Thread: haysadan elephants?

Default haysadan elephants?

is it possible to get elephants as the haysadan? can you recruit them or hire them as mercs anywhere?

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

Default Re: haysadan elephants?

Quote Originally Posted by KARTLOS
    is it possible to get elephants as the haysadan? can you recruit them or hire them as mercs anywhere?
    The answer is no and no.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

thanks

Shouldn't elephants be a regional troop for almost all factions? I think any faction that would have conquered Indus valley would have started using elephants in warfare, at least in the region.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaatu
    Shouldn't elephants be a regional troop for almost all factions? I think any faction that would have conquered Indus valley would have started using elephants in warfare, at least in the region.
    i would deffinately agree. any chance of that being changed?

it provides a decent incentive for far off factions to make the trip to india.

And why not in numidia (or the right Africa province) too? Even romans that were oposed to the elephant use in battles (and that extinted the forest elephants just for fun ) used them some times. Why shouldnt it be able to everyone that conquers numidia or india? Maybe with more turns to recruit or an bigger price.

Handler of candles Member Xehh II's Avatar

I have a similar question. Can the Saba recruit elephanrs? I noticed the elephant resourse in Qataban.
    A ha ha! Rainbows and unicorns! Rainbows and unicorns!

Quote Originally Posted by Xehh II
    I have a similar question. Can the Saba recruit elephanrs? I noticed the elephant resourse in Qataban.

I think you can get them in Axum as Saba(read somewhere on forums) , but never i tried so don't me hold for it.

Quote Originally Posted by mlp071
    I think you can get them in Axum as Saba(read somewhere on forums) , but never i tried so don't me hold for it.
    But Qataban has the Elephant resource.
    Last edited by Xehh II; 07-21-2007 at 17:12.

But Qataban has the Elephant resource.
    What you can try is:

save game , then give yourself alot of money ("add_money ")so you can build all recruitment buildings, and use "process_cq <name of the town>" comand in console.

That way you can build all lvls in one turn to see what exactly you can recruit there.

When you done , just reload your playing savegame.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

The Elephant Resource represents an Ivory Trading Station in EB. It doesn't necessarily mean that there will be elephants in that region. There are no elephants in Arabia.

But if there's ivory, there's elephants, and any sane person would train them instead of killing them.

not true the arabian peninsula was a major trade hub with punt (east africa) for gold, ebony, slaves, ivory, and mainly incense throughout history.
    Last edited by Khazar_Dahvos; 07-22-2007 at 06:16.

IDK - in a Romani campaign in .81a v2 I built the level 2 regional MIC in North Africa, and could recruit elephants (they were recruitable in 2 different settlements and I had the highest possible level of government there, which was Type II IIRC). So I'd assume that all factions could get elephant regionals in North Africa with the right buildings, although I'm not sure.

In fact, are there some factions that don't have regional MICs at all?

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Herenow
    IDK - in a Romani campaign in .81a v2 I built the level 2 regional MIC in North Africa, and could recruit elephants (they were recruitable in 2 different settlements and I had the highest possible level of government there, which was Type II IIRC). So I'd assume that all factions could get elephant regionals in North Africa with the right buildings, although I'm not sure.
    Your assumption would be wrong, not all factions can get elephants.

In fact, are there some factions that don't have regional MICs at all?
    No, all factions have regional MICs. nomad factions don't have factional MICs.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Questor of AI revenue. Member The Errant's Avatar

Saba can train elephants. But not in the Arabian peninsula despite the resource (Which as already mentioned represents the ivory brought over from Africa).

Saba has access to both African and Indian elephants. The former trough factional MICs in Axum, Meroe and Ptolemais-Theron. The second trough reagional MICs in Sind, Pura, Patala and some of the other easternmost Persian provinces.

Axum in Ethiopia on the african side is the fifth Homeland region of the Sabaeans and the primary recruitment center for the Ethiopian auxilaries. Which are damn good btw. Ethiopian Agema and two types of african elephants.

Personally I believe that those factions that get the elephants as either factional or regional troops already have them. Some might be made into merc. units though. Horrendously expensive to recruit and maintain off course.

"If you listen, carefully. You can hear the Gods laughing."

Last words of Emperor Commodus. From "The Fall of the Roman Empire".

Quote Originally Posted by Foot
    Your assumption would be wrong, not all factions can get elephants.

No, all factions have regional MICs. nomad factions don't have factional MICs.

Foot
    foot,

what do you think of the suggestion that all factions should eventually be able to get elephants.

i would have thought it was fairly logical that any faction which took over from carthage in north africa or established themselves in india would start to incorporate elephants into their armies, at least as prestige weapons if nothing else.

Why didn't you guys make elephants regional troops in the first place?