Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Donation request

Default Donation request

Fellow EBers!

EB is free to download and use, and will stay that way. However, keeping our servers and bandwidth up is not free, and we are downgrading them now in order to reduce this cost. We ask you to consider supporting EB with a small donation for this purpose (Paypal charges $0.30 per transaction in some cases, plus a percentage, so please make the donation bigger than this ). You can do so through our website at https://www.europabarbarorum.org, the button is in the lower right corner.

Note that we are not trying to make a profit, nor will we accept money for any other purpose than these running costs. All donations will strictly be used for this server/bandwidth maintenance, and the donation button will be disabled when the costs are covered. See the Disclaimer for more information on this policy.

Edit by Kull: Fixed URL links
    Last edited by Kull; 07-19-2007 at 05:34.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Default Re: Donation request

Bah! No money left. I used the last on the pub and on a pair of jeans. I destroyed my last good pair at the pub while dancing. Erhm..

I dont have a mastercard or a visa anyway. How does Paypal works? Do I need a visa or a mastercard for it to work?

Have you considered a contest or some sort of game where, depending on the level of donations, new content is displayed, information provided, etc...

What about giving recognition to people who have made contributions and significant contributions?

Maybe a thread with a list of names, etc...? Just a thought.

Paypal is a debit payment service. In contrast to credit payment where you first buy stuff and pay later, here you add money to your account and then pay. You can add money to your account by mastercard/visa, certainly, but also by single payments from your bank, so you do not have to give paypal your credit card information and do not require having it either. I believe Paypal restricts accounts without credit card information registered to 1000$ worth though, but that's irrelevant for this.

Note that Paypal works in dollars or euro, I think conversion rates apply to those with other currencies.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aristophanes
    Have you considered a contest or some sort of game where, depending on the level of donations, new content is displayed, information provided, etc...

What about giving recognition to people who have made contributions and significant contributions?

I second this thing, with the name list.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Wow, I just checked the progress chart and think I'd better hurry if I'm going to donate. You posted the request not quite 7 hours ago and are already more than 80% to your goal. Do you guys feel the love yet?
    "Let us wrestle with the ineffable and see if we may not, in fact, eff it after all." -Dirk Gently, character of the late great Douglas Adams.

Hehe. That amount is over the last two years. Most of that (roughly 90% is from a handful of EB members). We need some help with the most current quarter's server costs, which are a part of that total, but we definitely don't have those sort of costs every quarter. Sorry if that was confusing to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristophanes

This is a good idea and im sure you will always reach your goal

Smile Re: Donation request

I'm extremely pleased with EB - it's the best mod by a mile.
    Happy to help with the costs. :)

Thanks, man. We appreciate it greatly.

Because I love so much to play EB, I decided to make my thanks to you via a donation. Thanks for this wonderful mod guys, hope that your target fee is reached.

Cheers.

Just donated! Keep up the great work on making my RTW experience as wonderful and fun as possible.
    Help make developers understand the importance of game AI and earn credits as a Game Designer. The Restaurant Game Project

Thumbs up Re: Donation request

Been playing EB for over a year now and its by far the best.. happy to help

Thanks guys! I hope you'll stick around and enjoy both the eb mod and the forums here as well!
    "The mere statement of fact, though it may excite our interest, is of no benefit to us, but when the knowledge of the cause is added, then the study of history becomes fruitful." -Polybios

do you guys have any lines of comunication open with CA? i was under the impression that they were big fans of alot of the modding community and (imo) yours is probably the most impressive out there. i would have thought they might be willing to contribute something to your running costs. you do essentially provide a great advert for their company.

Can you put here the link for donations, please?
    I think the europabarbarorum.com is down:

EB Token Radical Member QwertyMIDX's Avatar

We changed domain names actually. https://www.europabarbarorum.org/
    History is for the future not the past. The dead don't read.

Operam et vitam do Europae Barbarorum.

History does not repeat itself. The historians repeat one another. - Max Beerbohm

brblblbrrbr

I tried to get at the link but I got this reply: This Account Has Been Suspended

and now?

Whatever EB does, please, please, do not keep your money in a paypal account. It is not a registered bank, they can freeze your account at will, and you will never see that money again. I've known way too many people personally, and read about many more, who've had this happen to them.

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tribunus militaris
    brblblbrrbr

I tried to get at the link but I got this reply: This Account Has Been Suspended

and now?
    Just a bad link - it should work fine now. Thanks.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

I'll donate 30. Because I saw your orginal website id has been suspended. Now you are at europabarorum.org which might and probably is cheaper, I guess.
    Eras Total Conquest, your Eras TW for Kingdoms.

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: Re: Donation request

Quote Originally Posted by Wladyslaw IV
    Because I saw your orginal website id has been suspended. Now you are at europabarorum.org which might and probably is cheaper, I guess.
    Is it permanent or only a temporary change?

Default Re: AW: Re: Donation request

We did switch to a cheaper host, so it will save some money for us, but the europabarbarorum.com url is just temporarily not working. Everything should be back up again in a few days but for now all the files are up on the .org version of the same.

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: Donation request

Ah, OK. I would donate but I'm a poor student who had to pay €650,- to my university last week, plus I'm afraid of Paypal.

Handler of candles Member Xehh II's Avatar

Is paypal the only way to donate?
    A ha ha! Rainbows and unicorns! Rainbows and unicorns!

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou
    We did switch to a cheaper host, so it will save some money for us, but the europabarbarorum.com url is just temporarily not working. Everything should be back up again in a few days but for now all the files are up on the .org version of the same.
    have you considered asking ca?

Quote Originally Posted by KARTLOS
    have you considered asking ca?
    That's an interesting point, certainly from the perspective that CA benefit from the mods IMO, in that they increase both appeal and interest in their games, and thus sales, one would presume.

But when it comes to the big guys parting with the dosh, well that's perphaps a different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Digby Tatham Warter
    That's an interesting point, certainly from the perspective that CA benefit from the mods IMO, in that they increase both appeal and interest in their games, and thus sales, one would presume.

But when it comes to the big guys parting with the dosh, well that's perphaps a different matter.
    well it could be considered a form of marketing. how much money is needed to run the website for the year?

i imagine a few hundred £'s would be nothing on the overall running costs of CA but could probably go a long way to helping EB out.
    I seriously think it is something worth looking at. Are their lines of communication available? I know Lusted who posts here on the org has just started working for them for example.

Quote Originally Posted by KARTLOS
    well it could be considered a form of marketing. how much money is needed to run the website for the year?

i imagine a few hundred £'s would be nothing on the overall running costs of CA but could probably go a long way to helping EB out.
    I seriously think it is something worth looking at. Are their lines of communication available? I know Lusted who posts here on the org has just started working for them for example.
    If they started giving us money, then its reasonable for other mods to expect the same treatment. Slippery slope to CA supporting modding teams, which is not wise and isn't particularly good for us either. If individual CA members wanted to support our team we would welcome their donations as if they were any other fan, but the company supporting us is just not on the cards, and we wouldn't want it to be.

Just don't pursue this line of enquiry any further.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

well along the lines of revenue raising, look at RTR 7, a lot of people have or are planning to buy barbarian invasion just for RTR, im sure if u ported to BI people would do the same, so CA cant deny Mods help raise revenue.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast