Thread: Al-Qaida has rebuilt, U.S. intel warns

Default Al-Qaida has rebuilt, U.S. intel warns

Linky

Well...what do you know?

Cataphract Of The City

EB II Romani Consul Suffectus Member Zaknafien's Avatar
    Somewhere inside the Military-Industrial Complex

Default Re: Al-Qaida has rebuilt, U.S. intel warns

Yep. Looks like the lies Bush has been shoveling us are finally coming to light to the rest of the public.

"urbani, seruate uxores: moechum caluom adducimus. / aurum in Gallia effutuisti, hic sumpsisti mutuum." --Suetonius, Life of Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafien
    Yep. Looks like the lies Bush has been shoveling us are finally coming to light to the rest of the public.

Hmm - I thought you would spin this as "Bush trying to ramp up threat level for '08" instead of the oh so typical "bush is an evil lier, see, see!".

I guess it just isnt soon enough...

Good for them.

If the US intelligence agencies know so much about Al Quaida then why haven't they crushed them already?
    Oh wait, it's just a conclusion based on assumptions and hearsay but we better all cower in fear now because there is a classified 5-page document about the rise of al Quaida in a certain region but of course the US are unable to go into that region and do anything against it because they don't know where they are, I mean they haven't seen them personally, but they know there are more from people who know that but don't know where they are and....erm, maybe someone gets my point.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

I personally doubt Al-Qaeda will launch a major terrorist attack inside the US in the near term. It just does not seem as if this would be in their strategic interest.

If they do, I forsee cultural relations within the US taking a sharp turn for the worse.

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJager
    Hmm - I thought you would spin this as "Bush trying to ramp up threat level for '08" instead of the oh so typical "bush is an evil lier, see, see!".

I guess it just isnt soon enough...
    Good point Panzer - it is highly likely this is all about the GOPists trying to use the "threat level" thing again as they did in 2004. Every other day it was being upgraded, downgrade, upgrade ... on and on - without even one explanation or example for these being done. It was all a "trust us", we know what's best.
    _____
    It maybe true that alQaeda has been rebuilding and restructuring itself - but their infrastructure remains helterskelter and more a scattering of want to be's as opposed to a semi-professional terrorist organization capable of inflicting anything near the dropping of the twin towers (that plan took them a decade to come to fruitition).

We should probably be more concerned with the products being imported from China - than alQuaeda. They are far more dangerous to our health than any supposedly reorganized terrorist outfit.
    To forgive bad deeds is Christian; to reward them is Republican. 'MC' Rove
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    ]Clowns to the right of me, Jokers to the left ... here I am - stuck in the middle with you.

Save the Whales. Collect the whole set of them.

Better to have your enemys in the tent pissin' out, than have them outside the tent pissin' in. LBJ

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

Senior Member Senior Member Brenus's Avatar

Well, that is good news… I wasn’t even informed that it has been dismantled…
    I knew the super bunkers in the high mountains, with decontamination facilities, protected entrances, and air pressured and showers were destroyed, but last time I checked Bin Laden and the Emir I don’t remember the Name were never really in danger…
    Now, if that means Al-Qaida is stronger than before, reinforced by the G. W. Bush, Blair and Associates’ Iraqi Adventure, it is not with such news the CIA will won a Pulitzer Price…
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.

"I've been in few famous last stands, lad, and they're butcher shops. That's what Blouse's leading you into, mark my words. What'll you lot do then? We've had a few scuffles, but that's not war. Think you'll be man enough to stand, when the metal meets the meat?"
    "You did, sarge", said Polly." You said you were in few last stands."
    "Yeah, lad. But I was holding the metal"
    Sergeant Major Jackrum 10th Light Foot Infantery Regiment "Inns-and-Out"

WASHINGTON - U.S. intelligence analysts have concluded al-Qaida has rebuilt its operating capability to a level not seen since just before the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, The Associated Press has learned.
    The same US intelligence that supposed there was WMD in Iraq?

Rove is an expert at the political tactic of "changing the subject" given that Lugar and whats his name from VA have now come out and declared the surge as a failure, and the political bench marks arent being made by the iraqi government this is a very simple thing to read.

The one area Bush still gets good marks on via the polls is his handling of terrorism, Rove and the boys are trying to change the subject again, they just have fewer things to employ this time around (no SS reform, supreme court nominee's).

Alqaida has been in operation in Pakistan for years now, Musharf made a deal with the taliban, what was that last year? the operation capability to get jihadist to hijack a plane, or to strap on a vest of explosives has always been in place. London, scotland most recently are examples, the operatives are there and never left, the capability to execute the operations is a matter of defensive capability on the targets part, not a lack of operational capability.

Rove is attempting to change the subject fella's, there convinced malaki needs US troops to secure baghdad and they'll fight like hell to keep them there.
    There are few things more annoying than some idiot who has never done anything trying to say definitively how something should be done.

Sua Sponte

Quote Originally Posted by KafirChobee
    It maybe true that alQaeda has been rebuilding and restructuring itself - but their infrastructure remains helterskelter and more a scattering of want to be's as opposed to a semi-professional terrorist organization capable of inflicting anything near the dropping of the twin towers (that plan took them a decade to come to fruitition).
    Gah! Really hate it when I have to eat my words, but do so now. No excuse, guess I bought into the idea that since we haven't been attacked that that meant al-Qaeda remained disorganized. Until the recent problems in Pakistan, and the exposure that al-Qaeda had free reign in areas there along the Afghanistan border - I assumed (incorrectly) that we had infact permanently hurt them. Rather than simply wounding them, and allowing them to rebuild an even stronger organization than they had prior to 9/11. Suppose I ought to have read more or studied some of the intelligence studys more thoroughly. Gah!

I ignored what I believed were fear mongers - back in 2003:
    http://www.news24.com/News24/World/N...413309,00.html
    Though it seemed plausible, it was just easier to accept we had a plan against terrorists that was atleast in part working.

For the survivalists out there:
    http://www.ww4report.com/node/4215
    http://www.ww4report.com/node/4034
    Even extremeists come closer to the truth thaqn the Bushys.

From the sorta real news - USN&WR:
    http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/ar.../14alqaeda.htm

Then we have the Bushy rejects the facts, as reported by the only TV news he ever watches - FOX:
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,289028,00.html

Conclusion, the US occupation (war in) of Iraq has diverted our attention (Intelligence agencys', and associated affililiates) and resourses away from the real enemy - al-Qaeda and other organized terrorist organizations. And, the President remains in denial - stays the course, still believing we are winning the war on terror. When in fact all the blunders and changing tactics, no working or workable strategy have encouraged al-Qaedas growth and will. There is more of a tendency for Bush to do their will, than for him to do ours.
    To forgive bad deeds is Christian; to reward them is Republican. 'MC' Rove
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    ]Clowns to the right of me, Jokers to the left ... here I am - stuck in the middle with you.

Save the Whales. Collect the whole set of them.

Better to have your enemys in the tent pissin' out, than have them outside the tent pissin' in. LBJ

He who laughs last thinks slowest.