Thread: Warhammer: MOC

Default Warhammer: MOC

I've just finished the campaign for this game, I know I'm slow I've had it since Christmas, and I've got to say I'm a bit disappointed with it. The amount of battles, about 24ish, is a bit on the small side and I've got to say the game just isn't as good as M2TW.

Anyone else played it?

Insomniac and tired of it Senior Member Slyspy's Avatar

Default Re: Warhammer: MOC

Tried the demo. It was crap.
    "Put 'em in blue coats, put 'em in red coats, the bastards will run all the same!"

"The English are a strange people....They came here in the morning, looked at the wall, walked over it, killed the garrison and returned to breakfast. What can withstand them?"

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

I bought it when it came out, and it's been sitting on my desk next to M2TW waiting for both a newer PC and patches.

Not sure exactly what happened, but the publisher and developer (Namco and BlackHole) got into a tiff and BlackHole was dropped after the disaster that was the release. Somebody else is doing support now (Deepsilver maybe?). The beta test was a fiasco, the game was released too early trying to beat the Christmas rush, and much of the community bailed on it. The forums have been a wasteland since February, when the latest patch was supposed to arrive but didn't.

The 1.72 patch just came out, adds friendly fire in multi-player and a bunch of other fixes. An expansion is also planned, hopefully more races will be added. The campaign is linear and short, but multiplay is supposed to be the key selling point. They really need to open the game up to modding to get the community back involved.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.

Forget about opening the game to modding, they need to release the sequel. The sequel being what MOC was supposed to be, but wasn't.
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.