Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: saku recruitment

Default saku recruitment

the nomad system in eruropa is amazing but what to i have to do for the saku to be able to recruit the hellen units, such as what buildings are required

Default Re: saku recruitment

Read the FAQ ... very carefully.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Incorruptible Forest Manager Member Tristuskhan's Avatar

Read it carefully ... I did and was not able to recruit those units, so.... campaign with Sarmatian horse archers, Saka early nobles, Saka riders and Saka archers. Good luck!
    "Les Cons ça ose tout, c'est même à ça qu'on les reconnait"

Kentoc'h Mervel Eget Bezañ Saotret - Death feels better than stain, motto of the Breton People. Emgann!

sorry to be a pain,
    i hold the provinces and have the reform building but still no units no matter what i build

Quote Originally Posted by dbarger58
    sorry to be a pain,
    i hold the provinces and have the reform building but still no units no matter what i build
    Nevermind, I told you... You can hire the nice mercenary hellenic medium phallanx if you want infantery better than the weak Sampul spearmen. I've never seen someone witnessing he was able to train those hellenized Saka units until now.

Kentoc'h Mervel Eget Bezañ Saotret - Death feels better than stain, motto of the Breton People. Emgann!

Is the bug confirmed and maybe even located? I don't remember at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaatu
    Is the bug confirmed and maybe even located? I don't remember at all.
    can anyone confirm positivel that they have actually had the reform work? i was thinking of playing a game as the saka, (with my own house rule of never moving the capital!) but if the reforms dont work it will put me off.

Well the reform's "building" comes easily but it seems impossible (at least for me) to train any reformed troops. And any local troops, in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by tristuskhan
    Well the reform's "building" comes easily but it seems impossible (at least for me) to train any reformed troops. And any local troops, in fact.
    ok, but is it only you who has suffered this problem? has anyone reported being able to train reformed troops as the saka?

Quote Originally Posted by KARTLOS
    ok, but is it only you who has suffered this problem? has anyone reported being able to train reformed troops as the saka?
    As far as I know, none...

Frightens enemy infantry. Member Meothar's Avatar

I wasn't able to build Indo-Hellenics either. Someone told me that you can build those units after vanilla-marian-reforms, but I don't know if this is correct.

It doesn't work because recruitment building require the saka reforms NOT being present. It's pretty easy to fix though

Very nice to hear that! And how can it be done?

Quote Originally Posted by kaaskop
    It doesn't work because recruitment building require the saka reforms NOT being present. It's pretty easy to fix though
    let us no how to fix it, if possible copy and paste the code or upload it.

You must hold 4 regions for 4 winters under "ALLIED GOVERNMENT". It is in the FAQ.

You like EB? Buy CA games.

Quote Originally Posted by keravnos
    You must hold 4 regions for 4 winters under "ALLIED GOVERNMENT". It is in the FAQ.
    we know that, yet by all accounts the helenic troops are not recruitable.

Hey no one wants to help us poor steppe wanderers?

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ
    You must hold Baktra, Marakanda, Alexandreia Eschate, Antiocheia Margiane, Alexandria Ariana or Taksashila for 4 consecutive winters.
    Does this mean that you have to hold one of those cities for four winters, or that you have to hold the four first ones and either Alexandria Ariana or Taksashila, or what? It's a little confunsing. The problem with me was that I was never able to build an "Allied government".

Meh: it requires Marian reforms according to the lines in my EDB.

Code:
    recruit "eastern infantry agema hellenikon" 0 requires factions { pontus, } and hidden_resource EA and hidden_resource D and hidden_resource n1 and hidden_resource n2 and hidden_resource n4 and hidden_resource y8 and marian_reforms
                    recruit "eastern infantry agema hellenikon" 0 requires factions { pontus, } and hidden_resource EA and hidden_resource D and hidden_resource n1 and hidden_resource y2 and hidden_resource y4 and hidden_resource y8 and marian_reforms
                    recruit "hellenistic cavalry saka agema hippeis" 0 requires factions { pontus, } and hidden_resource EA and hidden_resource D and hidden_resource n1 and hidden_resource n2 and hidden_resource n4 and hidden_resource y8 and marian_reforms
                    recruit "hellenistic cavalry saka agema hippeis" 0 requires factions { pontus, } and hidden_resource EA and hidden_resource D and hidden_resource n1 and hidden_resource y2 and hidden_resource y4 and hidden_resource y8 and marian_reforms
    And.

Code:
    recruit "hellenistic infantry indo greek hoplite" 0 requires factions { pontus, } and hidden_resource EA and hidden_resource D and hidden_resource n1 and hidden_resource y2 and hidden_resource y4 and hidden_resource y8 and marian_reforms
                    recruit "hellenistic infantry indo greek hoplite" 0 requires factions { pontus, } and hidden_resource EA and hidden_resource D and hidden_resource y1 and hidden_resource y2 and hidden_resource y4 and hidden_resource y8 and marian_reforms
                    recruit "hellenistic infantry indo greek hoplite" 0 requires factions { pontus, } and hidden_resource EA and hidden_resource D and hidden_resource n1 and hidden_resource n2 and hidden_resource n4 and hidden_resource n8 and marian_reforms
                    recruit "hellenistic infantry indohellenikoi hoplitai" 0 requires factions { pontus, } and hidden_resource EA and hidden_resource D and hidden_resource y1 and hidden_resource n2 and hidden_resource y4 and hidden_resource y8 and marian_reforms
                    recruit "hellenistic infantry indohellenikoi hoplitai" 0 requires factions { pontus, } and hidden_resource EA and hidden_resource D and hidden_resource n1 and hidden_resource y2 and hidden_resource y4 and hidden_resource y8 and marian_reforms
                    recruit "hellenistic infantry indohellenikoi hoplitai" 0 requires factions { pontus, } and hidden_resource EA and hidden_resource D and hidden_resource y1 and hidden_resource n2 and hidden_resource n4 and hidden_resource y8 and marian_reforms
                    recruit "hellenistic infantry indohellenikoi hoplitai" 0 requires factions { pontus, } and hidden_resource EA and hidden_resource D and hidden_resource y1 and hidden_resource y2 and hidden_resource y4 and hidden_resource y8 and marian_reforms
                    recruit "hellenistic infantry indohellenikoi hoplitai" 0 requires factions { pontus, } and hidden_resource EA and hidden_resource D and hidden_resource n1 and hidden_resource n2 and hidden_resource n4 and hidden_resource n8 and marian_reforms
    Last edited by Tellos Athenaios; 08-04-2007 at 13:10.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaatu
    Does this mean that you have to hold one of those cities for four winters, or that you have to hold the four first ones and either Alexandria Ariana or Taksashila, or what? It's a little confunsing. The problem with me was that I was never able to build an "Allied government".
    Consecutive. So at least one of 'em, for four winters / years on end.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios
    Meh: it requires Marian reforms according to the lines in my EDB.
    Ah, at last an explanation.. Does it mean we can change the lines in order to get them without the marian reform?

I'd suppose so. But if you break your game, don't go and say "he told me too ".
    - Tellos Athenaios

Cool Re: saku recruitment

Am I supposed to be stupid enough to say so ?

I'm going to give it a try, but I need to know something else, are the units valid to be trained with "allied government" only or should there be a specific building? In my campaign I was able to build "something" after "allied government" in some provinces (Kophen, I'm sure about this one). It's shown as a basic vanilla barrack, called "warning!" and has no description... What could it be?

EDIT: mission... unsuccessful, of course, it CTD'ed and complained about a missing hidden ressource. I must have blundered somewhere (probably left a space when I deleted "and marian reform" or "not saka reform").

"Hey, you told me to do that !" Anyway, my game is not ****** up, I backed up the EDU before I went playing with it.

But I noticed something odd when wandering in the EDU: Saka lancers are available for faction: "romans_scipii", not "pontus". "scipii" are Sauromatae, aren(t they? Now I know why I can't train them....
    Last edited by Tristuskhan; 08-04-2007 at 21:47.

Well removing the marian reform prereq works fine for me, just remember to backup. Also my backup export_descr_building has this line in it:
    {
    muster_field_T requires factions { pontus, armenia, } and building_present_min_level government govnomad and not building_present_min_level hinterland_reforms1 saka
    {

and again:
    }
    militia_barracks_T1 requires factions { pontus, armenia, } and building_present_min_level government govnomad and not building_present_min_level hinterland_reforms1 saka
    {
    again:
    }
    city_barracks_T1 requires factions { pontus, armenia, } and building_present_min_level government govnomad and not building_present_min_level hinterland_reforms1 saka
    {
    and:
    }
    royal_barracks_T1 requires factions { pontus, armenia, } and building_present_min_level government govnomad and not building_present_min_level hinterland_reforms1 saka
    {

@kaastop: do you mean you just remove the "not"?

Did you have a look at the Saka lancers, by the way?

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tristuskhan

But I noticed something odd when wandering in the EDU: Saka lancers are available for faction: "romans_scipii", not "pontus". "scipii" are Sauromatae, aren(t they? Now I know why I can't train them....
    I checked the v.81a2 EDU and ownership of 312 Saka Lancers is "pontus, slave, romans_scipii, armenia", which means that Saka, Sauromatae, & Hayasdan can recruit this unit. If your EDU says anything else, than you are playing with an older EB version or a player-mod with an old or modified EDU.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

Or you're just confusing the EDB with EDU. And looking at the wrong entry?
    - Tellos Athenaios

It's EDB, of course... I'm playing with the 0.81a2 version, unmoded, and it's the first EB build I play with. The mistake with Saka lancers must be about the "barrack" level involved, so, wrong entry, of course.

Anyway, I'm unable to train any saka lancer in my current campaign (year 232bc). Always the same issue! To sum up (again, you can be upset) all I can train is: saka foot archers, sampul infantery, sauromatae HA, saka riders and early saka nobles, plus dahae riders and horse archers (in Nisa only). Nothing else! (oh yes, basic boats in Charax). I control everything east of a line going from Ekbatana, to Susa and Charax and south of a line going from Kiat, to Bin-Khat and Chighu, except the three Indus provinces.

well you can recruit said units if you remove the not and marian reforms, but
    this will probably give the sauromatae some trouble because they don't get saka reforms ( never played sauromatae so i'm not sure ) and therefore can't build those recruitment buildings. You can also probably remove the entire prereq wich removes the reforms impact on the game but will will hardly upset the balance.

Rhâââ, I already knew it but now I'm sure about it: moders are MAD! I've been checking the EDB and removing the "nots" and the marian requirements. My right hand hurts! Now, I'll give it a try!

EDIT: done, and it works!

Could the developpers put it in the FAQ? As Kaaskop said, everything must be messed up for Sauroatae (and maybe Hayasdan), but at least Saka players should be able to play a proper campaign that way.

I think I'm going to edit something else: I'll change the name of the "heroic saviour" ancilliary to "Kaaskop"!
    Last edited by Tristuskhan; 08-05-2007 at 02:18.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast