Thread: Post Marian Trait Requierments

Default Post Marian Trait Requierments

I have an Africanvs general who has all the traits needed to start the marius reform except popularis. i would have him campaign more but he is 78 yrs old and has "one foot in the grave" and i dont want to risk it! i tried just giving him the trait via give_trait so i dont have to raise a new general from scrath but i seems that whenever i try to give him the popularis trait it says "character not found."

i enter in: give_trait Caivs_Avrelivs_Africanvs Popularis, but it doesnt work

Does anyone know how to enter that code in correctly or does it have something to do with the "v's" in the generals name, help por favor

Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.

Default Re: Post Marian Trait Requierments

The correct code to enter is: give_trait "Caivsavrelivs Cotta" "Popularis" 1

See, you've got the name thing that's difficult but also for the Romani when you get "Africanus", for example, the database still registers the character under the original name. Here, I assume you're talking about Caivs Avrelivs Cotta, the guy you get in Arpi at the start.

This brings me to another point. Did you change the date requirement for the marian reforms? Normally, you need to have gone past 175 BC (IIRC), so if you've got the original Cotta, chances are, you're not gonna get the reforms.

Hope it helps.
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

o ok i see thanks

im in 209 b.c. thats why hes really old and i just want to get down into some marian reforms so im editing the script so i change the date to an ealier once and change the settlemnt requirement, battle fought, etc. but i still need a reformer

o ok i just have one more question, my general has the trait Sharp/Charismatic/Vigourous but the reformator general needs Intelligent/Charismatic/Vigourous, is there anyway to change this without doing battle, in other words, using RomeShell

Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.

Sharp=Intelligent
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.