Thread: Exploit..unwanted agents and generals

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Default Exploit..unwanted agents and generals

I may have found a way to get rid of unwanted agents and generals, but I have not had time to check it…maybe someone else has tried but you can let me know or I will get back to it when I have a moment.

As ships can be sacked any time load them on board and can the ships. It will pay off in a few turns of not having to pay the unwanted …

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

Default Re: Exploit..unwanted agents and generals

You might have an idea but without access to M2TW at the moment (office hours) I can't verify it...

Anyone else otherwise I'll get back to you in a few hours...

EDIT : Thinking about it, I think it might not work as to disband ships, they have to be in a port...
    Moreover, you might not be able to disband if there are any troops/agents on board...
    Lastly, if you disband in a port, troops may return to shore automatically...

Anyway I'll give it a try...
    Last edited by _Tristan_; 07-25-2007 at 10:14.
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Won't work.

But you can send an old, crappy ship to the next pirate fleet.

Beware! Relentless Looter! Member Flavius Merobaudes's Avatar

I tried it and it does not work. Contrarily to RTW, you can disband ships on the open sea, not only in ports. But then with an agent or a unit aboard, it says ships can only be disbanded in a harbour. Too bad, I was hoping to get rid of someone.

Slaying Pagans near you! Member TeutonicKnight's Avatar

When I want to get rid of a group that I can't disband, I load them on a ship and go attack a large navy. Tends to work like a charm.

I'm often doing this with large groups of priests when I'm trying to get that Theologian HQ, but it works just as well with thieves.

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

Hey TeutonicKnight... We look like twins !!!
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Slaying Pagans near you! Member TeutonicKnight's Avatar

Well, considering the ius primae noctis of the age, anything is possible. :)

I have found that loading that unwanted general or king onto a ship does work this way.

Load said unit onto ship and move out to sea. Use the army scroll list to find said general. Have him walk off into the water....

I did this by accident the first time. I have never had them with a stack of units or any other spies or priests etc., just the lone unit I am trying to get rid of. It annoyed me the first time as I lost a good general. After that, I use to get rid of the faction heir/ruler that is a real loser.

Quote Originally Posted by joe4iz
    I have found that loading that unwanted general or king onto a ship does work this way.

Load said unit onto ship and move out to sea. Use the army scroll list to find said general. Have him walk off into the water....

I did this by accident the first time. I have never had them with a stack of units or any other spies or priests etc., just the lone unit I am trying to get rid of. It annoyed me the first time as I lost a good general. After that, I use to get rid of the faction heir/ruler that is a real loser.
    Brilliant if it works. In MTW your agents could assisinate your own generals, they cant in MTW2 which baffles me.

I usually send the general in question against rebels and let him die a noble death, but drowning is fine, albeit gamey.

I wish I could just kill him with my assassins
    There are few things more annoying than some idiot who has never done anything trying to say definitively how something should be done.

Sua Sponte

If you walk him across a strait and then hit return just as he is about to cross he will also drown. (He has to land on the green arrow.)
    Patience is the companion of wisdom.
    --St. Augustine

That's just mean. But hilarious.

Roosdaal, being spared from cultural influence,a land where farmers still form the majority of the people.Oh yea,in Belgium.

Quote Originally Posted by Dîn-Heru
    If you walk him across a strait and then hit return just as he is about to cross he will also drown. (He has to land on the green arrow.)

In one word : BRILLIANT ^^
    -Verba mea aurea sunt

-Verba volant , scripta manent

Well, I discovered it by accident and considering I did not want to lose that agent it was not as brilliant as one might think.. But, ah well that's life..
    Patience is the companion of wisdom.
    --St. Augustine

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

time to go drown me some family members!
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Actually, the disbanding the boat method does work. I used it to help create July's Gahzette Challenge. The boat must be in a port and to prevent the avatars from exiting, you need to have armies blocking all adjacent land 'tiles.' It took several tries to get it to work, but I can definitely confirm that under the right conditions, you can do it.

Talking Re: Exploit..unwanted agents and generals

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    Actually, the disbanding the boat method does work. I used it to help create July's Gahzette Challenge. The boat must be in a port and to prevent the avatars from exiting, you need to have armies blocking all adjacent land 'tiles.' It took several tries to get it to work, but I can definitely confirm that under the right conditions, you can do it.
    good work!

for priests, i usually use them on heretics until they either improve or turned. if they turned heretic, i'd set my nearest high-level priest so that i can level them up. with generals and assassins at least they can die in the call of duty.

can't do much with crappy merchants (it'd improve the AI merchants to take over my own) nor the princesses and diplomats. but i guess time to retire them, without pensions.

lookout for the straits that will soon bear the names of my deceased princesses and diplomats!
    Shinai Fodder