Thread: Is there a way to unpack only certain files with unpacker?

Default Is there a way to unpack only certain files with unpacker?

I don't want to unpack all files because of limited HD space I just want to unpack the building stat files and the unit stat files. Is there a way to do that?
    How to unpack specific files to they respective folders:
    make a new .cmd in Medieval II Total War\tools\unpacker and put this inside after you right-click edit.
    Code:
    unpacker --source="..\..\packs\*.pack" --destination=..\..\--filter=[name of file goes here w/o brackets]

Default Re: Is there a way to unpack only certain files with unpacker?

lonck,

Yup, the readme contains some instructions, none of which I found to be real helpful. BUT, someone here once posted a handy unpack.cmd (if you search you might be able to find the origional thread), so I just use the below:

unpacker --source="..\..\packs\*.pack" --destination=..\..\ --filter=export_descr_unit.txt

Put that in a text file in the unpacker folder, replace the filter with whatever your looking for (i.e. replace "export_descr_unit.txt" with whatever you want), rename the file to "unpack.cmd" and run it. Easy as pie. You can always use an astrix as well of course, so "*.txt" would unpack all the text files.

Let me know if you can't get it working.

-HomelessDepot

omg thnx sooo much.
    make a new .cmd in Medieval II Total War\tools\unpacker and put this inside after you right-click edit.
    Code:
    unpacker --source="..\..\packs\*.pack" --destination=..\..\--filter=[name of file goes here w/o brackets]

No problemo lonck, happy to help.

-HomelessDepot

another problem just arised. I think theres a command line that I have to put in the preference file to tell the game to take the exctracted files first? because I just changed the recrutment slots and it doesn't work.
    Code:

nvm I found it. We can edit or delete our own posts?
    Code:

never understood why some posts don't let users edit & delete their own posts.
    Code:

You can edit your own posts once you become a full member.

Deletion is not allowed on vB forums as deleting the first post of a thread deletes the entire thread.

Thread closed on request.
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer