Thread: Spql Aar!!!

Default Spql Aar!!!

I am thinking of writing an AAR for my SPQL (Senatus Populus Que Lusotanna), my current Lusotanna faction with Roma as the capital (!!!). Starting date would be after the Arveni reform or when I finally get to recruit the badass superheavy vasci infantry (can anyone tell me how??).

But I don't know how to get snapshots, and how to post it online. Sorry I am really a noob. How do I do it?

Default Re: Spql Aar!!!

If nobody's going to help I will. I use fraps you can download it here http://www.fraps.com/download.php

And for uploading images work with http://www.imageshack.us/

Upload the screenshot and copy the link you get and paste it here and thats it
    "I should like to see any power of the world destroy this race, this small tribe of unimportant people, whose history is ended, whose wars have been fought and lost, whose structures have crumbled, whose literature is unread, whose prayers are no longer answered.... For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia!

William Saroyan, 1935.

High kings of the Mountains: A Hayasdan AAR

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

easier program to use than fraps: http://www.irfanview.com/
    all you have to do is open up the screenshot which you took, which is in the TGAS folder, then "save as" then you can choose which format to save it as, preferably .jpg, which is what i do.

you can even then later open upo the picture in "paint" or some other program, and add stuff like blood to make the pscreenshot cooler than it really is.... lol!
    heres an example, along with a comment by the person subject to the slash:
    https://i199.photobucket.com/albums/...Copyof0006.jpg
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

But if you want to take screenshots fraps is the easiest way to do it and then you should you Infranview to cut open the pics and cut away the parts you don't want
    "I should like to see any power of the world destroy this race, this small tribe of unimportant people, whose history is ended, whose wars have been fought and lost, whose structures have crumbled, whose literature is unread, whose prayers are no longer answered.... For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia!

William Saroyan, 1935.

High kings of the Mountains: A Hayasdan AAR

Loool!!!!! SPQL!!!!!

The coolest thing is that existed one kind of "Lusotannan Senate". If I'm not wrong when Sertorius (an roman general) united most of the Iberia with Lusotannan's help to fight agaisnt Sula's faction created an senate very similar to the Roman one. Is main error was make it most of Romans, some of them useless idiots that losed lots of battles and betraied him, dont make the same mistake.

PS: Historicians, please correct me if I'm wrong, this info was taked from an portuguese historical based fiction book not from an pure historical book.

Weee!Thanks a lot guys. I will be back with a prologue soon.

Okay here is my preview:

SPQL AAR (until I get ideas for a title)

Prologue:
    We were shepherds. We were farmers. We were warriors. But now we are kings!!!

Long ago we are 'barbarians' living off the meadows of distant Spain. We lived as simple farmers and hunter-gatherers. life was harsh, but good. But our fathers grew increasingly tired of the presence of the greedy Carthaginians. They took our lands, exploited our mines and enslaved our people as soldiers to fight the Romans to the west. All for no thanks save for constant fear that they would come back and take more from us that is not rightfully theirs.

We grew tired of being 'allies' to these Carthaginian hounds. Our people marched out, lead by our great king who now rests in peace beneath the grounds of our magnificient palace. We then marched, or rather, rode to slaughter every single pheonician on the face of the earth.

The Carthaginian army were extremely numerous. They had mercenaries from all across the world, many of which were of our own blood. But that meant nothing to us, mighty warriors of Lusotanna.

Our numbers were very few, but our might was supreme. For every Carthaginian soldier who slew one of us, we slew back 20. For all the money they could muster to hire more mercenaries, they could not hold back any longer and retreat to their mining colonies at the edge of Iberia.

We showed no mercy. We sieged their cities. We utterly destroyed their remaining troops. We massacred everyone including fellow lusotannan folk who worked under the Carthaginian dogs. We skinned alive their diplomat who begged for mercy. We displayed brutality of epic proportions to let them remember what it means to trouble us Lusotannans. They evidently got the message and bothered us no more.

We seized our gold mines back. We became rich from the trade. But we are still not satisfied. We look around and seen that there are lands in abundance. Lands filled with riches. Lands filled with weaklings. Lands ripe for conquest!

We marched across Europa. We slaughtered the Arveni - people who put funny paints on their faces but never a good fight. Then we marched towards Italy.

The Romans put up a horrible fight. Just as the Carthaginians, the majority of their units consist of barely trained levies and undisciplined Gallic mercenaries. No match for seasoned veterans such as us.

They put up a long fight. Not a good fight, but long. Eventually after a decade they could not stand up to our might and fled to the mountains. Cowards.

Every Italian we see was put to the guillotine, with the exception of the Samniti who proved to be very loyal and strong allies. They now are granted status as citizens equal to that of the Romano-Lusotanna. We only spared enough of those to work as slaves in the estates, ports and mines across our empire. We dismantled the Senate and replaced it with SPQL - Senatus Populusque Que Lusotanna, as the sign of our soverignity as well as to mock these Romani dogs who know lurk at the Alps - sneaking around trying to sneak through our venerable fortresses.

We are no longer simple farmers. We are now incredibly rich elites, ruling over Romani, Carthaginian and Gallic slaves. We proved ourselves to be the supreme over Europa. That you should be proud of, my children.

Still, we can not rest comfortably, knowing that the remnants of the Arveni and the Romani still disturb us at the northern borders of our empire. It is up to you, dear children, to take the spear and the horse and end the threat for once and for all.

You have all the gold in the world for your disposal. And furthermore, in Vellike, we have established a barracks for training the most fearsome heavy infantry the world has ever seen. Our Samniti allies will be more than eager to join you in your campaign. The siege engines in Massalia is at your disposal, if you require. In short, you have all the resources it takes to conquer all of Europa.

Now go, my children. Make us proud. For Lusotanna!

Sorry. My english is pretty bad. But I hope you enjoy it.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Spql Aar!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan_Centurion
    The coolest thing is that existed one kind of "Lusotannan Senate". If I'm not wrong when Sertorius (an roman general) united most of the Iberia with Lusotannan's help to fight agaisnt Sula's faction created an senate very similar to the Roman one. Is main error was make it most of Romans, some of them useless idiots that losed lots of battles and betraied him, dont make the same mistake.

PS: Historicians, please correct me if I'm wrong, this info was taked from an portuguese historical based fiction book not from an pure historical book.
    You are quite correct, although it was a Roman senate-in-exile, not a Lusotanian one. It was understood that the Lusotanians fought as Roman subjects against the illegal regime in Rome.

Sertorius' was a brilliant general, and despite being seriously outnumbered, he managed to inflict a few stinging defeats on his opponents, one of whom was the later Pompey Magnus. However, whereas Pompey could replace his loses, Sertorius couldn't, and as long as Pompey and colleague held their forces together Sertorius couldn't beat them. Sertorius was slowly driven back, eventually despaired of ever achieving victory. One night, when he was drunk, a member of his senate, a certain Perpedna, had Sertorius killed and seized control. He was completely incompetent as a general though, and the rebellion was swiftly crushed.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Quote Originally Posted by Karo
    But if you want to take screenshots fraps is the easiest way to do it and then you should you Infranview to cut open the pics and cut away the parts you don't want
    thats why there is a "print screen" button..... you dont need fraps....
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

I thoroughly enjoyed that prologue! Well written slim_ghost!
    I think that is a brilliant concept for an AAR, I hope to read much more!
    "Every good barbarian is a Greek, and every bad Greek is worse than a barbarian" - Megas Alexandros

Please read my Getic AAR:
    On Mighty Getia: Commentaries on the Pan-Thracian Empire

Quote Originally Posted by hooahguy14
    thats why there is a "print screen" button..... you dont need fraps....
    yeh if u want to press print screen, minimize EB, load paint, copy it and save it then reload EB again. FRAPS is by far the easiest way to take screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by pseudocaesar
    yeh if u want to press print screen, minimize EB, load paint, copy it and save it then reload EB again. FRAPS is by far the easiest way to take screenshots.
    what are u talking about? i never had to do that and i have wonderful screenshots! they are stored in the "tgas" folder in the RTW folder, if you didnt know.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Spql Aar!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hooahguy14
    what are u talking about? i never had to do that and i have wonderful screenshots! they are stored in the "tgas" folder in the RTW folder, if you didnt know.
    For many people, including yours truly, this doesn't work: the screenshots turn out entirely black. This is apparently related to the anti-aliasing setting. FRAPS also has the advantage that you don't need to convert your screenshots before uploading them.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!