Thread: Anybody else with laggy campain map?

Default Anybody else with laggy campain map?

Hi, first off great mod and a huge thanks for giving a better RTW experience.

I wanted to ask is anyone else having a really laggy campaign map? everything you do its slowed down a fair amount, which is strange because the battle map works perfectly.

any advice?
    thanks in advanced.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Default Re: Anybody else with laggy campain map?

Some people tend to get some lag on the campaign map. A good way to help it is to turn off campaign shadows. Also, using CTRL-T to turn off town names is said to help a bit.

Member Member antiochus epiphanes's Avatar

i had the same problem till i turned off the campaign map shadows too, but now its fixed

I get this strange lag when I try to point a army or something to move, that has no movement points left. Only thing to make it go away, is to move an army that has movement points left. I think it has to do with some settings with the campaign map units moving very fast. When they move, they seem to "speed up", causing lag for a sec, to stop when they arrive.

I also get lots of lag, even with shadows turned off, especially above trade-heavy regions (trade caravan/ship animations). For some reason FOW off reduced quite some lag.

Wow, that's counter-intuitive. Does more and does it faster . Perhaps the engine renders everything then applies the fog, rather than decide where the fog should be lifted and render that.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Axelus
    I get this strange lag when I try to point a army or something to move, that has no movement points left. Only thing to make it go away, is to move an army that has movement points left. I think it has to do with some settings with the campaign map units moving very fast. When they move, they seem to "speed up", causing lag for a sec, to stop when they arrive.
    I have exactly the same thing. :/ No lag otherwise.

The two things that helped me the most were turning of 'Follow AI' and most importantly...get more RAM!! 1 Gig is good for XP; 2 Gig min for Vista...
    Those who would give up essential liberties for a perceived sense of security deserve neither liberty nor security--Benjamin Franklin

I have expierienced some cases of lag here and there but I wouldnt change my settings because I like the detail in the campaign map and wouldnt want to lessen it. The lag dosent bother me that much and most of the times it goes away when I end my turn. It only happens once in a while so I can handle it.