Thread: How to make non-mercenary units into mercanaries and more

Default How to make non-mercenary units into mercanaries and more

Over the last few days, I have been thinking of making a mod where a couple of the units of each factions would, be able to be hired by another faction. However I am trying to think of a way to make this system balanced so that one group of mercanaries would not be overly powerful. I'm also wanting to have it so that the mercanaries that are avilbal are the ones that define, or represent the area the most so for instance England = Longbowmen. It would also help to, once I have the list of units ready to give advice on what stats to give the units. I would be very thankful to anyone who helps me out with the ideas and details for this.

Thank You,
    Mother Yoda

Default Re: How to make non-mercenary units into mercanaries and more

check the EDU file it now allows you to set a specific folder for the units textures, so for the english longbowmen to be useable for other factions just tell the EDU to look for the textures in the english faction folder

or copy it to the merc's folder

anyway creating merc's is easy, just make sure that one of the 2 above mentioned things is done so the unit-card etc is used correctly and add the unit to a merc-pool ...

G