuck in my head with this bug...