Thread: Basic modding questions

Question Basic modding questions

You've probably heard this all before, i have made basic mods by editing units stats and giving extra money to factions etc.. with the folders desc_strat and so on, but i'm lost with what tools i need and how to even start at changing units appearance, or changing a faction say turning the bruti into a greek faction etc.. could someone just give me some links to the needed tools and give me a basic talk about how to start modding, its really confusing if your a dope like me.

cheers

Anything that isn't 'member' Member Squid's Avatar

Default Re: Basic modding questions

Go the Scriptorium subforum, and you will find a link at the top that takes you to a categorized list of tutorials and tools used to make any and all possible changes. Pick the change you want then choose the tutorial you want.

-Trait/Ancillary/Building Editor

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity;
    and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Snake_Plisskin
    changing a faction say turning the bruti into a greek faction etc..

cheers
    You are in luck, in this tutorial, Atilius explains how to remove the senate and convert the Brutii into the Syracuse faction.

Good luck
    RM3

hey cheers guys, that list you gave me Squid is really good, still looks hard but i'll try an figure out what the extract an all means lol
    + cheers roman man i'm carrying out thast mod u just showed me quite an easy tutorial so hopefully it'll all keep working ok cheers