Thread: Chuck and Larry

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

Default Chuck and Larry

In this movie, Larry and Chuck decide to enter into a domestic partnership in order for Larry's pension and Social Security to be transferred to his children in the event of his death. For some reason, the rest of the plot revolves around the idea that 2 people of the same sex in a domestic partnership must be homosexual. This is shocking to me and I am unable to find evidence that this is the case.

Is anyone aware of such a restriction in NY or anywhere else in the US? If so, isn't that sexual orientation discrimination? Why or why not?

BTW - The movie was a major disappointment. The only other movie by Sandler that I disliked was Anger Management.
    Last edited by ICantSpellDawg; 07-26-2007 at 03:35.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Chuck and Larry

I think in the brand new domestic partnerships in Washington, the two people must be of the same gender.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

Well that is absurd. What I'm really talking about is whether the two males or females can be straight.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Join the ICLADOLLABOJADALLA! Member IrishArmenian's Avatar

I assume so. That is not the issue, is it? Can't a gay man marry a woman? Yes, if he wants to is another issue.

"Half of your brain is that of a ten year old and the other half is that of a ten year old that chainsmokes and drinks his liver dead!" --Hagop Beegan