Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orgah Appreciation Station

Amphibious Trebuchet Salesman Member Whacker's Avatar

Default Orgah Appreciation Station

Been tossing this idea around for awhile now, might as well finally get around to it.

The short version of this is, I'd like to start a thread where we long and short-timers can post about some of the Orgah's who've had some significant positive impacts on us individually throughout our .Org 'careers', directly and indirectly. This isn't to be about rear smooching or name dropping, or "hay to my buddy x", this is meant to be a sort of a "Thanks, x, because of/for y" in the spirit of sincerity and gratitude. Also it's not meant to include or more importantly exclude anyone, this is all just personal opinion, I'm sure there are going to be some people on this list who weren't expecting it, and I hope it's a pleasant surprise for some.

Without further ado, I'll get us started. In absolutely no particular order:

- Puzz3D: For being a polite, perhaps a bit short worded, individual to respond positively to some of my inquiries very early after I joined up at the Org. For generally sharing information and educating me on certain things that I was curious about patiently, and validating certain thoughts and concerns that I had about the TW games in general.

- ElmarkOfFear: For further making me feel very welcome and that my thoughts/posts were accepted and appreciated also very early on after I joined, and was having some... er.. 'difficulties' with some of the more hardnosed less accepting types.

- Doug-Thompson: For converting me firmly to the Church of the Horse Archer. For making me feel like some contributions I attempted to make were appreciated and recognized.

- Odin: For demonstrating that there are individuals in the backroom capable of engaging others in intelligent, mutually respectful argument (discussion?), and that one can walk away from those feeling both intellectually satisfied and that a real meeting of the minds has occured with honor and respect.

- Omanes Alexandrapolites: The sleeper. Omanes is one of those guys whose posts always make me smile (really) and remind me that I should continually try harder to be more pleasant and polite to my fellow Orgahs. I've never seen a post by him that's been snotty or rude, everything is polite, and his posts bespeak of someone who has a genuine desire to help others and make others feel welcome. Seems to have set the record for getting Senior Membership, and in my views is one of the folks who honors the title by carrying it.

- Sinan: Also embodies the very spirit of what it means to be a Senior Member in my view. Very warmly welcomed me (and others) when I (we) joined. Engaged and sought my opinion and input to various topics and threads in the Citadel in it's early days and throughout. Never once posted anything to anyone that was rude or condescending. Actively worked in the community to contribute to it in terms of knowledge and embetterment. He is a very credit to this community and it has been totally my pleasure to know the guy, this place is a better place because of people like him.

- Gregoshi: For some of the worstbest puns I've ever seen, and continually reminding me that having a good sense of humor will make you live longer and happier.

To everyone on my list, hat's off, and a sincere Thank You from me.

There are others who escape me at this point, I'll come back and edit this later when I can remember.

Last edited by Whacker; 07-16-2007 at 21:17.

"Justice is the firm and continuous desire to render to everyone
    that which is his due."
    - Justinian I

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Default Re: Orgah Appreciation Station

Gregoshi, Beirut, and Lemur (among others), for being solid rocks of good sense who always have a pun or joke ready. Or an axe.

- Tosa Inu: For always being so kind, and friendly, and just for doing his best to make my every day brighter! Spread the cheer man!
    For Tosa!!
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Post Re: Orgah Appreciation Station

Thanks Wacker

I don't really know who to select for my appreciation. All Orgahs deserve appreciation for their effort or actions over the times which they have resided here. Their posting is what makes the .Org the warm and cuddly place which it is.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Thanks GH for introducing Mafia to this great place. You are a very polite individual (For the most part ) as well.

Also a definite agreement on Gregoshi, his posts always make me laugh, or groan.

Also, how could I forget you yourself Whacker. You constantly keep me entertained in the Chatroom. Pity I don't have the time for that anymore.
    Last edited by CountArach; 07-17-2007 at 08:35.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.

GH, of course, for mafia, CA, for his AAR, Omanes, for knowing if I need help he'll be there, Greg, for his good/bad puns.

And, in general, the Org's members, for giving me a place to rest/enjoy myself.
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

L'Etranger Senior Member Banquo's Ghost's Avatar
    Hunting the Snark, a long way from Tipperary...

Quote Originally Posted by Omanes Alexandrapolites
    I don't really know who to select for my appreciation. All Orgahs deserve appreciation for their effort or actions over the times which they have resided here. Their posting is what makes the .Org the warm and cuddly place which it is.
    Very true.

It's almost impossible to even start a list like this, as one can think of so many people to acknowledge and it soon becomes endless. Therefore, aside from a deep bow of gratitude to everyone in the Backroom who make it such a vibrantly interesting place, I should restrain myself and note one person: KukriKhan.

All my colleagues on the staff have been kind and generous, but those words define the grace, warmth and nobility of Kukri. His wisdom and support are deeply appreciated.

"Be well. Do good. Keep in touch."

Thanks partner.
    "If there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this one."
    Albert Camus "Noces"

Blog Entries

I like the lot of you for various reasons, Louis always makes me laugh with his twist of humour that I think only the French can truly possess.

Banquo For his kind wisdom and deep introspect on many subjects and on-goings in the Back room.

Others of Worthy Note

Divinus Arma

Devastatin' Dave

Insane Apache

and of course... Edyzmedievel

I Humbly Bow to you all

I feel humbled and honoured.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Quote Originally Posted by Whacker
    - Odin: For demonstrating that there are individuals in the backroom capable of engaging others in intelligent, mutually respectful argument (discussion?), and that one can walk away from those feeling both intellectually satisfied and that a real meeting of the minds has occured with honor and respect.
    Thanks Whacker,

Honestly the last few weeks I have become mostly apathetic toward the backroom. I spend time at other sites as well and had made a concious effort to reduce my time here. Tear jerker comments like this might sway me otherwise :)

I'm glad you feel this way, the feeling is mutual friend.

There are few things more annoying than some idiot who has never done anything trying to say definitively how something should be done.

Sua Sponte

There are two members whom I hold in high regard:

KafirChobee & Gawain of Orkney : While I have had a shouting match or two with them, I have come to respect there point of view a great deal. Being convicted and consistant is admirable, doing so with life expirence to verify the position taken lends a great deal of credability. Age aside, wisdom is often obtained through living, but being able to convey the wisdom through example of life lessons, tempered with a current circumstance is definately worthy of respect.

Both of these posters have my respect, even though when I disagree i might not be as respectful as I am professing to be here, it might be due to the fact that in convincing either of my point of view would be a personal verification of my own wisdom.

A student always seeks the teachers approval in the classic sense.

There are few things more annoying than some idiot who has never done anything trying to say definitively how something should be done.

Sua Sponte

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo's Ghost
    Very true.

It's almost impossible to even start a list like this, as one can think of so many people to acknowledge and it soon becomes endless. Therefore, aside from a deep bow of gratitude to everyone in the Backroom who make it such a vibrantly interesting place, I should restrain myself and note one person: KukriKhan.

All my colleagues on the staff have been kind and generous, but those words define the grace, warmth and nobility of Kukri. His wisdom and support are deeply appreciated.

Thanks partner.
    Thank you. :)

I forgot to mention my best personal friend: BG! Without his warmth and friendship (and personal encouragment) I would not be the Orgah I am today. :)
    Vuk
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Vuk, Roman_Man#3(aka Megas Alexandros), Filibusteria, Vuk, ByzantineKnight, Omanes Alexandrapolites, Martok, Whacker, Discovery1, Spartakus, Ramashan, melitirios, Rex_Pelasgorum, TosaInu, Fizzil(who his real name was Faisal, I dont remember) GeneralHankerchief and Ichigo.

Those members own the GvI Apreciation. Everyone know why they own the apreccciation.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Quote Originally Posted by Garcilaso de la Vega el Inca
    Vuk, Roman_Man#3(aka Megas Alexandros), Filibusteria, Vuk, ByzantineKnight, Omanes Alexandrapolites, Martok, Whacker, Discovery1, Spartakus, Ramashan, melitirios, Rex_Pelasgorum, TosaInu, Fizzil(who his real name was Faisal, I dont remember) GeneralHankerchief and Ichigo.

Those members own the GvI Apreciation. Everyone know why they own the apreccciation.

Thank you!
    I am very much honored by your appreciation and return it equally.
    I would also like to show appreciation for Wlesmana for his many contributions (least of all not being LOTR:TW :P)
    Vuk

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

A lot of backroom posters but especially Lemur, Don Corleone, Banquo and Odin.

Fragony and Major Robert Dump for their twisted humour.

The EB team, without the EB mod I wouldn't have been playing TW at all anymore and I'm not sure if I'd still visit this site then.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Don't we have this thread already?

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=65157

Anyhow, I feel honoured.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

weve had had dozens of these threads... though you learn new people everytime and new people join every day

btw what you linked isnt entirely the same... that is a bio of the members, this is a likelist.
    Last edited by The Stranger; 07-18-2007 at 16:41.

We do not sow.

To all orgahs I honor you all.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

So many a couple of people GH for starting the mafia games, and everyone else who plays them(Sasaki, Andres, Omanes, CR, etc. etc.) and all the guys in the chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tsk, tsk. I do agree with most of the nominations, particularly Martok, GH, Omanes, and, of course, Tosa. However, upon looking through the thread, I was most surprised that nobody mentioned lady Frogbeastegg, whose contributions to the Org are near unparalleled. I would also like to nominate Adrian II, and Mithrandir, the latter of whom has shown nothing short of devotion to the great and mighty camel.
    Last edited by seireikhaan; 07-22-2007 at 21:16.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Amphibious Trebuchet Salesman Member Whacker's Avatar

Guys, thanks for all your contributions. Just a quick friendly reminder, this isn't a "like list" or a namedrop thread, this is for you guys to post about Orgahs who've had significant positive impacts on YOU individually.

Cheers all!

"Justice is the firm and continuous desire to render to everyone
    that which is his due."
    - Justinian I

Fragony has changed our lives

heh

Whom I appreciate regarding the Org? Hmm, well... I am to appreciate anyone who is to be appreciated. This is usually in doses of small appreciation for one reason or another. That should answer the question adequately.

If we are to be more specific as in...
    this is for you guys to post about Orgahs who've had significant positive impacts on YOU individually.
    ...then I would have to say there personally is no-one I could refer to. A few may have possibly neared it (consciously or unconsciously), but if my being was not receptive of significant positive impact then there has factually been no Orgah who has significant positive impact on me.

My stay here, of course, has also not been so long. By heart I estimate half a year. Perhaps in the future?
    Emotion, passions, and desires are, thus peace is not.
    Emotion: you have it or it has you.

---

Pay heed to my story named The Thief in the Mead Hall.
    No.

---

Check out some of my music.

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo's Ghost
    Very true.

Thanks partner.
    Humbled.

Honored.

Embarrassed.

Let me give a shout out to the Entrance Hall self-appointed welcoming crew:

Garcilaso de la Vega el Inca

Andres

Omanes Alexandrapolites

Warmaster Horus

Martok

There are dozens of other guys I haven't mentioned, and I'm sorry for that. But those Fantastic 5 never miss an opportunity to greet, with friendliness and encouragement, any newly-registered member here. That's herculean work, fellas. Thanks.

Your efforts insure that everybody is paid attention, however huge or minisicule their contribution may be, and gives appropriate value to that contribution. Thanks again, guys.

Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Tribes: The funniest poster around, and one whom constantly manages to get people angry, in a light hearted and "everybody cares" kinda way.

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Let me give a shout out to the Entrance Hall self-appointed welcoming crew
    Thank you so much Kukri.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

There are many, many more, but I'd just like to drop one name: froggy

Without fbe's guide for MTW, I would never have come to this forum, nor stayed.

She's got a lot to answer for
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stig
    Fragony has changed our lives

heh
    Owwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Well I am going to praise the backroom moderators, who don't only make us look civilised but act as ringmasters as well, especially BG and Kukri go way beyond the call of duty. And special hurray for Ser Clegane who goes through tremendous lenghts to really get into the matter at hand. Being a fair moderator gets you into interesting places doesn't it Ser

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Don't now where to start...

Here we go:

- Everybody who contributed to my Should I become a parent? thread. Really, at that time I was having alot of doubts and this thread has helped me alot. A very big thank you Don Corleone, Fragony, Beirut, Lemur, Big King Sanctaphrax, KukriKhan, Seamus Fermanagh, InsaneApache, Ichigo, Hosakawa Tito, The Stranger, Wakizashi, Bijo, English assassin, Tamur, Garcilaso de la Vega el Inca, ShadeHonestus, Vladimir . I am truly gratefull for every single contribution made in that thread

- Thank you all members of the Dutch speaking 'gang' who brightened up many a day with the sometimes extremely funny conversations in the TYOLT: The Stranger, Stig, Moros, Fragony, Dutch_guy, Drisos and TosaInu, I hereby thank you for all the good times we had thus far in the TYOLT and please, keep up the nons worthy contributions.

- Thank you Martok, Ludens, Mithrandir, Moros and The Stranger for welcoming me at the Org and making me feel at home from the very beginning of my membership.

- Thank you Ichigo for being the funny guy he is.

- Thank you Martok, Omanes, Warmaster and Caius for being such incredibly friendly and nice guys.

- Thank you Kralizec and Seamus Fermanagh for introducing me to .Org mafia games.

- Thank you all you mafia players, it is thnx to you that it has become one of my favourite "complete waste of time"-activities: thank you GeneralHankerchief, Sasaki Kojiro, Sigurd Fafnesbane, Ichigo, Stig, Omanes Alexandrapolites, Warmaster Horus, pevergreen, greaterkhaan, Seamus Fermanagh, Dutch_guy, Proletariat, Crazed Rabbit, Kommodus, Pannonian, Redleg, Don Corleone, Husar, TwilightBlade, Xdeathfire, Tran, CountArach, Caius (aka Garcilaso), etc etc... (sorry to those I forgot, you can lynch/kill me round 1 in the next big mafia game for that )

- Thank you Husar (my favourite German!), Whacker, disco, Spartakus, Sigurd, Fizzil and Ichigo for some hilarious conversations in the chat.

- Thank you Caravel/Cambryses II and Louis VI the Fat for alot of good laughs. You both have a different style and sense of humor, but my god, you guys are hilarious.

- Thank you Kukrikhan for being the impersonification of what the .Org is about: a friendly, warm, helpfull, civilised and nice community of people who happen to like playing the same sort of games.

- Thank you frogbeastegg for your outstanding guide and your funny stories in the Mead Hall.

- Thank you Sasaki Kojiro, Beirut, BKS, Mithrandir and Proletariat for outstandingly moderating my favourite parts of the Org, namely the Gameroom, the Frontroom and the Entrance Hall.

- Thank you Vladimir for the beer thread.

- Thank you Whacker for this thread.
    Last edited by Andres; 07-25-2007 at 14:17.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

I feel forgotten.

Need a bit of Fraggoooneey to change my life.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast