Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yubsteb Elephaunts?

Default Yubsteb Elephaunts?

Hey, I was very suprised how my Seleucids VH/VH campaign turned out.
    I command whole Persian terretory in the Roman landscape and I was heading with Elepants and Phalanx towards Rome, I captured Tarentum and sended half army toward the city under it. When I layed siege I saw that the Gladiator Uprise there took care of some startling discoveries, cause when I entered the city I saw huuuuuuuge Elephants, called Yubsteb Elephants, they had some cretan archers on their back and when I killed one, they blocked the paths ^^ So does any1 know what kind of units these are?

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Yubsteb Elephaunts?

They are a joke of CA. If you enter "oliphaunt" into the command console, you will get a unit of these critters. They are not meant to be in the normal game, but there is a bug that makes random units appear when a city rebels and is designated the rebel capital.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Default Re: Yubsteb Elephaunts?

Never typed in Oliphaunt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Globe
    Never typed in Oliphaunt
    Like I said, weird units appear when a city rebels and is designated the rebel capital. That is what caused their appearance in your game.

Ok ^^

Witch Smeller Persuivant Member Fate's Avatar

Wow! Thats really random!
    Ive been playing RTW and its successors for 2 years now, and i never knew about that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug For A Butt
    Hmm... if the AI was programmed to emulate the most stupid Generals in history, that would explain a lot.

"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say "Ni" at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land! Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this point in time."

I stole it from a stupid Iceni Member Shieldmaiden's Avatar

Wow.. just, wow
    "Now, once more I must ride with my knights, to defend what was and the dream of what could be..."

- King Arthur, Excalibur

I totally need one of those.

The Ultimate Grand Inquisitor! Member UltraWar's Avatar

You all know my plans now...fooled by a moderator!

RTW V1.5 & BI V1.6 Member Severous's Avatar

Ive got a saved campaign with a unit of these Yubtseb elephants in it.

If anyone wants to down load it I will provide a link to the file.

Spell the name of the elephants backwards....Bestbuy.
    Regards
    (RTW Eras: RTW V1.5 and BI V1.6 No Mods)

Currently writing a Scipii AAR (with pictures)
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=91877

Barbarian Invasion. Franks hold out against the world.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=77526

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Spell the name of the elephants backwards....Bestbuy
    Wow, I didnt think something like that!

I want a screenie from those huge units.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

X), now I see it to.
    I havent got a screenie anymore, but it sayd I think Yubsteb was the god of Lazyness and some other things.

In war laws are silent.... Member gaiusjulii's Avatar

To be honest I have fought 3 of them and they are just stupidly over powered, It took me 4 full stacks of to take a small city cos they just just got mullered by this thing in then end it took a full army of legionary cohrts and lots of archers with fire to take that mother down. so I have now taken them out my game completely using the descr unit file. easey peasey
    My Neighbour is my enemy, my allie is my enemy i dont trust...

A war fought for security is just, anything else is Mass Murder....

Witch Smeller Persuivant Member Fate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Severous
    Evidently spelling isnt your strong point!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug For A Butt
    Hmm... if the AI was programmed to emulate the most stupid Generals in history, that would explain a lot.

"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say "Ni" at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land! Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this point in time."

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

Hmm, that explains the text saying something about the god of shiny things that people don't really need but buy anyways. Or something like that. I added them in my macedonian campaign just for fun. Weird thing is I tried to sally out with them but they couldn't get through the gate so I sent my other forces out to fight. Then a couple of minutes later one of my oliphaunts somehow made it out of the gate but I never saw how and the rest were still stuck.
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

I've never actually encountered this unit randomly in the game, but I have used the cheat to get a unit.

Unfortunately it worked once and now whenever I try it, the game crashes.

@Fate...Yep. Spelling isnt my strong point. I didnt notice the spelling mistake.

Here are the beasts. Unit card and description only at this point.

In a few days time my faction leader, at the head of a powerful army, will complete his long foot journey from Italy to Turkey and slay these beasts. I intend to take a few pictures during that battle and will post them here if thats OK.

PS..theres another word in the description that make sense when spelled backwards....
    Last edited by Severous; 08-11-2007 at 19:03.
    Regards

Default Yubtseb Elephaunts - Pictures

Here are those pictures I promised:

Start of the battle. The 'small' elephants in the foreground are my Mercenary War Elephants. The Yubtseb's look bigger even at this distance.

Up close and they stood too near the camera to fit in.

Lets hope those Onager fire pots find their mark.

One does a glancing hit and down goes a big guy and its many passengers.

Under a storm of fire arrows and artillery fire the remaining three Yubtsebs run amok.

Oops. Yubtsebs run really fast. Strangely they didnt kill any of their own troops when they ran through them...but they did kill mine.

Elsewhere in the battle the enemy gladiators have rushed forward. I retreat the artillery crews and bring up my own Elephants.

Mercenary War Elephants and the General (faction leader) double team on the enemy.

One Yubtseb run off the battlefield, the other three were killed by artillery, arrows and javlin armed cavalry.
    Regards

Default Yubtseb Elephaunts - Pictures

In the campaign those Yubtseb elephants occurred in a gladiator uprising, as a Scipii owned city rebelled. Despite well over 50 regions rebelling that was the only Yubtseb unit I saw.
    Last edited by Severous; 08-12-2007 at 19:07.
    Regards

Hehehe. There's a rebel peltast/skirmisher flying in your last pic. I found it entertaining to pause my battles to examine the men sent flying by my armoured war elephants. The camera allows one to see the floaters from almost everyone angle. CA should have programmed a man going hyperbolic after being tossed by one of those yubtsebs.

At a new top-secret (non-CA) location, surrounded by lots of steel and glass, high atriums, hordes of lovely marketing ladies, and with a new and spacious desk with plenty of room for body-moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Severous
    Ive got a saved campaign with a unit of these Yubtseb elephants in it.

If anyone wants to down load it I will provide a link to the file.

Hehe, yeah we had fun with the Yubtseb... there were a couple of other special cheats put in for store chains as well, but these were fun to code as well. Did anyone find the name of their God amusing?

The fact that they appear in some uprisings was a bug due to how the random selection list for the rebellions was done, which got fixed in one of the patches, so if you're not coming across them in your game that's probably why.
    "All our words are but crumbs that fall down from the feast of the mind."
    -- from 'The Prophet' by Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by JeromeGrasdyke
    Hehe, yeah we had fun with the Yubtseb... there were a couple of other special cheats put in for store chains as well, but these were fun to code as well. Did anyone find the name of their God amusing?

The fact that they appear in some uprisings was a bug due to how the random selection list for the rebellions was done, which got fixed in one of the patches, so if you're not coming across them in your game that's probably why.

Tis a real shame the AI for the battle and campaign was so "poor"... Other than time, the game rocks!

Well, back to playing Europa Barbarorum and their improved AI campaign via scripting... XD (gawd I wish someone would crack the hardcoded battle AI)
    "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind...but there is one thing that science cannot accept - and that is a personal God who meddles in the affairs of his creation."
    -Albert Einstein

Everyone! A Developer Is Reading The Thread! Bash The Game As Much As You Can So They'll Work Harder On The Next!

Im pleased developers read the threads...even after so long. Ive no intention of bashing anyone...its a well done game.

Marketing is the name of the god of the bestbuy elephants.

Shergar is another of the spelt backwards words...god of horses of something like that.

My Yubtseb elephants came from a V1.5 game. The save campaign I took over had originally been on V1.1. I know the Yubtseb generated during my V1.5 gaming. So if they were taken out in a patch fix...they got back in during V1.5 patch. Ive no problem at all with those. All good games deserve a little fun provided its well hidden and 'special' when it occurs.
    Regards

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicdahedgie
    Everyone! A Developer Is Reading The Thread! Bash The Game As Much As You Can So They'll Work Harder On The Next!
    Hello Sonicdahedgie,

Could you be more polite with CA staff? I know, you want a better game, who not? But sometimes, bashing discourages staff members. Also is taken as an insult and that is penaltied with a Minor Ban Point.

Thank you,

Garci'

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

In war laws are silent.... Member gaiusjulii's Avatar

PLease feel free to burn me for going off topic so I appologise in advance.

Glad to see CA still taking an active interest in the game, just one point i would like to make to them. The Diplomacy is a beautiful idea but flawed please fix this.

End off topic.

sorry dude.
    My Neighbour is my enemy, my allie is my enemy i dont trust...

A war fought for security is just, anything else is Mass Murder....

PLease feel free to burn me for going off topic so I appologise in advance.

Glad to see CA still taking an active interest in the game, just one point i would like to make to them. The Diplomacy is a beautiful idea but flawed please fix this.

End off topic.

sorry dude.
    Who, me?

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

Blog Entries

Well, the EB mod still has this problem when a city rebels and is designated rebel capital, and they use R:TW 1.5. I know why you can't comment on modded versions of the game, but to the best of everyone's knowledge this cannot be modded and hence should be in the .exe file.

Oh, and Garcilaso de la Vega el Inca is right (except about the "ban" point: the board staff uses a warning system, and the heaviness of the penalty depends on the circumstances). We encourage feedback on this forum, but bashing of a TW games or mods is not allowed.
    Last edited by Ludens; 08-25-2007 at 19:52.

Hehe, yeah we had fun with the Yubtseb... there were a couple of other special cheats put in for store chains as well, but these were fun to code as well.
    Has anyone found the other store chain cheats? Yubsteb is the only one I've ever heard of.

process_cq "Cityname"

add_money 40000

toggle_fow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast