Thread: M2TW The Chivalrous King (need to work on name)

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

Default M2TW The Chivalrous King (need to work on name)

I have had this idea for a game for a while now and I suppose the Throne Room is the most appropriate for it.

Basically in the game, everyone plays their own campaign for a set number of turns and then when it ends, people tally up the number of points they have received to determine the winner. It will be heavily recommended for people to post updates on their campaign.

Everyone must be an extremely chivalrous king, but sadly being chivalrous means that you are too naive and will get disposed by your advisors in 40 turns. In that amount of time, you must assemble the greatest chivalrous kingdom ever amassed, but that has restrictions.

1. You may not take any city unless its citizens are being oppressed, meaning that it is in revolt under 70% happiness.
    2. Castles can be taken only if you give your enemy a chance and besiege for 3 turns at least.
    3. You must build the highest level church building and town hall building line before switching to any other buildings.
    4. You may not attack any army unless its either in you own territory or under a territory of a city under revolt. Any other armies cannot be attacked, but you are allowed to defend yourself if necessary.
    5. You must not exterminate or sack any city as well as release all prisoners.
    6. Being the kind king you are, no army of yours will move away from your territory if it has miltia troops. Should you not start off with a castle, you can use militia troops outside of your territory until you get one, but these militia armies are limited to less than 10 units.
    7. You must obey all alliances and not break them for at least 10 turns. Ceasfires last 2 turns at least. Furthermore, you may not attack any faction unless they are the factions listed under the requirments for the short campaign.
    8. Every city you have must be above 100% happiness. If it is not, no buildings may be built until 100% is achieved.
    9. Spies and asssasins can be used, but they are used secretly by your treacherous advisors. Your king or faction heir cannot get the master of thieves or assasins trait. If he does, he must go on a suicide mission and kill himself.
    10. No bribing is allowed. You dont believe that money can buy favor.
    11. All papal commands must be obeyed unless it goes against an alliance.
    12. Believing the best commander must set an example, you may not attack armies unless you have a general in command, or defending from a city that is within 2 blocks away from a city or castle.
    13. All diplomatic offers must be done with at least a generous rating.
    14. Finally, no crusades or jihads may be joined because your family has a terrible genetic disease that makes you terribly sick when far away from your homeland.

Here is the point system:

5 points for every settlement you capture other than your starting ones.
    5 points for every alliance that has been held for at least 20 turns
    2 point for every cross you have on the papal relations or if you are orthodox or muslim, 2 points for every priest with higher than 6 piety.
    1 point for every chivalry and piety thing on your king.
    3 points for every faction you have a perfect relationship with for more than 3 turns.
    Finally, 2 points for every level of reputation you have that is above the starting.

The final logistics here:

1.2 M2TW used
    No mods of any kind
    No reload or use of bugs
    VH/VH mode used
    Every city you take must be accompanied with screenshot of its unrest right before sieging
    Saves at end turn must be sent to me every 8 turns

This is all that I can remember for now, but what do you guys think. Is this too complicated and will it be viable??
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

Peter von Kastilien - RIP Member gibsonsg91921's Avatar

Default Re: M2TW The Chivalrous King (need to work on name)

i guess different threads for each dudes campaign would make this easy.

i'm in!
    The late Emperor Peter von Kastilien the Tyrant, Lamm der Wahrheit.

Join Capo de Tutti Capi II! It's totally amazing!

This is just a draft of the rules. The game isnt final and I'm just asking for some critique or suggestions. The earliest this game will start would be like 2nd week of August because I'm going on vacation for a while and wont have access to a computer daily
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

ok one thing i noticed is that this game seems easier for catholics cuz they get the popeometer to gain points. its not easy to get 6 piety priests all over the place

VH/VH mode used
    I'm out

Sounds cool, but as I said, nothing for me

cmon stig ur a much better general than most of the KOTRs. or are u afraid of the campaign?

The last bit, the AI pwns me on the campaign map

The priest part is kinda absuvie so I set it at 6 piety. I can picture people just pumping out tons of priests or imams and then send it to far off lands. My god squads when a catholic commonly have tons of high piety priests.

I might just make it instead have non catholics get 2 points for every province they have above a certain percentage of their religion.

Stig, I dont think vh/vh will be that hard, but I guess with these restraints it might be. I might set up a poll to see what difficulty people want so dont dismiss joining this right away

I could always spam spies and cause cities to revolt, so perhaps a ban on spies would be in order?

Anyway, I think I shall be in.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg