Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Play EB

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Default How to Play EB

Activate the Backround Script!!!
    Every time you start a new game or load a saved game.

The script can be activated by clicking on one of your cities. The advisor will pop up. Click on his picture. Then click on the "Show Me How" button. He may come up again if you are loading a savegame from another game. Just repeat the process. The script is necessary to playing EB, make sure to remember to activate it every time you start a new game or load a saved game.

Also, destroy all enemy Government Buildings. They would be destroyed by the script if they could be, but there is no code for that. Using government buildings that you did not create is considered a cheat in the EB system. Also, failing to destroy government (or more accurately destroying some but not all) can cause CTDs. Make sure you destroy them all when you take a settlement.
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; 07-12-2007 at 22:12.

Prodder of Stuff Member Musopticon?'s Avatar

Default Re: How to Play EB

One wonders the point of this thread.

One also wonders the function of said thread's starter in the dev team.

The point is to remind the people who can stand to swat away the advisor for hundreds of turns that he actually is necessary.

Why do you question Marcus' position?

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

I don't question his position, heh. I'm just asking what he does, the title doesn't make it clear. Sorry if I seem disrespectful, it's not intentional.

Perhaps because his sig say's he's a member for a now axed faction.

That said, he's always around with helpful answers to questions and concerns, so at least he functions well as a public relations person.

Well, that did look a bit fishy, to be honest.

Oh, and besides standing the advisor - those people tend to wonder why don't scripted reforms not happen?

Marcus is one of the "technical support" members. And seeing some of the thread titles, bug reports and thread subjects around, I'd say this thread is quite useful... Besides doing support, he's also done quite some bugfixing: broad rebellion CTD fix, anyone?
    Last edited by Tellos Athenaios; 07-12-2007 at 00:07.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Oh, ok. That's that cleared, cheers.

EB II Romani Consul Suffectus Member Zaknafien's Avatar
    Somewhere inside the Military-Industrial Complex

well, being EB Tribune of Plebs I would think is pretty straightforward--he represents the people and answers their questions on technical issues, etc.

"urbani, seruate uxores: moechum caluom adducimus. / aurum in Gallia effutuisti, hic sumpsisti mutuum." --Suetonius, Life of Caesar

ALL HAIL MarcusAureliusAntoninus . Tribune of the Plebs!!!!!

Nobody is using an EB sig banner around here who isn't on the team. I don't think anyone has ever tried. They'd get busted pretty quickly.

Yeah, I've noticed people are very alert here towards mistakes and mess-ups. Fortunately.

How would you stop an offsite infraction ? Example say at gamespot .

Join the Army: A Pontic AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=96984
    ...uh coptic mother****er:A Makuria Comedy AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...93#post1814493

Sorry but seems appropriate to ask here. Should you destroy the enemy barraks? I haven't been but would like to as they are of no use to me.

Thanks

Closet Celtophile Member Redmeth's Avatar

I could say it's advised if you can't use them (some factions share), the extra money helps plus if you lose the city they won't be able to build units immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by russia almighty
    How would you stop an offsite infraction ? Example say at gamespot .
    Easy: We got deathstar.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus
    Activate the Backround Script!!!
    Every time you start a new game or load a saved game.

Also, destroy all enemy Government Buildings.
    How do you activate background script?
    Only a few seek liberty; the majority seek nothing more than fair masters - Sallust

A lie told often enough becomes truth - Vladimir Lenin

Quote Originally Posted by horst nordfink
    How do you activate background script?
    Click on the advisor in the top left and then click on "show me how"
    As I walked through the Glenshane Pass I heard a young girl mourn
    The boy form Tamlaghtduff 'she cried 'is two years dead and gone'
    How my heart is torn apart this young man to lose
    Oh I'll never see the likes again of my young Francis Hughes ....

I did that and nothing happens. At least nothing noticable. He just keeps coming back with the same old message.
    Only a few seek liberty; the majority seek nothing more than fair masters - Sallust

A lie told often enough becomes truth - Vladimir Lenin

Make sure to click "show me how", instead of dismissing him. You may have to try a few times occasionally.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.

Well, at the start of a new game, the advisor appears on the top-left part of the screen. He says something like: "To activate the EB background script, click the Show Me How button". Do that, and he should disappear. If not, click on his face, and he'll go away.

He comes back when you load a save and click on one of your cities.
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

Closet Celtophile Member Redmeth's Avatar

Don't click on his face, click on the small button below it, the show me how button.
    EDIT:WH beat me to it and took the time to explain better

Umm, he shouldn't be coming back, though sometimes the game doesn't recognize me clicking "show me how" and once I select a city, the advisor arrives a second time. This only happens if I load a game however. Besides that though, the script has always worked.

Edit: I take back what I said, this thread was obviously needed. I recommend a sticky.
    Last edited by Musopticon?; 07-12-2007 at 18:06.

Quote Originally Posted by olly
    Sorry but seems appropriate to ask here. Should you destroy the enemy barraks? I haven't been but would like to as they are of no use to me.

Thanks
    If your enemy is from a different culture group - most certainly. If he's from the same culture group and you can still build your own barracks next to his - then destroy his. However, if you can't be sure to have one of your own governments installed - governments and their nomadic counterparts are paramount to recruitment of troops and upgrading structures in EB.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by Musopticon?
    Umm, he shouldn't be coming back, though sometimes the game doesn't recognize me clicking "show me how" and once I select a city, the advisor arrives a second time. This only happens if I load a game however. Besides that though, the script has always worked.

Edit: I take back what I said, this thread was obviously needed. I recommend a sticky.
    This happens when you load the script twice in one gaming session, which you shouldn't do if you were playing one faction to begin with and another right afterwards (and probably not all, just to be on the safe side). If you load a campaign game and start the script, but then wish to load another campaign game (either from a save or starting a new one) you must quit RTW completely before doing so.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Quote Originally Posted by Foot
    If you load a campaign game and start the script, but then wish to load another campaign game (either from a save or starting a new one) you must quit RTW completely before doing so.
    I've never had any major issues, besides maybe having to click 'show me how' a second time.

It happens every time I quickload after, e.g, accidentally moving an ambassador from a border city. It has never caused any problems for me, it seems the script initiates properly when I push "show me how" a second time, once the advisor reappears.

I never play more than one EB campaign at a time and so never load a separate campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Foot
    This happens when you load the script twice in one gaming session, which you shouldn't do if you were playing one faction to begin with and another right afterwards (and probably not all, just to be on the safe side). If you load a campaign game and start the script, but then wish to load another campaign game (either from a save or starting a new one) you must quit RTW completely before doing so.

Foot
    NOW... I did not know that......

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

I've had two winters in a row before, and I've decided to blame reloading a game and activating the script a second time for that bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenic
    I've never had any major issues, besides maybe having to click 'show me how' a second time.
    We know it does cause the "destroyed gov" bug in some cases. Its just best to play it on the safe side.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast