Thread: Wee little problem.

Default Wee little problem.

And by wee, I mean not so wee, but you got that already. :P

Anyway, I got MTW2, and I installed it, and it works pretty fine I'd say at least when it comes to speed/specs/yadiyadi. My system is above the requirements. However, I have this irritating problem.

When I am in campaign mode, particularly during the time after I click the 'End Turn' command, there's some weird screen that appears. It says stuff like 'Battle Objectives', and it shows all sorts of commands, above there, the console screen appears at the same time(the one you get when you type '~'). When that happens, more often than not, it crashes me to the last save.

And it's infinitely worse when I am in the battle mode. Every minute or so, heck, every thirty seconds, that exact same thing happens. And then, it accelerates the battle to 6 times the normal speed. So you can see the bloody inconvenience.

At first, I thought it was because I didn't have the latest patch(having gotten the game yesterday), so I got that. Of course, I had already modified the game to unlock all factions, so I had to uninstall, and reinstall. I did that, put in the patch right, and then did the all faction unlock thing. I wiped it again, and restarted from scratch, and didn't modify anything except installing the patch. Still the same thing.

Can someone help me with this please and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Grand Duke of Zilch Member supadodo's Avatar
    I'm Asian, pick a country in Asia. Most of us look alike anyway.

Default Re: Wee little problem.

Check your system.log for any errors, not that may help anything but at least you can identify anything that may cause it.

If not, check your desc_strat. I hope you cut and paste the factions and not copy and paste it.

If nothing works..maybe the files in your disc is corrupted.
    Weird Facts I have contemplated

-Thesaurus is not a species of dinosaur.
    -Potassium is not found in potatoes.
    -Its Naples, not Nipples.
    -All roads certainly do not lead to Rome. Does your state highway link you to it?
    - Dog is God spelled backwards but praying to dogs is a bit stupid.
    - Fart is Hydrogen Sulfide with methane and oxygen and is indeed flammable.
    - Igniting a fart is painful.

Do you have any keys mapped? Some programs let you map keys like this game does and if you have it running in the back ground you could have a single button doing many things? Jest a thought. SadCat

blaaaaaaaaaarg! Senior Member Lusted's Avatar

Do you have a wireless keyboard?

Did you use the disc playing frisbee golf?

The disc shouldn't be corrupted because I just got the game 2 days ago, so unless I did something incredibly stupid with it, that shouldn't be it.

There is a chance it might be the keyboard key mapping thing because whenever I press the 'mute' key, it always happens(it's also tied into the sound since everytime it happens it does the opposite of what it's currently set at to the sound. If the 'mute'(inside the game) button is pressed, it unmutes, and vice versa). And yes, I do have a wireless keyboard.

This is a stupid question, not that experienced with this I guess, what/where exactly is 'system.log', is it a game feature?
    Last edited by aleh; 07-20-2007 at 13:08.

blaaaaaaaaaarg! Senior Member Lusted's Avatar

There is a chance it might be the keyboard key mapping thing because whenever I press the 'mute' key, it always happens(it's also tied into the sound since everytime it happens it does the opposite of what it's currently set at to the sound. If the 'mute'(inside the game) button is pressed, it unmutes, and vice versa). And yes, I do have a wireless keyboard.
    People have reported problems like this using wireless keyboards with the game, just update to the latest drivers and it should fix the problem.

It'll be the keyboard, then.

If you don't have drivers installed, install them; if you do, uninstall them (NB will result in loss of functionality)

^^ Do what Lusted said

It is, afaik, an issue to do with that, so changing the status quo in that regard ought to work
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Thank you very much folks, that seems to have solved the problem.