Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update to EB for BI Installer

Default Update to EB for BI Installer

I have updated my installer that makes Europa Barbarorum compatible with Barbarian Invasion. The update is to the optional component that adds Schiltrom to some units, and expands the number of units who can make a Shield Wall.

The full description and download link is here
    Currently playing as:

Want to play Europa Barbarorum on Barbarian Invasion? Read all about it!
    Thanks for the balloons!

Big Brother got you down? Join the Freedom Group on the .org!

Default Re: Update to EB for BI Installer

This sounds great! I'll try is as soon as I finish my current campaign...
    Those who would give up essential liberties for a perceived sense of security deserve neither liberty nor security--Benjamin Franklin

This should be compatible with with all save games if you've manually enabled EB in BI in the past by copying over folders and whatnot. I even got it to work with a save game that was using watchman's mod, by wiping out EB and reinstalling EB then applying my patch. Installing this thing directly over a minimod is not recommended.

If your currently save game is in EB with vanilla RTW, I don't think you'll be able to continue a campaign using EB with BI.

Oh, and how long does it take you to finish a campaign? I've been playing my Romani campaign for a few months and I've only 30 turns past the polybian reforms.
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

I'm using the City Mod, Watchman's Mod and the AI Balancing Mod. I doubt it'll be save-game compatible...
    Those who would give up essential liberties for a perceived sense of security deserve neither liberty nor security--Benjamin Franklin

i'm surprised it didnt get attention it deserves.
    great job. thanks a lot for this installer

Will you be updating the installer when the new version of EB comes out?

Lover of Toight Vahjoinas Member Bootsiuv's Avatar

Wow....the only reason I never decided to run EB on BI was because I couldn't be bothered to do all of the file changing, copying, etc. (and undoubtedly screw something up in the process).

Now it's so easy....after my current Baktrian campaign, I'll definitely give this a try. Great Job Ferromancer
    SSbQ*****************SSbQ******************SSbQ

someone sticky this please

Lover of Toight Vahjoinas Member Bootsiuv's Avatar

I don't think they sticky unofficial mods.

Probably because that could be construed as official support for an unofficial mod.

A case could be made for several mods being stickied (city mod, ai balancing mod, first cohort, etc.), but those haven't been stickied either.

Hell, MAA is a moderator with an unofficial mod, and his mod isn't stickied.

I think we're just doomed to search for things....but YOU can sticky any thread for your own personal use (just in case you weren't aware of that option, it's proven very useful for me). :)
    SSbQ*****************SSbQ******************SSbQ

Quote Originally Posted by mcantu
    Will you be updating the installer when the new version of EB comes out?
    If and when a new version comes out, it shouldn't be hard to update the installer.
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

Nice...this sounds really cool. I have a couple of questions (don't want to mess anything up) How do I install this thing ? my guess is
    1-RTW/BI/patch 1.6
    2-EB
    3-your installer
    4-any minimods I use (AI balancing, CityMod, 1st Cohort etc.)

let me know if that is the correct install order

THANX

Quote Originally Posted by MerlinusCDXX
    Nice...this sounds really cool. I have a couple of questions (don't want to mess anything up) How do I install this thing ? my guess is
    1-RTW/BI/patch 1.6
    2-EB
    3-your installer
    4-any minimods I use (AI balancing, CityMod, 1st Cohort etc.)

let me know if that is the correct install order

THANX
    Please note that if you install any minimods, the uninstaller might get broken. Also, any other mods will likely overwrite the archer/slinger sound fix and any shieldwall/schiltrom settings. Therefore, if you are installing any minimods, uncheck the option to install schiltrom/shieldwall/canswim/soundfix, because the results will be unpredictable.
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferromancer
    Please note that if you install any minimods, the uninstaller might get broken. Also, any other mods will likely overwrite the archer/slinger sound fix and any shieldwall/schiltrom settings. Therefore, if you are installing any minimods, uncheck the option to install schiltrom/shieldwall/canswim/soundfix, because the results will be unpredictable.
    Please confirm if that is the supposed install order. Right now, I don't have EB installed. I've reserved a copy of the original BI 1.6 folder for EB (the original one went for IB). So please tell me in which order I should install it all.

Is there anywhere a list of the files altered / replaced by the installer ? This would make it easier to make minimods compatible.

Here is part of the script I'm using to build the installer. It should give you an idea of what files are being copied. I hope that helps:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    Section "MainSection" SEC01
      SetOutPath "$INSTDIR"
      SetOverwrite On
      ; Copy campaign directory
      CopyFiles "${EB_CAMPAIGN}\imperial_campaign" "${EB_CAMPAIGN}\barbarian_invasion" 50884
      ; Copy settlements
      CopyFiles "${EB_TEXT}\imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt" "${EB_TEXT}\barbarian_invasion_regions_and_settlement_names.txt"
      ; Delete temp map file to prevent crashing
      Rename "${EB_MAPS}\base\map.rwm" "${EB_MAPS}\base\eb_before_bi_map.rwm"
    SectionEnd

Section "Enable Shield Wall" SEC02
      SetOutPath "$INSTDIR"
      SetOverwrite On
      ; Copy over UI icons to prevent garbled shieldwall icon
      Rename "${EB_UI}\barbarian\interface\battlepage_03.tga" "${EB_UI}\barbarian\interface\eb_before_bi_battlepage_03.tga"
      CopyFiles "${BI_UI}\barbarian\interface\battlepage_03.tga" "${EB_UI}\barbarian\interface\battlepage_03.tga"
      Rename "${EB_UI}\nomad\interface\battlepage_03.tga" "${EB_UI}\nomad\interface\eb_before_bi_battlepage_03.tga"
      CopyFiles "${BI_UI}\nomad\interface\battlepage_03.tga" "${EB_UI}\nomad\interface\battlepage_03.tga"
      Rename "${EB_UI}\roman\interface\battlepage_03.tga" "${EB_UI}\roman\interface\eb_before_bi_battlepage_03.tga"
      CopyFiles "${BI_UI}\roman\interface\battlepage_03.tga" "${EB_UI}\roman\interface\battlepage_03.tga"
      ; Not sure what to do with the rest of the cultures, so just copy the icon from "barbarian"
      Rename "${EB_UI}\carthaginian\interface\battlepage_03.tga" "${EB_UI}\carthaginian\interface\eb_before_bi_battlepage_03.tga"
      CopyFiles "${BI_UI}\barbarian\interface\battlepage_03.tga" "${EB_UI}\carthaginian\interface\battlepage_03.tga"
      Rename "${EB_UI}\EASTERN\interface\battlepage_03.tga" "${EB_UI}\EASTERN\interface\eb_before_bi_battlepage_03.tga"
      CopyFiles "${BI_UI}\barbarian\interface\battlepage_03.tga" "${EB_UI}\EASTERN\interface\battlepage_03.tga"
      Rename "${EB_UI}\EGYPTIAN\interface\battlepage_03.tga" "${EB_UI}\EGYPTIAN\interface\eb_before_bi_battlepage_03.tga"
      CopyFiles "${BI_UI}\barbarian\interface\battlepage_03.tga" "${EB_UI}\EGYPTIAN\interface\battlepage_03.tga"
      Rename "${EB_UI}\GREEK\interface\battlepage_03.tga" "${EB_UI}\GREEK\interface\eb_before_bi_battlepage_03.tga"
      CopyFiles "${BI_UI}\barbarian\interface\battlepage_03.tga" "${EB_UI}\GREEK\interface\battlepage_03.tga"
      SetOutPath "$INSTDIR\EB\Data"
      ; Copy unit descriptions to enable shieldwall, warcry, can_swim
      Rename "export_descr_unit.txt" "eb_before_bi_export_descr_unit.txt"
      File "export_descr_unit.txt"
      ; Copy projectile descriptions
      Rename "descr_projectile.txt" "eb_before_bi_descr_projectile.txt"
      File "descr_projectile.txt"
      Rename "descr_projectile_new.txt" "eb_before_bi_descr_projectile_new.txt"
      File "descr_projectile_new.txt"
      ; Copy new projectile models and textures
      Rename "MODELS_MISSILE" "eb_before_bi_MODELS_MISSILE"
      File /r "MODELS_MISSILE"
    SectionEnd
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

Again, please tell in which order all things are supposed to be installed. Right now I have a BI 1.6 reserved for an EB installation (i.e EB is not istalled at the moment). Should I install EB or your fix first?

Quote Originally Posted by Calypze
    Again, please tell in which order all things are supposed to be installed. Right now I have a BI 1.6 reserved for an EB installation (i.e EB is not istalled at the moment). Should I install EB or your fix first?
    The order you posted was just fine, but that wasn't the point of my reply. If you are installing minimods you should uncheck the option to install the shieldwall and other modifications, because things will get totally screwed up if you don't.
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferromancer
    The order you posted was just fine, but that wasn't the point of my reply. If you are installing minimods you should uncheck the option to install the shieldwall and other modifications, because things will get totally screwed up if you don't.
    Ok, thank you. It seems that the whole thing works well now.

I wonder if it is possible to add the horde ability to some factions? I think that would fit at least the nomad factions, i.e the Sauromatae and the Saka Rauka. How do I do that?

Please note that until this is updated for 1.0, you must leave the 'enable shieldwall' option unchecked or it will kill the new EDU

Great job, Mcantu.
    Thanx a lot =)

i dont think BI's formations work well with EB statuses and idiotic AI doesnt know how to properly use it anyway. so if i uncheck 'enable shieldwall' will it prevent form getting them enabled completely?

Leaving 'enable shieldwall' unchecks leaves the 1.0 EDU untouched...thats what you want

Quote Originally Posted by mcantu
    Leaving 'enable shieldwall' unchecks leaves the 1.0 EDU untouched...thats what you want
    great, thanks!

Pardon my absence folks, but I'm getting married this weekend :) As you can imagine, this means I won't be updating my installer in the next week. HOWEVER, it seems people can still use my installer as long as they leave the "shield wall" option unchecked.

Before I update, I need a little help from you fine folks. In EB 1.0, are the sling units still using archer sound effects?
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

Congratulations!

And no, they're not.
    ...et Boston delenda est.

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

Congrats Ferromancer!
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Congfrats Ferromancer!
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Thanks everybody for the well wishes

Thank God they fixed that sound effects bug. That'll make my life easier. Now if I could just get over my hang over from too much red bull and beer...
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

Is this compatible with 1.0?

EB Getai player Member MoROmeTe's Avatar
    Campina, Romania, currently stationed in Bucharest, Romania

Yes, just be sure to uncheck the second option when installing...
    For my name is Legion...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast