Thread: Delicious candlelight dinner recepies requested

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

Default Delicious candlelight dinner recepies requested

Do any of you know a delicious romantic meal for two people... it doesnt have to be easy but rather not so hard either... no fish.

thanks in advance,
    TS

oh, InsaneApache, I want to hear a recepy from you too... :D i like discussing food with you :P

We do not sow.

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Default Re: Delicious candlelight dinner recepies requested

Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger
    ...no fish.
    Fish is romance food, boy. (Sushi especially. )

I closed the account with this one chick years back with a very simple fish recipe I got off a Julia Child cooking show. Only two ingredients. Check it out...

A boneless filet of salmon about 3" or 4" square by 1/2" to 3/4" thick.
    Raw potato grated french fry size but paper thin.

Cover each side of the salmon with a very thin layer of the potato shavings and fry it in butter until the potato is browned. The fish should not be overdone. You might want to test the cooking time before you serve it to a "guest".

Serve some veggies alongside, make it look nice, and have some wine or a light beer.

Prepare for battle.
    Unto each good man a good dog

Nobody Important Member Somebody Else's Avatar

Ye good olde fashioned roast...

Though an omelette sealed the deal for me once. At lunchtime too!
    Don't have any aspirations - they're doomed to fail.

Rumours...

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

fried turkey
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Post Re: Delicious candlelight dinner recepies requested

Spanish Potato Omelette - Serves Two
    225g Waxy Potatoes
    Salt and Black Pepper
    1/2 Red Onion
    1 Clove of Garlic
    1/2 Red Pepper
    2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
    50g Frozen Peas
    Three Large Eggs
    25g Cheddar Cheese
    1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Parsley

Peel and cube the potatoes and then cook them in boiling, salted water until tender. Then drain them. Meanwhile, peel and chop the onion and crush the garlic. Then de-seed and chop the pepper.

Heat half the oil in a large frying pan for three minutes. Add the crushed garlic, the pepper and the peas. Fry it for three minutes, and then transfer the mixture to a plate.

Heat the remaining olive oil in the pan. Add the potatoes and cook for eight minutes, stirring it while it does this. Meanwhile, beat the eggs and add the cheese to the pan containing the potatoes. Then, add the salt and black pepper. Return the onion mixture to the pan along with the parsley. Reduce the heat slightly and pour the eggs over the mixture.

Cook the omelette until the eggs have set. Loosen the edges with a palette knife, and turn it out onto a plate. You can then serve it hot or cold.

Hope this helps you, good luck with your cooking/date, cheers!
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 07-24-2007 at 08:59.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Hellpuppy unleashed Member Subedei's Avatar

Chicken à la Subedei

1 Chicken
    Marinade: Chillies [depends on how hot you wanna have it], 1 lemon, olive oil, honey, salt, pepper, 1 garlic

- mix the mariande and put it on the chicken....marinade at least 3 hrs., better overnight [for flavour and bragging.... ]

I guess U know how to cook chicken in the oven....serve with rice or rosmary potatoes & fresh salad....Well, I never got to know a lady that would say no to this dish...Good luck! + I would recommend dry red wine with it....
    “Some may never live, but the crazy never die” (Hunter S. Thompson)

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Fondue of course TS. Easy, tasty, romantic.

Senior Member Senior Member English assassin's Avatar

oh, InsaneApache, I want to hear a recepy from you too... :D i like discussing food with you :P
    Take two black puddings.... (only joking)

My tip would be choose a receipe that does not require much cooking at the time. You want to be wowing her with your witty reparte, not swearing at the frying pan.

How about pot roast poussin. I found this receipe

Ingredients
    2 poussins
    1 red pepper
    1 yellow pepper
    1 red onion
    1 lemon
    A handful of cherry tomatoes
    Spanish smoked paprika
    Olive oil
    Sea salt and pepper

Rub the paprika over the poussins so that they are well covered. Chop the peppers and onion into bite sized pieces and cut the lemon into eights. Put these into the dish with the tomatoes and poussins and sprinkle over some sea salt, pepper and olive oil. Roast at 200c for 40-50 minutes until the poussins are cooked through.
    Personnally I might replace the paprika with ground ginger (but not rubbed into the poussin), and the lemon with tamarind, whereupon this would be pretty close to a delicious iranian dish my wife cooks whose name I don't know. (the dish, not my wife)

Roast a few vegetables to have alongside and hey presto, a minimum fuss meal leaving you with plenty of time to get the mojo working.
    "The only thing I've gotten out of this thread is that Navaros is claiming that Satan gave Man meat. Awesome." Gorebag

Simulation Monkey Member The_Mark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony
    Fondue
    Mm, now I got a craving for fondue. Preferably in female company with shoddy fondue forks and a strict adherence to the traditional fondue etiquette.