Thread: PC Gamer Medival Total War - Gold Edition Problem

Question PC Gamer Medival Total War - Gold Edition Problem

Hi there, I've been browsing around t'web looking for a place that might be able to help me with my problem. You guys seem to know alot of Total War so this seems like a good place to start! =)

My brother has just purchased the "PC Gamer Presents..." version of Medieval Total War Gold Edition. He doesn't have the internet so I'm posting on his behalf.

The game appears to have installed fine, but when he runs the .exe, it shows the "PC Gamer Presents Medival Total War" splash screen and then goes back to the desktop without doing anything else.

He's checked the processes and nothing is running in background waiting to load or anything like that.

He's running XP Home, all drivers are up-to-date as far as I'm aware and the laptop more than meets the minimum spec.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

/Rorx

Wink Re: PC Gamer Medival Total War - Gold Edition Problem

By the way, apologies if I posted in the wrong section. I couldn't really see one dedicated to troubleshooting.

Thanks,

/Rorx

Post Re: PC Gamer Medival Total War - Gold Edition Problem

Hi and welcome Rorx!
    Don't worry, you've not posted in the wrong section. This region of the .Org is a fuzzy random-topic forum, so, if your ever in doubt, posting here is always a good option.

If your brother has a Nvidia graphics card, then this thread may be able to aid you in fixing the issue. If not, feel free to post up your issues within it, along with the affected PC's system specifications, and I'm quite sure that one of the technical geniuses will be able to help you.

I hope this helps, good luck with the resolution of your problem, cheers!
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed