Thread: Can you add to the in-game helper?

Default Can you add to the in-game helper?

Could you add new commands/prompts/whatever to the in-game advisor in battles and the campaign map? Have commands explaining EB-specific things such as nomadic governments, dual ports and regional MICs. That way, the mod would be more novice-friendly, and wouldn't rely on the player reading the forums etc. for information.

The advisor might be hardcoded, I don't know, but if not, then I think this would be a very useful edition to the mod, especially with regards to encouraging casual gamers to try it.

Default Re: Can you add to the in-game helper?

Of course we could, but we don't have the manpower to do this. Its far easier (though more annoying) to answer the same questions over and over again.

But if a fan wanted to help in that department, we would be more than happy.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Though I believe work is / was being done regarding Reform Notifications...
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

I could edit the file with the advisor prompts in it if you like, and add new ones, as long as it's nothing too complicated (i.e. I can't insert triggers etc. for it, just write the commands themselves), but I wouldn't be a good voice actor.

You don't need to add voice files, IIRC. You could pick a generic one, use it as a dummy for all entries if need be, though.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

So it works like text-to-speech?
    Last edited by I Am Herenow; 05-25-2017 at 00:11.

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Herenow
    Could you add new commands/prompts/whatever to the in-game advisor in battles and the campaign map? Have commands explaining EB-specific things such as nomadic governments, dual ports and regional MICs. That way, the mod would be more novice-friendly, and wouldn't rely on the player reading the forums etc. for information.
    With a single exception (the EB background script activation reminder) all appearences of the advisor are controlled by script. This is something that the EB team would have to handle and, as Foot says, we don't currently have the resources to apply to this issue.
    The truth is the most valuable thing we have. Let us economize it. - Mark Twain