Thread: The unofficial alternative music thread.

Default The unofficial alternative music thread.

A place to post your most unusual and favourite music.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-F2X5Qrgo0Y

A modern classic.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Default Re: The unofficial alternative music thread.

Last edited by Csargo; 07-22-2007 at 04:20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Shampoo - Trouble

Best song I've heard about the human condition.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

This is one of my favorite songs EVER.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3HbGh7lgM4

I like that Fragony.

Two of my favourites from Feist:

Inside and Out
    Mushaboom

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Quicksilver. WARNING: Loud!
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

The sentiment is admirable....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg6cpjBQdww

The language may leave modern day sensibilities a bit alarmed.

However; who are we to censor history?

So where is this "songs you're ashamed to like"-thread?
    This was supposed to be in there mainly because of the video(which holds all the shame).

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

You've just made me want to watch 24 Hour Party People again. Brilliant movie.
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey S
    You've just made me want to watch 24 Hour Party People again. Brilliant movie.
    Just for you.

Tony Wilson meets God!

Clan Takiyama Senior Member R'as al Ghul's Avatar

Singleplayer: Download beta_8
    Multiplayer: Download beta_5.All.in.1
    I'll build a mountain of corpses - Ogami Itto, Lone Wolf & Cub
    Sometimes standing up for your friends means killing a whole lot of people - Sin City, by Frank Miller

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Soul Coughing performing Down to This. What's not to like about a song with the chorus, "You get the ankles and I'll get the wrists"?

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache
    Just for you.

Tony Wilson meets God!

Cheers. Seeing that again made my evening.
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX2KA173bNU

"Honky Tonk Badonkadonk" title says it al

What a sexy voice. One of my favourite female artists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq_-0-YBxIs

Professional Cynic Member Innocentius's Avatar

Conflict playing Big A Little a (by Crass), not actually a cover, since Steve Ignorant was part of Crass and did the original lyrics as well. Not very good quality, but it's basically Crass live so that's ok.

This song, along with Punk is dead (also by Crass), is the defintion of punk.
    It's not easy being a man, you know. I had to get dressed today... And there are other pressures.

- Dylan Moran

The Play

Emotion, passions, and desires are, thus peace is not.
    Emotion: you have it or it has you.

---

Pay heed to my story named The Thief in the Mead Hall.
    No.

---

Check out some of my music.