Thread: Some strange occurences

Default Some strange occurences

Well into my KH campaign I reached a point where I had finally secured mainland Greeks. Macedon was no more, the mighty kingdom of Epeiros reduced to the city of Taras.

I turned my attention to Asia Minor, sending several spies into the land to scout out ahead of the expedition force. Well my spies came across a strange sight as they came upon the city of Ankrya it was discovered the city was occupied by none other than the....Arverni!?

Looking up on diplomacy screen I also discovered the Aedui and Arverni had formed an alliance, which proved annoying for my forces sent to conquer Illyria and disastrous for the Romani. The barbarians were rampaging through their lands reaching the city of Arretium.

...How in the world did these events occur? I mean aren't the Aedui and Arverni sworn enemies?

Megas Alexandros's heir Member Spoofa's Avatar

Default Re: Some strange occurences

Ankrya rebels to the Arverni

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Every city needs a 'founder faction' that determines appearance, recruitment, culture, etc. One of the things this also does is makes a rebelling city sometime decide to join its 'founder faction'. Galatians in Thrace and Galatia are Celts and most like the the two 'Gallic' factions for EB so they are set to Aedui and Arverni.

If peace were established in Gaul, they would have been capable of greatness. Luckly for the Romans they had many 'civil wars'. Unlucky for you and your Romans, they ended their civil war.

Reading things like this pleases me very much. EB is about alternative history and I'm happy it really happens in EB. And unlike an invasion from Mars resulting in the building of the pyramids things like such alliances could have been real.
    The queen commands and we'll obey
    Over the Hills and far away.
    (perhaps from an English Traditional, about 1700 AD)

Drum, Kinder, seid lustig und allesamt bereit:
    Auf, Ansbach-Dragoner! Auf, Ansbach-Bayreuth!
    (later chorus -containing a wrong regimental name for the Bayreuth-Dragoner (DR Nr. 5) - of the "Hohenfriedberger Marsch", reminiscense of a battle in 1745 AD, to the music perhaps of an earlier cuirassier march)

Very Interesting!!!
    Does Anyone Knows If This Could Happen Also For The Kh They Have So Many Colonies. I Would Like To Have Massalia And Recruit Massalian Hoplites.

So far, I've seen Halikarnassos, Trapezous, Olbia, Chersonesos and Emporion rebel to the KH.

Not Just A Name; A Way Of Life Member Sarcasm's Avatar

As Aedui, after going through Italy, the Carthaginians jumped the other half of Sicily and invaded me at Bruttia. Once I fought off the mainland I sent spies and assassins to Syracuse and took Messina.

After Messina was taken, I had it rebel to the KH and the same thing happened to Syracuse because of the assassins destroying happiness generating buildings, effectively creating a buffer state, and a resurgence of the Greek faction in the West (since they were kicked from Greece by the Maks).

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

-- Oscar Wilde

I noticed in several campaigns that Aedui and Arverni tends to forget their differences and get allied, when one of them is attacked by human player.

I does make sense to me, since they are same people, and you(human) are attacking their homeland.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swordmaster
    So far, I've seen Halikarnassos, Trapezous, Olbia, Chersonesos and Emporion rebel to the KH.
    And Massilia, Pantikapaion, Trapezous do it often. And Arse, Kallatis, Segesta, Kydonia, Salamis, and I think there is more, are rare.