Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The War of The Spanish Succession/Great Northern War

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Default Re: The War of The Spanish Succession/Great Northern War

A.Can't really find anything about it.

B. Consists of mostly large Junker estates controlled by the nobles. The government collected l,533,000 thalers in 1689 from taxes. The government's monopolies on such things as salt and silk helped them increase the size of the standing army over the years. The army was used in turn to build structures and things like canals, ect.

C. The Army 80000 well trained proffesional soldiers and the navy I haven't found yet most likely extremely small.

D. None that I'm aware of other than the fact that Brandenburg is cut off from Prussia because of Poland's ownership of the strip of land between them. Also, the fact that Brandenburg is surrounded by powerful states: France, Austria, Poland, and Sweden.

I couldn't find anything about the Diplomacy of the time or about the navy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

I am going to split England and The Netherlands, Stig can have first choice on which one he wants.

Don sorry to hear you won't be playing, Banquno sweden is open for you if you want it.
    Last edited by Lord Winter; 07-26-2007 at 01:13.
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

I'll be watching, following along and learning. If you need somebody to play the Barbary Pirates, I'm your man. Just really don't have the time to put into it that it deserves. I think 1 IA at a time should be my rule for a while, till I get my legs, if you will.
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Is there a set date to start this or is it just until everyone finishes their searching? Also, if anyone has any information on the diplomatic situation or navy size of Brandenburg-Prussia could I have a link or PM message?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

Bavaria

Leader

Maximilian II Emanuel
    Maximilian II Emanuel (July 11, 1662 - February 26, 1726) was a Wittelsbach ruler of Bavaria and an elector (Kurfürst) of the Holy Roman Empire. He was also the last Governor of the Spanish Netherlands and duke of Luxembourg. An able soldier, his ambition led to conflicts that limited his ultimate dynastic achievements.

He was born in Munich to Ferdinand Maria, Elector of Bavaria and Henriette Adelaide of Savoy (d.1676). His maternal grandparents were Victor Amadeus I of Savoy and Christine Marie of France. Christine Marie was the second daughter of Henry IV of France and his second wife Marie de' Medici.
    House of Wittelsbach
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Regional Titles Owned:
    Elector of the Holy Roman Empire
    Duke of Bavaria
    Governor of the Spanish Netherlands

Bavaria Info
    Its capital if Munich. It borders Austria and the region of Switzerland. Also borders Hesse.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

(From Wikipedia)

Diplomatic Stance
    Is allied with France.
    Is allied with Spain.
    bad Relations with Austria,Britain and the Ottoman Empire.
    Good relations with Brandenburg-Prussia.
    Neutral with everyone else.

Economic Situation

Bavaria is flourshing, having just entered into a alliance with France, and closely allied with Spain because of marriage. The economy is enough to sustain Bavaria for many more years.

I could not find exact details.

Bavarian Military

Bavarian Orders
    The principle orders and decorations of the Kingdom of Bavaria for military personnel were, for officers, the Military Order of Max Joseph and the Order of Military Merit and, for non-commissioned officers and enlisted personnel (including officer candidates), the gold and silver Military Merit Medals and the Military Merit Cross. Unlike several German states, Bavaria had no decoration which was awarded without regard to rank (and thus comparable to the Prussian Iron Cross).
    In addition to these awards, the Kingdom of Bavaria had a number of other orders . Among these were the Order of St. Hubertus (Haus-Ritter-Orden vom heiligen Hubertus), Bavaria's highest order, founded in 1444 and revived in 1708; the Order of St. George (Militärischer Haus-Ritter-Orden vom heiligen Georg), founded in 1729; the Merit Order of St. Michael (Verdienstorden vom heiligen Michael), founded in 1693 and revived in 1837 as Bavaria's principle peacetime merit order for services to the Crown; and the Merit Order of the Bavarian Crown (Verdienstorden der Bayerischen Krone), founded in 1808. More on these orders may be found here. Another order, although military, is not covered here due to its rarity, though I hope to remedy that at some point. This is the Military Medical Order (Militär-Sanitäts-Orden).
    (From www.home.att.net)

I can't find anything on bavaria's Military.

Post Re: The War of The Spanish Succession/Great Northern War

I'm very sorry to inform you that I'll be away for about ten days. If you could wait for me to return, it would be great. If not, then feel free to replace me if you so wish. My sincere appologies for any inconvenience caused.

Ruler
    Peter the Great has been our ruler since 1682. He ascended to the throne the death of his weak and sickly half brother - Ivan V. His early reign has been eventful with many wars and conquests, especially against the Ottoman Empire and the Swedes. He dreams of revolutionising our country into a modern, significant, European power - based upon the styles of the West.

Diplomatic Stances
    Russia is currently at war with Sweden.
    Poor relations exist with the Ottoman Empire whom we have been at war with for many years previously. Most of the fighting was over ownership of Ukraine and the Crimea. Currently, a twenty year ceasefire exists and will expire in 1719.
    Attempts have been made to ally with England, The Netherlands and Brandenburg. These were cut short when a plot was launched against our ruler, Peter the Great.
    We are currently allied in the "Anti-Turkish League" with Poland and Austria.

Economic strength
    Russia economy is poor. Although we are a large country we have a rather small population and very few people live in our rather small towns. Our grain yields are far behind those of the West, forcing most of our population to farm rather than work in any industries. We are, however, implementing large taxes upon peasants and on similar classes to create a larger national income.

Army and Naval Organization
    Peter the Great, our Tsar, has modernised our military forces to a more Western European style. Our army is 300,000 strong and is made up of men conscripted into our forces for life by our feudal system. The majority of them are, however, poorly equipped. We have one naval base which allows us access into the Black Sea.

Russia's Problems
    Our country's farming output is poor and our economy is not modernised like that of the west - we are still using a form of the outdated feudal system, which is not used in most modern European countries. Also the lower classes are dissatisfied with the high taxation and lack of freedom, the state has extreme control over almost everything, which has resulted in several uprisings over the past few decades. One of which almost resulted in the fall of our dynasty. Due to our rather primitive outlook, we are considered to be a backward and outdated state. We will need to update our systems if we are to survive economically in the contemporary world - we are reassured, however, that Peter the Great and his ambitions will solve many of these problems and aid us in reforming and improving our economy and it's outdatedness.

Sorry if this isn't quite right - I can't seem to find much on Russia's history.
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 07-26-2007 at 18:12.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Humanist Senior Member Franconicus's Avatar

My spies reported to me the strength of Bavaria and Brandenburg. Please tell me, if I am wrong!

Brandenburg-Preußen:

Army in peacetime: 7,000
    At war: 15,000 – 30,000
    (it was increased to 80,000 after 1713, but in 1700, money was tight and the army had to be reduced to 20,000.)

20% of this was cavalry; each regiment (728 men) had 5 squadrons with 2 companies; there were cuirassiers and dragoons; maybe 6,000 cavalry in total

Infantry: 20 regiments (one regiment about 1,000, I guess!)

Kurbrandenburgische Navy:

Fregatte "Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde" (50 Kanonen)
    Fregatte „Dorothea” (40 Kanonen)
    Fregatte „Rother Löwe” (20 Kanonen)
    Fregatte „Carolus Secundus” (50 Kanonen)
    Fregatte „Kurprinz von Brandenburg”
    Fregatte „Chur Prinz” (36 Kanonen)
    Fregatte „Morian”
    Fregatte „Wappen von Brandenburg”
    Yacht „Bracke”
    Yacht „Große Jacht”
    „Wasserhund”
    Fregatte „Berlin“ (15 Kanonen)
    „Fuchs” (20 Kanonen) „Einhorn” (12 Kanonen)
    „Printz Ludwig” (10 Kanonen) „Falke” (4 Kanonen)
    „Jean Baptista” (4 Kanonen) „Marie” (4 Kanonen)
    „Spandau” (4 Kanonen)
    „Stern” (6 Kanonen)
    „Princesse Maria” (12 Kanonen)

Colonies:
    A base at the Gold Coast: Fort Groß Friedrichsburg; from there the Brandenburgische Afrikanische Handelskompanie shipped slaves to St. Thomas in the Westindies (belonged to Denmark!).

Bavaria:

7 regiments Infantry (about 7,000 men)
    3 regiments cuirassiers (about 2,000)
    3 regiments dragoons (about 2,000)

And this is latest news from France. Tell me if you find more!

A - La Maison du Roi 13,500 in total

Les Gardes du Corps (4 companies with 400 men)
    Les Gendarmes de la Garde et les Chevau-légers (2 companies with 250 men each)
    Les Mousquetaires (2 companies – gris et noir – with 250 chevalier in each company)
    Le Grenadier à Cheval (1 company with 100 recruits – they will become grenadier officers later)
    Les Guardes Francaises (1 regiment with 6 battalions, 32 companies with 300 men each, in total 9,600 men, recruits came from Paris only!)
    Les Guardes Suisses (1 regiment with two battalions, 12 companies à 200 men; 2,400 men in total, recruits come from the 13 Swiss cantons)

B - Infantry: in total 380,000 (which grew up to 800,000 in war)

285 regiments à 1 – 4 battalions (400 - 500 men) à 13 companies (1 grenadier and 12 mosquetaires)

this included also several regiments etrangere (Wallons, Allemands, Suisses, Irlandais, Italien)

Milice had 100 battalions, had to defend interior and replace casualties of the regulars.

C - Cavalry

La Gendarmerie de France
    16 companies divided in 8 squadrons:
    • gendarmes Ecossais avec les gendarmes anglais
    • gendarmes bourguignons avec les gendarmes de Flandres
    • gendarmes de la Reine avec les chevau-légers de la Reine
    • gendarmes du Dauphin avec les chevau-légers du Dauphin
    • gendarmes de Berry avec les chevau-légers de Berry
    • gendarmes de Monsieur avec les chevau-légers de Monsieur
    • gendarmes d'Artois avec les chevau-légers d'Artois
    • gendarmes d'Orléans avec les chevau-légers d'Orléans
    First 4 squadrons were Royal and formed la grande gendarmerie.
    During peace each company had 80 men, during war 160 (-> in total 1280 to 2560)
    Les Regiments de Cavalerie:
    15 Regiments: (Aubusson, Chastelet, Commissaire General, Conty, Fitzjames, Mestre de camp Général, Noailles, Pons, Royal Cavalerie, Royal Roussillon, Cossé, Cuirassiers du Roi, La Feronnayes, Royal Carabiniers, Souastre)

D - Dragoons:

35 regiments (maybe 25,000)

E - Artillery:

Royale-Artillerie (1regiment=6 battalions=30 companies à 55 hommes, in total 1,650)
    Plus 2 companies bombardiers

Cannons:
    • canon de France de 33 £
    • demi canon d'Espagne de 24£ long
    • quart de canon d'Espagne de 12£ long
    • quart de canon de France de 8 £
    • la moyenne de 4 £
    • le fauconneau de 1/4 L
    • la pièce de 8 £ courte
    • la pièce de 4 £ courte
    • les mortiers de : 6,7,8,9,10,11,12 et 18 pouces
    An artillery battalion comprises companies of gunners, pioneers and workers.

F – Troupes Legere –Hussards et Companies franches:

There are more than 90 companies called ompanies franches. They are a mixture of grenadiers and dragoons. Combat strength was between 50 and 450.

Some where more important like les Compagnies du Languedoc with 6 battalions, which served as mountain troops in Spain and Italy.

Fortresses
    France's frontiers are protected by hundreds of fortesses. Many of them are built by the genius Vauban, including

Antibes (Fort Carré), Arras, Auxonne, Barraux, Bayonne, Belfort, Bergues, Besançon, Bitche, Blaye, Briançon, Bouillon, Calais, Cambrai, Colmars-les-Alpes, Collioure, Douai, Entrevaux, Givet, Gravelines, Huningue, Joux, Kehl, Landau, La Rochelle, Le Quesnoy, Lille, Lusignan, Le Perthus (Fort de Bellegarde), Luxembourg, Maastricht, Maubeuge, Metz, Mont-Dauphin, Mont-Louis, Montmédy, Namur, Neuf-Brisach, Perpignan, Plouezoc'h (Château du Taureau), Rocroi, Saarlouis, Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port, Saint-Omer, Sedan, Toul, Valenciennes, Verdun, Villefranche-de-Conflent (town and Fort Liberia), Ypres

He directed the building of 37 new fortresses, and fortified military harbours, including Ambleteuse, Brest, Dunkerque, Freiburg im Breisgau, Rochefort, Saint-Jean-de-Luz (Fort Socoa), Saint-Martin-de-Ré, Toulon, Wimereux, Le Portel, Cézembre

NAVY

68 ships:
    11 with less than 50 guns
    41 with less 70 guns
    15 with less than 100 guns
    1 with more than 100 guns (La Reine 104)

During the past 50 years France has made a lot of effort to improve the navy and the infrastructure. There is a new shipyard at Rocheford, another one at Brest, there is a new harbor at Cherbourg, Brest was made bigger; Dunkirk was bought.

DoH: I can send you the names of the ships, if you want to use them in your stories (only if you promise to mention them as winners, not as victims!!)
    Last edited by Franconicus; 07-30-2007 at 12:16.

gah, I just typed Holland out entirely but deleted it.

Will have to do it again, will post it later.

Sorry if this isn't quite right - I can't seem to find much on Russia's history.
    Thats fine, If I remember correctly you are not at war with the Ottomans having signed a 20 year size fire after your war to gain Azov.

Also omanes, your okay with your vacation, you can pick it up were we stoped.
    Is there a set date to start this or is it just until everyone finishes their searching? Also, if anyone has any information on the diplomatic situation or navy size of Brandenburg-Prussia could I have a link or PM message?
    I'll proably start next weakend. If you can't find any information don't worry about it.

You may want to look at this: http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk...k_william1.htm
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

I've started on my research; should have some later tonight...after I leave work

Thanks DoH for your tolerance. I've updated my original post with the information which you supplied. I appreciate it.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Nec Pluribus Impar Member SwordsMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If Russia is still free, I'll take it...
    Managing perceptions goes hand in hand with managing expectations - Masamune

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

Swordsmaster, Russia is taken by Omanes, however we still need an england and an Sweden.
    -Stephen Crane

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer of Hope
    Swordsmaster, Russia is taken by Omanes, however we still need an england and an Sweden.
    If Banquo isn't taking Sweden, I'll take them, but I thought he was taking them.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone
    If Banquo isn't taking Sweden, I'll take them, but I thought he was taking them.
    He hasn't claimed them in the thread yet. If he does he's welcome to it. I'll let you to sort it out meanwhile, I'll reserve Sweden.

EDIT: Franc, Excellent order of battle
    Last edited by Lord Winter; 07-26-2007 at 22:37.
    -Stephen Crane

L'Etranger Senior Member Banquo's Ghost's Avatar
    Hunting the Snark, a long way from Tipperary...

He hasn't claimed them in the thread yet. If he does he's welcome to it. I'll let you to sort it out meanwhile, I'll reserve Sweden.
    No, go ahead and give Sweden to the Don as originally planned. I was tempted by Russia because I know a bit about that period in their history, but it was already taken by the time I showed up.

I'm happy to read and follow the interactive. Sorry to have caused perturbations.

"If there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this one."
    Albert Camus "Noces"

Quote Originally Posted by Franconicus
    It won't! If memory serves, you're going to die soon
    Very well, and also as DoH's request, I'll play England...
    Medieval 2: Total War Guide to Traits and Retinue
    "Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair but manifestations of strength and resolution." - Khalil Gibran

World War 3 erupted in mid-1960's: NATO - Warsaw Pact Conflict multiplayer Interactive, choose one from several available countries

Okay, Sweden it is. I'll have my summary ready later today. Question... do I have to role play like Charles XII, or can I actually try to win?

Strike for the South

Try it, my friend, try it!

Then all positions are filled except Spain. Maybe Swordsmaster can do it. At least he knows the country and the history quite well!

This is what I found about the Danish and Swedish fleet at the beginning of the Great Northern War:
    Sweden had a fleet of 38 ships-of-the-line and 12 frigates, Denmark had 33 ships-of-the-line and 7 frigates
    Last edited by Franconicus; 07-27-2007 at 12:17.

Then all positions are filled except Spain. Maybe Swordsmaster can do it. At least he knows the country and the history quite well![/B]
    Negative

DoH told me that Spain will be non-player faction
    Medieval 2: Total War Guide to Traits and Retinue
    "Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair but manifestations of strength and resolution." - Khalil Gibran

World War 3 erupted in mid-1960's: NATO - Warsaw Pact Conflict multiplayer Interactive, choose one from several available countries

Blog Entries

Try it, my friend, try it!

Then all positions are filled except Spain. Maybe Swordsmaster can do it. At least he knows the country and the history quite well!

This is what I found about the Danish and Swedish fleet at the beginning of the Great Northern War:
    Sweden had a fleet of 38 ships-of-the-line and 12 frigates, Denmark had 33 ships-of-the-line and 7 frigates
    Spain was going to be the original choice, but I thought it was taken...

If at all possible, I'd like Spain and Philippe V D'Anjou.

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

Well the reason I decided on Spain be a NPF is he has a full 8 months untill ethier france or Austria gets the throne as a puppet. If I'm wrong please correct me Swordsmaster, I know you know more about spain then I do.

Meanwhile Banquno and Swordsmaster I'll put you on the replacement list in case anyone has to drop out.
    -Stephen Crane

Blog Entries

Well the reason I decided on Spain be a NPF is he has a full 8 months until ethier France or Austria gets the throne as a puppet. If I'm wrong please correct me Swordsmaster, I know you know more about spain then I do.

Meanwhile Banquno and Swordsmaster I'll put you on the replacement list in case anyone has to drop out.
    Not quite:

Actually one of the conditions of the treaty of Utrecht that ended the war was that France and Spain couldn't ever be in personal union, although they have been allied during the war.

They waged war independently as allies, and obviously a puppet of Austria would have been impossible, since they fought as enemies.

Philippe was recognised in most of Spain and France, since he was the man mentioned in Charles II will.

Yes, and he was the legal heir, too. The Spanish King had no children. However, he had two sisters. According law, the throne had to go to the son of his oldest sister - Phillipe.

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll post my ASAP. I won't be on tomarrow, Saturday, so I post my Sunday.

Crusading historian Member cegorach's Avatar

Good luck to anyone playing Poland - it was definetely the worst time in its history, so immense skills or bluffing all the time will only work here...

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

I will be England, as seeing that slot its not ocupiied.

Sorry, I didnt see twas ocuppied.
    Last edited by Caius; 07-27-2007 at 23:31.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

obviously a puppet of Austria would have been impossible, since they fought as enemies.
    But if Austria had won the throne for the Archduke Duke Charles it could have happened, (although not quite a puppet, but they would have heavy influence,)
    Spain is yours if you wish

Inca England is taken by Tran, I just havn't updated the list, I'll put you second in the waiting list.

I will be out of town starting tomamrow untill friday, I plan to have the first chapter out the following weakend.
    Last edited by Lord Winter; 07-28-2007 at 07:27.
    -Stephen Crane

Blog Entries

But if Austria had won the throne for the Archduke Duke Charles it could have happened, (although not quite a puppet, but they would have heavy influence,)
    Spain is yours if you wish

Inca England is taken by Tran, I just havn't updated the list, I'll put you second in the waiting list.

I will be out of town starting tomamrow untill friday, I plan to have the first chapter out the following weakend.
    Fabulous! Feel free to represent the dividedness of opinions by creating civil war opportunities and such, but I think you are right considering Spain not puppeted by any other powers

Some bits of info:

King: Philip V Bourbon, Duke of Anjou.
    Philip was born at Versailles. He was made the Duke of Anjou upon his birth. He was the second son of Louis, le Grand Dauphin. In the year 1700, the King of Spain, Charles II, died. Charles' will named the 17-year old Philip, the grandson of Charles' sister Maria Theresa of Spain, as his successor.

Allies:
    France and (not yet consolidated) Bourbon Spain were allied with Bavaria, Cologne and Savoy (which switched sides in 1703)

Important Figures:
    Giulio Alberoni

He was very active in furthering the accession of the French candidate for the throne of Spain, Philip V. Two years later, Vendôme having died in the interval, Alberoni was appointed consular agent for Parma at Philip's court, where he was the royal favourite, being raised at the same time to the dignity of count. On his arrival at Madrid he found the princesse des Ursins all but omnipotent with the king, and for a time he judged it expedient to use her influence in carrying out his plans. Upon the death of the Queen (Maria Luisa of Savoy), Alberoni in concert with La Trémoille arranged for a marriage in 1714 between the widowed King and Elisabetta Farnese, daughter of the Duke of Parma.

The influence of the new queen being actively exerted on Alberoni's behalf, within not much more than a year he was made a duke and grandee of Spain, a member of the king's council, appointed bishop of Málaga, and in 1715 prime minister, and was made cardinal by Pope Clement XI, under pressure from the court of Spain, in July 1717. His vigorous internal policy mixed the economic reforms of Colbert for Louis XIV with some conservative Spanish aspects: a regular mail service to the Americas was instituted, yet the school of navigation he founded was reserved for the sons of the nobility. By a series of decreees in 1717, Alberoni reduced the powers of the grandees in royal councils. His main purpose was to produce an economic revival in Spain by abolishing internal custom-houses, throwing open the trade of the Indies and reorganizing the finances along lines that had been established by the French economist Jean Orry.

Blas de Lezo y Olavarrieta

José Patiño

The Patiño family were strong supporters of the Bourbon dynasty in the War of the Spanish Succession. The elder brother Baltasar, afterwards marquis of Castelar, had a distinguished career as a diplomatist, and his son Lucas was a general of some note. José Patiño, who had been intended for the priesthood but adopted a secular career, was granted the reversion of a seat in the senate of Milan on the accession of Phillip V in 1700. but on the loss of the duchy he was transferred to Spain, and put on the governing body of the military orders in 1707.

During the War of Succession he served as intendant of Extremadura, and then of Catalonia from 1711 to 1718. In 1717 he was named intendant of the navy, which had just been reorganized on the French model. His capacity and his faculty for hard work secured him the approval of Alberoni, with whom, however, he was never on very friendly terms in private life. Patiño's Italian education, which affected his Spanish style, and caused him to fall into Italianisms all through his life, may have served to recommend him still further.

José Carrillo de Albornoz, duque de Montemar

Antonio de Gaztañeta

He was a Spanish Vice-Admiral who commanded the Spanish Mediterranean fleet.

Francisco Castillo Fajardo, 2nd Marquis of Villadarias

James FitzJames, 1st Duke of Berwick

Marie-Anne de la Trémoille, Princesse des Ursins
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie-A...sse_des_Ursins

Elizabeth Farnese

Luis Manuel Fernández de Portocarrero

Navy:
    In 1697, Spain has "Few warships, several galleons, and 15 galleys in the Mediterranean.
    In 1712 Spain has 23 ships of the line of over 50 cannon, and a large number of frigates and auxiliary vessels.
    in 1736, there were 34 ships of the line of over 60 cannon, only one of 3 bridges (Real Felipe), all of very resistant construction, combining the best of the french and english engineering (according to the Spanish navy website).

More here

The fleet contained a large number of galleys and bombardas (2 mast vessels equipped with 2 very large caliber mortars that allowed for efficient bombardment of fortifications, and defense against land troops).

Army:
    No information yet
    Last edited by SwordsMaster; 07-29-2007 at 14:00.

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

The closest I have to allies for Prussia-Brandenburg is the Alliance against the French.
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast