Thread: EDU Question

Default EDU Question

I noticed in the EDU that pila armed units have the ap attribute under the primary weapon. Shouldn't the thrown ap attribute be used instead? I've always understood that thats what was used for thrown armor piercing weapons. Thanks
    Those who would give up essential liberties for a perceived sense of security deserve neither liberty nor security--Benjamin Franklin

Default Re: EDU Question

It should be prec, thrown, ap. This is what we have in our current build and, as far as I know, in 0.8x.

Visit the EB Help Required Thread

"His only addiction was to practice." - John Coltrane, describing Eric Dolphy

"and thus it cannot be performed, because one cannot perform that which does not exist." - Arnold Schönberg

Ok. I've noticed in other mods that 'thrown ap' is used. Using the example you gave, it would be prec, thrown, thrown ap

There's also a check box for "Armor Piercing When Thrown" in the Caligula Unit Editor
    Those who would give up essential liberties for a perceived sense of security deserve neither liberty nor security--Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by mcantu; 07-26-2007 at 04:39.

Axebitten Modder Senior Member Dol Guldur's Avatar

"thrown ap" is found in vanilla and I have heard views that it is the same as "thrown, ap" - but this needs testing.

What does seem to be true is that "thrown" has a reduction in time between volleys and that it comes into its own when it goes against opponents with multiple HPs as it seems to gain some sort of bonus against the same.

I have not personally looked into this too much but hopefully xerex/aradan will test it out and update the EDU Guide on this matter.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."