Thread: Playing as Ronin in Sengoku Jidai Campaign (.conan.)

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

Default Playing as Ronin in Sengoku Jidai Campaign (.conan.)

This week I have been playing a few games as the ronin faction using the .conan. "cheat" code. I was wondering--does this mode reduce your koku income, in and of itself? I look at my income statement tab, and it shows my agricultural, trade, and alliance incomes, but the actual amount received on an average harvest is considerably less. Of course, I am considering my expenses--the income received is still a lot less. The only thing I can reason out is that the mode reduces your income. Hence the "conan" reference? Can anybody verify this?

The AI clans also seem to develop a lot faster, with large numbers of higher quality troops rather early in the game. Is this also a .conan. feature?

I am playing MI edition, 1.02 stat.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Default Re: Playing as Ronin in Sengoku Jidai Campaign (.conan.)

Highly intresting. I never expierenced any of this, only tried Playing the rebels in other 'starting periods'. I never pay close attention to my money anyway () it's usually more then enough.

I noticed some other stuff though.. at least, I think so.

Shinobi's seem more effective. It seemed very easy to cause revolt. Not very sure about it though, could be that I never used them well enough with normal factions.

Samurai Archers seem more effective...!! A lot! I was attacking the oda in owari I believe, and my archers shot up one unit after another. To the last man, I shot their entire army. I've done this before in normal campaign mode but that was with loads of archers against a few ashigaru's... but this battle was fair in numbers.. I was suprised of how every volley of 1 unit seemed to kill 10 enemies or so. Weird.
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -