Thread: Gaullic Regional Troops after 220

Default Gaullic Regional Troops after 220

I would like to know if its possible to recruit different Gaullic troops as regionals after the Gaullic reforms in 220? I'm playing as Epirus, and the year is 218. I have several towns in northern Italy from which I can recruit gaullic slingers, spearmen, etc. However no swordsmen or anything tougher than Gaeros (sp?). Now that the reforms have come will I be able to recruit Neitos, Brihentin, or other troops?

TM

Default Re: Gaullic Regional Troops after 220

The reforms don't affect regional MICs, so know you won't ba able to recruit any new troops.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Neitos and Brihentin are at level 4 and 5 respectively of the regional MICs in northern Italy.

Closet Celtophile Member Redmeth's Avatar

If regionals are impossible to reform, couldn't the Neitos and Brihentin be moved up further north into Gaul, it would be a bit weird as the Romanii to field Camillan/Ploybian troops and Neitos/Brihentin that are late/elite Celtic troops. At least have the Romani have to conquer more to get them not just Mediolanum.
    Last edited by Redmeth; 07-30-2007 at 15:21.

Regionals are not impossible to reform, but "expensive". There are a finite number of buildings available, we're near the cap, and each reform spends an amount of them.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Redmeth
    If regionals are impossible to reform, couldn't the Neitos and Brihentin be moved up further north into Gaul, it would be a bit weird as the Romanii to field Camillan/Ploybian troops and Neitos/Brihentin that are late/elite Celtic troops. At least have the Romani have to conquer more to get them not just Mediolanum.
    This is a human problem. The AI won't get the troops, because when it captures any province, the script places the highest government type available. And since most(/all?) Gallic provinces allow type II for Romans, they won't be able to build regional MIC's higher than level 3. The exception comes if there's an existing government building of either level III or IV and the Romans repair it, a lesson which I learned in my Aedui campaign, when I established a level IV gov in Segesta and gave it back to the Romans. It's a matter of self control weather a human player chooses to use them.

Btw, haven't tried this, but Neitos recruited from the Po valley are probably a great way to represent Hannibal's veterans.