Thread: Wewt!

Default Wewt!

Nepte, Carthage's last defense. A full stack of units, but thank the gods there are no elephants. Alas, there is much calvary, and I have but three spearmen.

I used my archers to panick the enemy away from his walls, then rushe din part of my forces. The resulting concoction was this.

[img=https://img117.imageshack.us/img117/2959/perfectsetupcp9.th.jpg]

You might notice that there's a very long narrow street. My archers fire as the units come up, the units gifht my hastati, and then when they route, the archers shoot them from behind.

Excellent.....

the bit thats quite close to Essex, but honestly is London, UK

Default Re: Wewt!

Well done Sonic !!
    Thats some good tactics, especially as you still have your advice on !
    Awareness of the map ( small roads = bunched units for example) and how to manipulate it is your most powerful weapon.
    Is this your first campaign ??

Funnily enough I've never seen more than a token force in Nepte, usually by the time I've taken the waterfronts - carthage / Thapsus / Lepsis thats their main strength done for. I hate taking a large army down to Nepte... takes forever !!
    Let us create BEDLAM

"We will screw them hard, fast, and in an elegant manner."
    Major General Haim

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly."

All right ... all right ... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order ... what HAVE the Romans ever done for US?

I got confused, actually. T'was not Nepte! That was Cirta.

And this is only my second campaign, but the first I never finished. And it was the exact same as this one. My computer got formatted before I finished.

the bit thats quite close to Essex, but honestly is London, UK

You do know sonic that you can go into the save folder and copy your save files onto a memory stick or whatever to preserve it. I always do that when I'm halfway through a game just in case.

Saves losing a game which can be heartbreaking if its going well.

Just a handy thing to know.
    Let us create BEDLAM

"We will screw them hard, fast, and in an elegant manner."
    Major General Haim

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly."

All right ... all right ... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order ... what HAVE the Romans ever done for US?