Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Orgah Appreciation Station

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

Default Re: Orgah Appreciation Station

I'd like to thank Tribesman. Yes, he drives me to the brink of violence at times with his maddening half-questions and leading allusions with no actual references. It took me a long time to understand though that he's not necessarily disagreeing with you, he wants to be certain you understand what it is you're waxing on it about. In short, any topic he takes an interest in, you better bring your "A" game.

I'd also like to thank Navaros. It's not easy consistently taking a position that you know almost nobody else agrees with, but he never seeks to take the popular position, or soften his message. Just as we need those who lead us to compromise, we need those who are the outposts of idealism. I may not always agree with Navaros, but I have to say I deeply respect his sense of conviction and how firmly he stands, regardless of how much flak he must surely know he's going to take. Now, if we could just get him to read more New Testament and less Old...

I'd like to thank all the Staff for doing an excellent job at what is mostly a thankless task (and for which they receive no reward). I think we all (myself included) tend to forget that these guys are human, have lives and have viewpoints. They don't sit around reading posts 24-7 with a perfect moral compass for objectivity.

Finally, I'd like to thank everybody else. This is without a doubt the best online community I've ever belonged to and I'm happy to have shared time and electrons with you all over the past 3+ years.
    Last edited by Don Corleone; 07-25-2007 at 15:51.
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Wow, I feel very honoured by Andres.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

KukriKhan, Gregoshi and TosaInu are extraordinary people to me, here.

They have done enough to make me see them as elders to follow the guidances of. Especially after my disastrous intro with my Armenian Issue struggle here, the reason I'm still here with you great people is due to Gregoshi-sensei 's light.

This was about appreciation, and although somehow I'm bored with here as much as it's the way with other things in my life, I really love you all.

Cheers to the bone.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andres
    Thank you Martok, Ludens, Mithrandir, Moros and The Stranger for welcoming me at the Org and making me feel at home from the very beginning of my membership.
    And thank you for the "best almost first thread" thread!

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeNine
    Especially after my disastrous intro with my Armenian Issue struggle here
    Awwww, let's pretend it never happened

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Fragony, what can I say he changed my life...well okay perhaps that's not it, but he surely made me laugh quite a lot. Thx Frag!

Andres, not just for metioning me (he's the only one so far...what's up with that? I'm appreciatable...Is that a word?), but also because he's a nice guy. And one that knows and understands what kind of nonesense politics are. (especially Belgian plotitics)

Doc_bean, nice guy who makes sure that the TYOLT has some conversations that do make sense once in a while.

Dutch_guy helpfull and freindly chap who made me understand the power of words balloons.

Drisos being one of the founding fathers of TYOLT, without him the dutch take over would never have been accomplished.

Stig He may come from Holland, he's remains a great guy. He could do with making a little less sense at time though.

Pannonian for being the evilest mafia guy I've dealt with. Great descriptions of his victims and all. It was great working together with you.
    Arrividerci!

Insane Apache He surely is insane ...I like that. He also started the jokes thread. Great fella.

Gregoshi if you think a sponge in the kigali desert is dry, you gotta see big G.

Beirut Surely the best or the second best mod of the frontroom.

Soly If you take photographs of beautifull women, you gotta get respect.

Ludens For moderating the meadhall, an often forgotten place, and organising the writing contests! Thanks alot!

Big King S. For being the best or the second best moderator of the frontroom!

GeneralHankerchief the bringer of mafia!

All EB members, betatesters, ex-members and fans for the best mod in gaming history

All Blue Lotus members, formers members, contributers and fans for the best RTW fantasy mod! With special thanks to Hoggy, the best 3D and 2D artist in the world of RTW modding!

Divinus Arma for being the great guy he is!

Gawain aka. the monument. For his numerous (tiny understatement) music threads, but also his for his other contributions in other threads. Even tough we may have different political views, I like this kid.

Last but not least THE_STRANGER for being:
    1) The fonder of the TYOLT
    2) Beirut's son
    3) Even more messed up as I am.
    4) A great contributer to the Meadhall
    5) Not being dutch
    6-...) and so many more reasons...also watch out for the flying hippo bombers!!!

Als a big thanks to everyone who makes the frontroom the great place it is!

Hope I didn't forget anyone.

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

actually its The Stranger...

AAAWWWH YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU... do you... ow... this is getting weird... got to get out of here!!!...

but... I'll be back...

We do not sow.

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moros
    Pannonian for being the evilest mafia guy I've dealt with. Great descriptions of his victims and all. It was great working together with you.
    Arrividerci!
    Thanks for putting my name forward, but I'd hate to be given the credit thta rightly belongs to someone else. Kommodus was your fellow mafioso in Mafia III. I was part of the Gang of Four that tried (very unsuccessfully) to root you out.

Should have been posted by Gertgregoor:
    Kommodus for being the evilest mafia guy I've dealt with. Great descriptions of his victims and all. It was great working together with you.
    Arrividerci!

Thankyou.

NB: IIRC Fragony started the joke thread.

Last edited by InsaneApache; 08-01-2007 at 01:16.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Wow. Many thanks to all who felt I deserved a mention. As KukriKhan put it, I am simultaneously embarrassed, honored, and humbled.

As for myself, there's so many Orgahs I could mention I scarcely know where to begin. Nonetheless, I shall do my best:

Adrian II, Andres, Banquo's Ghost, Beirut, BKS, Blind King of Bohemia, Caravel, Drisos, EatYerGreens, econ21, edyzmedieval, faisal/Leet Eriksson, frogbeastegg, Garcilaso de la Vega el Inca, Gregoshi, KukriKhan, LeftEyeNine, Ludens, Mithrandir, Omanes, Papewaio, Puzz3D, Rythmic, sapi, Sasaki Kojiro, Ser Clegane, Sinan, TosaInu, & VikingHorde.

I'm too lazy to actually list the reasons for my having named all these fine folks, but hopefully they all have a pretty good idea as to why I named them anyway. I also know I've forgotten at least a few names, so if anyone here feels I accidentally left them off my list, the odds are good that you're right.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

This place called Mars... do you know of it?

I still feel quite new around here but I can't help but not give some props to a few that I have come into contact around here with:

Beirut simply for the fact seem like a best friend one minute but then law down the law on you(me). His humor and those (deleted post-Beirut).

Some of the chaps from the BABES Thread have had some rather interesting conversations in that place.

Gawain of Orkney for his musical prowess in all of the recent music threads and also everyone who has taken part in them. It was/is fun reading and finding out about other bands and songs that I might be interested in and everybody was/is very convincing and I have actually listened to a few just for kicks.

The rest of the FRONTROOM chaps you guys are great clean fun insightful and homey(as in coming here and having fun conversations without having to worry about other's ego's and being shot down hard).
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."

All us men suffer in equal parts, it's our lot in life, and no man goes without a broken heart or a lost love. Like holding your dog as he takes his last breath and dies in your arms, it's a rite of passage. Unavoidable. And honestly, I can't imagine life without that depth of feeling.-Bierut

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thank you to Andres. His constant funny questions during my hosting of mafia made it that much more fun.

Thank you to Omanes, for making my predictions come true. I think we may be seeing green with your name when a moderator retires. And the fabulous mafia games queue.

Econ21. I havent talked to him, but during my first months, he was a great person to have around.

and finally. Martok. You've convinced me camels are great, and you sent me one of my most treasuered PM's. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

I'd like to give a big hug to everyone who keeps questions and discussions to the Main Hall, Citadel, and Colosseum and OUT of the Guides forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Kekvit Irae
    I'd like to give a big hug to everyone who keeps questions and discussions to the Main Hall, Citadel, and Colosseum and OUT of the Guides forums.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My list is fairly long, but everyone on it deserves their place.

Ludens for being the first person to welcome me to the .Org.

econ21 and TinCow for creating the brilliant writings that attracted me to the Throne Room and continued excellence in that area.

Lucjan and OverKnight for some wonderful RP experiences in WotS and KotR - OK, keep 'em coming, Lucjan, you're missed terribly.

The rest of the WotS/KotR crew: Braden, Mount Suribachi, Death the Destroyer of Worlds, FLYdude, Tamur, Swordsmaster, Tiberius, Wonderland, Dutch_guy, Ituralde, FactionHeir, Ignoramus, Warluster, Stig, gibson, Kagemusha, AussieGiant, Northnovas, Stuperman, Privateerkev - it's been fun, gentlemen.

Ichigo for being a fellow chatter, Mafia crewmember, and friend.

Sasaki for being an excellent opponent, comrade, friend, and moderator.

The people who have been with Mafia from the beginning: Kagemusha, Crazed Rabbit, Kommodus, Dutch_guy, discovery1. Thanks for your continued interest and perseverance.

The people that were with Mafia from the start but sadly are gone: Reenk Roink, rdece.jabolko, AggonyDuck, Tiberius/Avicenna, Divinus Arma, Alexander the Pretty Good, Peasant Phill, Cowhead418. Come back!

The current Mafia crew: Pannonian, Sigurd Fafnesbane, Andres, Caius Flaminius, Warmaster Horus, CountArach, Seamus Fermanagh, pevergreen, Stig, The Stranger, sapi, greaterkhaan, Louis VI the Fat, Proletariat, Husar, Redleg, Twilightblade, Tran, Omanes, Xdeathfire, sorry if I missed you, it's been awesome.

The chatters: Ichigo, Sigurd Fafnesbane, Spartakus, Andres, Whacker, discovery1, Husar, Fizzil, Proletariat. I need to get back in there more often.

Myrddraal for being an excellent partner in GF2 and taking over in Battle Royale.

Anyone who ever contributed to the Babe Thread ever.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Blog Entries

Slightly over two years have passed...many more memories have been made, many more members have come and gone.

Who do you appreciate orgahs?

All of them really. The lague of extraordinary gentlemen. And a few lasses.

Blog Entries

I've got to shout out to Andres, sapi and Martok for different reasons than listed before.

They provided me with honesty when I needed it.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

id like to say thanks to (in no particular order):

Fragony for being by my side in all those israel-palestine debates in the backroom.
    Monk for introducing me to SoaSE.
    Gelatinous Cube for being by my side in numerous debates in the backroom, and for being one of the coolest tankers i know.
    Megas Methuselah for being one of the coolest orgahs ever and having with me some of the best/funniest conversations via profile walls.
    Veho Nex for just being awesome.
    Aemilius Paulus for making me see the other side in a certain issue and now i am ever indebted to him for that. kinda.
    Warmaster Horus for reviving the Gahzette.
    Rhyfelwyr how could i ever forget Rhyfelwyr. former contestant in the famous "Rhyfelwyr-Hooahguy post race of the Century" he still remains a true friend even though he lost.
    TosaInu for being the best admin ever and not getting angry at me when i bombarded him with messages.
    KarlXII for being my swedophile friend, even though we had a few rough patches, and responsible for my current love of Sweden. also one of my closest orgah friends.
    Cute Wolf for being one of the best friend also outside of the org. thanks for the help in chemistry, by the way.
    Reverend Joe- for introducing me to the awesomeness that is Airbourne.

apologies to anyone who has impacted me that i forgot.
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 08-10-2009 at 19:19.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

I like pretty much all of you... theres only the very occasional .org member that i don't like...

But if you going to narrow me down to a list...

Louis, hysterical... i find myself agreeing with him alot too...

TinCow, had a great mafia victory which he lead us to... usually intelligent posts in the backroom...

Gawain Of Orkeney, This guy could go on for pages and pages, complete opposite views for so many things but a great debator, also a good player online had some good games with and against him...

Sasaki, mainly for that fued we had a few games back, was entertaining for me at least... hammered me back when we had an 8 game run on MI, i like to think i was out of practice but the truth is sasaki is/was kick ass at MI... always entertaining to play mafia with...

Fragony, cool guy, dutch as well. May disagree with some of his views but i think he has a heart of gold...

Tribesman, funny irritating and confusing all at once... a great personality to have in the backroom...

Dave, comedy gold!

Seamus, Andres and GH, firendly guys who host great mafia games, good moderators too. I also enjoy reasing Seamus contributions in the backroom... well thought out and usually a bit different from my view... Andres well thought out too... but usually i agree with him...

Tosa, the great admin in the sky...!

KK, the living breathing definition of honour. A great stand up guy in almost every way.... hangs around on practically the opposite side of the political compass but it isn't simple to predict his position on every issue that comes up...

The old Aggony guys, the Fears and the GreyWolves... my clanmates at one time or another... all stand up guys...

My friends clans, Insane, special shout out for Apache, had many great Insane VS Aggony games!

The bears as well... not sure if any of them are on here...

And too many more to mention...

Can't believe i almost forgot Beirut, Great guy and funny as well. Enjoyed greatly his cartoons on the israeli plaestine situation (was it bill and margaret i can't remember ?)

I love you all equally... just some more equally than others
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Husar: For being one of the only sane people in the chat.

GoreBag:
    For his intellect and knowledge on most all subjects, for breaking taboos and being able to question things yet unquestioned.

LeftEyeNine: Something or another..what was it again? For his help on finding out my name! Woohoo! Türkiye!

Tribesman: For his insight in the Backroom, managing to bring a smile on my face even in the most heated of discussions.

Fizzil/Leet Erikkson: Arabs among eachother, eh? For his assistance on the subject of Islam and great sense of humour.

Fragony, cool guy, dutch as well. May disagree with some of his views but i think he has a heart of gold...
    Truth.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    Rhyfelwyr how could i ever forget Rhyfelwyr. former contestant in the famous "Rhyfelwyr-Hooahguy post race of the Century" he still remains a true friend even though he lost.
    Why thank you kindly, good sir.

Now, for my list, I'll probably miss some people since this is off the top of my head but...

hooah - although of a different faith, having him in the backroom means I'm not the only young zealot around. and of course, he is known as the Lion of Zion with good reason...
    Philipvs Vallindervs Calicvula - although we are doomed never to agree on anything related to Christian doctrine, still I have had many duels with him, and its always good to discuss other views. he also provides a more philosophical outlook compared to my furious scripture-qouting style, but I still think we can meet on some level when debating
    LittleGrizzly - even though he disagrees with my religious views, he is still always respectful and tries to understand them and find a common ground, sometimes when I do not always return it
    Reen Roink - for jumping to the rescue to confuse people with big words and abstract concepts whenever we are having on of those theism v atheism debates
    Martok - although all the moderator staff are friendly, Martok has always struck me as a particularly friendly fellow
    Meth - aka Megas Methuselah... was a cool guy from my short time in the EB tavern, despite his spreading rumours of my Welshness.
    pevergreen - I'm still a pever!
    Vuk - a brother from the pever rebellion, Vuk is always up to something funny, like making blatant Godwins or changing his user title to make it look like he's banned.
    Warman8 - bring him back! we want another Warman thread!
    Tribesman - at first when I came to the backroom I thought he was a [insert wording here], but he's actually alright and when he gives those remarks its usually to point us in the right direction
    Fragony - although its always easy to make nasty remarks about right wing people, I reckon frags is actually a nice guy, I also like his "just because you say it doesn't make it true" approach when the rest of us would be getting carried away with hyperbole
    Navaros - IIRC I've only seen this guy once in a backroom thread, but it sounds like he's a bit of a legend and I like to view myself as his successor in the backroom
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile Re: Orgah Appreciation Station

I would like to thank

-All the mafia crew
    My life won't be the same without you lot

-All the historians around
    Though I'm a bit annoyed at the fact that you know more about Japanese history then I do

-Orgahs in general
    Most of you are wonderful lads. Thanks

-Tosa
    Our beloved ruler of Org.

-pevergreen
    For introducing me the Org

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    Veho Nex for just being awesome.
    Sweet. Thanks.

As for my list... do I have to pick and choose? I feel as though the org isn't the org unless you're all here, as for new people, it's like adding toppings to an already great cake.
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleGrizzly View Post

edit, foreigners living here aren't very impressed with the social restraints of the dutch it seems, fresh from the mailbox.

http://forum.expatica.com/lofiversio.../t85620-0.html
    Last edited by Fragony; 08-11-2009 at 15:47.

I'd like to add the names that actually kind of personify the Org for me. I mean I hang around here quite a while each day, reading threads. I don't post that much though, nor do I interact that much with others.
    Anyway when I think of the Org, first off I think of Tosa and the fact that the Org is one of the greatest forums around.
    Then there's Martok, friendly and helpful. He explained the whole 'camel' deal to me.
    There's Whacker and Lemur (I still regret how at first I thought that Prosimians were extinct).
    And there's Fragony (I remember some really awesome pics in the Babe thread ).
    And Alexanderofmacedon, the only chap here, who watches Hindi movies, besides me, I think.

And then there are the Org members. I can't remember ever seeing a forum full of people who're so nice and helpful to everyone, and just so.....err....'together'......it gives this place a warm feel, that's hard to find, when you can't even see the person you're speaking with.

Being here, a part of it, feels good.

Last edited by rajpoot; 08-11-2009 at 18:09.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12