Poll: The best unit bonus is:

Thread: And the best unit bonus from temples is:

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default And the best unit bonus from temples is:

I don't know! Which one do you prefer? Any reason why? What is an increase in unit experience good for? What is a morale advantage good for? How about weapon upgrades?

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Default Re: And the best unit bonus from temples is:

I don't really look at the bonuses for temples. I just try to make the most appropriate god for the region. Like a sea god in a town with a lot of shipping. Or a war god in a town with good selection of units. The one exception is for towns that tend to be unhappy, I build the temple whose top level gives the most happiness and/or law. I get the feeling that I'm the only one who role-plays temples, though.

I always leave the original temples in place and just over-build them. I go with whatever bonuses come around then. I do think, though, that the morale bonuses may be more useful than +1 experience or better armour.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus
    I don't really look at the bonuses for temples. I just try to make the most appropriate god for the region. Like a sea god in a town with a lot of shipping. Or a war god in a town with good selection of units. The one exception is for towns that tend to be unhappy, I build the temple whose top level gives the most happiness and/or law. I get the feeling that I'm the only one who role-plays temples, though.
    I role play temples, if my army wins a great victory in taking a certain city i'll dedicate the temple there to a war god.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

+1 experience means +1 moral and +1 attack. So rather +1 experience than +1 moral and rather +1 experience than +1 attack.

Like Moros pointed out. Now, I do roleplay my temples a bit. For example I've separated my Seleukid kingdom into several Satrapies and decreed each Satrapal capital shall have a temple in honour of Seleukos. Then, I tend to support Apollo & Artemis in regions which don't have temples yet, and if I conquer a wonder of the world which has a clear religous significance (e.g. Artemision of Ephese) I will build a temple to a different deity than the one which the wonder has been devoted to.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

There are equipment upgrades from temples..?

+20% public order, increase in tradeable goods and experience, I leave original temples

my balloons

Quote Originally Posted by Moros
    +1 experience means +1 moral and +1 attack. So rather +1 experience than +1 moral and rather +1 experience than +1 attack.
    While I typically either leave the existing in place (save areas that need maximum public order bonuses) and so wouldn't really take advantage of such features I still believe that a mod that would / could ONLY be gotten from a building will far outweigh mods that you can get through playstyle. This makes the equipment bonus - to me - outweigh experience or morale.

well i always did The weapon ones. I heard that upgrading too much unbalances the stats.

Now i feel naked and ashamed.

Cant you retain troops in Towns with all separate temples. Its a bit of a Mission but im sure you could get all bonuses
    As I walked through the Glenshane Pass I heard a young girl mourn
    The boy form Tamlaghtduff 'she cried 'is two years dead and gone'
    How my heart is torn apart this young man to lose
    Oh I'll never see the likes again of my young Francis Hughes ....

Quote Originally Posted by Moros
    Didn't know experience also affected morale, I thought only attack and defense. Oh well, too bad the in-game descriptions only say 'good' or 'excellent morale' or so.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swordmaster
    Didn't know experience also affected morale, I thought only attack and defense. Oh well, too bad the in-game descriptions only say 'good' or 'excellent morale' or so.
    Nope experience give +1 attack, +1 defence (skill) and a moral bonus.

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: Re: And the best unit bonus from temples is:

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus
    I do roleplay temples!

For example, once I conquered Antiocheia, there was a wondrous temple of Seleukos. I teared it down of course, for Seleukos was a traitor from my Mak-point of view, and built a new shiny temple of Zeus-Olympos. Cities with heavy unrest problems get either a Dyonisos or an Askleipios temple. Trading cities get a temple of Hermes. Cities like Ankyra get a temple of Ares...

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Default Re: AW: Re: And the best unit bonus from temples is:

Quote Originally Posted by Centurio Nixalsverdrus
    I do roleplay temples!

For example, once I conquered Antiocheia, there was a wondrous temple of Seleukos. I teared it down of course, for Seleukos was a traitor from my Mak-point of view, and built a new shiny temple of Zeus-Olympos. Cities with heavy unrest problems get either a Dyonisos or an Askleipios temple. Trading cities get a temple of Hermes. Cities like Ankyra get a temple of Ares...
    Yeah, I always tear down Temples to Seleukos, no matter who I play. I'm not going to be having my people worship a mortal who lead my enemies. I'll usually leave all Mithras Temples in place though, no matter who I play.