Thread: [SOLVED] Increase Unit Size

Default [SOLVED] Increase Unit Size

Like to increase unit size, number of soldiers in each unit, playing ibfd 7.03., cant make it work. In version 5,0 i simply went to descrete export unit,and changed for example from 40 to 60, but in the newer version it does not work. Grateful for suggestions.

Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.

Default Re: Increase Unit Size

Load the game, go in Options, Video, click on "advanced" and on the top right, there should be "Unit Size". For example, in normal settings a unit has 40 men. It's doubled in Large settings, and it's 4 times as many in Huge. However, this only works for a new campaign, and there is a performance drop on the battlefield.
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

sorry for not explaing properly, i am already playing at huge units,what i want to do is increase unit size even more, and the only way to do this is to go in to rome/total war/bi/data/export.descrete.unit. and change it from there, it worked in the older versions but not in version 7.03. Thanks for your help though.

I don't know where else it could be put. MII hides it in the cab files. Maybe you didn't install the mod right? I've seen the new version uses mod switch, maybe that's why you can't find it.
    Eras Total Conquest, your Eras TW for Kingdoms.

Quote Originally Posted by tartaruga
    sorry for not explaing properly, i am already playing at huge units,what i want to do is increase unit size even more, and the only way to do this is to go in to rome/total war/bi/data/export.descrete.unit. and change it from there, it worked in the older versions but not in version 7.03. Thanks for your help though.
    Hi tartaruga, If your using the mod switch version the folder you need to look in first is your IBFD folder ibfd/data/export_descr_unit. The ibfd folder takes the place of your bi.

Quote Originally Posted by tartaruga
    Like to increase unit size, number of soldiers in each unit, playing ibfd 7.03., cant make it work. In version 5,0 i simply went to descrete export unit,and changed for example from 40 to 60, but in the newer version it does not work. Grateful for suggestions.
    as Riothamus mentioed, its in rome-total war/ibfd/data/export_desc_unit.txt, not rome-total war/bi/data/export.descrete.unit
    by the way, welcome to the guild
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants